Desert Clean Up

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Desert Clean Up

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2013, 01:41 AM   #1
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2129 Times on 1168 Posts
Likes Given: 634

Default Desert Clean Up

Today my wife and I plus about 60 other members of the Jeep club I am a member of went out into the local desert area to remove trash. We hauled out 2 large dumpster loads of mostly shooting trash. We do this once a year. There are some real slobs and jerks out there. We found lots of broken bottles set up on rocks. I wonder if some of these shooters know what those whizzing sounds going by their heads are. Mostly 7.62x39 and some 7.62x54R. Very few 22 lrs or other calibers unless they are picking up their brass. Lots of shotgun shells and broken clays also. Targets of all kinds just abandoned and broken glass littering the whole place. There was some dumped trash but 90+% was shooting debris. Beer bottles seem to be a favorite and there were pieces of lime so they were drinking them on the spot. The BLM is getting fed up and may close the area to shooting because of all the trash. If you shoot on public land, clean it up or you wont have a place to shoot.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
I am not older than dirt but the rocks were bigger and there were more of them when I was a kid.

People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-11-2013, 01:52 AM   #2

Liked 1909 Times on 1062 Posts
Likes Given: 1261

I agree 100%. I am sick of all the pigs that shoot on public lands. When I am done shooting you can not tell that I was ever there.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

People Like This 
Old 12-11-2013, 02:00 AM   #3

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Even though the amount of land littered by shooters is small compared to over grazing and minerals exploration. The BLM knows blaming shooter and closing millions of acres is safe. Being Anti-Gun is always a safe excuse for unpopular Government theft.

Old 12-11-2013, 02:16 AM   #4
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967 View Post
I agree 100%. I am sick of all the pigs that shoot on public lands. When I am done shooting you can not tell that I was ever there.
Looking at the Jeep in your avatar, they hardly know your there when your there.

Patron Member NRA
I am not older than dirt but the rocks were bigger and there were more of them when I was a kid.

dango Likes This 
Old 12-11-2013, 08:00 AM   #5

Liked 184 Times on 134 Posts
Likes Given: 185

Im not gonna lie we shoot can when where camping. We eat the food and then use the cans for target practice usually with 22s. But we clean the cans up and try to get as much 22 brass up as possible. You take out everything you bring in its always been our rule.

It ticks me off that people do this type of thing esp if your near your vehicle how hard would be to just throw your trash in a bag or hell even just chuck it in the back of your truck its just people being lazy and they shouldnt be

"come on you sons of b***hs! do you want to live forever?" Sergeant Daniel Daly, USMC, Belleau Wood France June 6th 1918

"You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go" Benjamin Button

BE PREPARED

dango Likes This 
Old 12-11-2013, 09:52 AM   #6
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6334 Times on 3163 Posts
Likes Given: 6828

My bet is those leaving the garbage are the same ones that live in human trash compactors called cities and are used to it. Our State lands are kept pretty clean for the most part and we have thousands of acres. We dont really have a huge influx of outside shooters, thankfully. Its too bad some folks dont get it, mother nature is to be protected not abused...

Old 12-11-2013, 10:03 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1620 Times on 869 Posts
Likes Given: 2634

I saw some pretty scenery yesterday on a local wildlife management area. My brother and I were scouting for some good spots for deer hunting. Thankfully, we did not see any trash. That is such a bummer to go to a beautiful and remote area and have it ruined by trash. If I lived closer, I'd look into joining your jeep club

boykinjeep.jpg  
Old 12-11-2013, 11:18 PM   #8
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I have seen the same thing on the lakes. They hauled it in and now it weighs less but they cant seem to haul it out. Worst case was on Folsom Lake in CA. My wife and I landed our kayaks on a beach for a lunch break. We cleaned up the beach. As we were leaving 3 jet skis 6 people landed. On our way back we saw them leave. The beach was littered with trash and 3 30 packs of beer. They had to be drunk on their collective asses even if it was light beer and there is a deposit on those cans in CA.

Patron Member NRA

dango Likes This 
Old 12-12-2013, 12:03 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3306 Times on 1861 Posts
Likes Given: 18894

I live in pretty much a lush forest , down-right beautiful , whimsical..! When the week Enders come , they take in the wonderful landscape, wildlife and all nature has to offer .

The problem is , they don,t live here , so they got no respect for the natural forests the way we do . It,s not many , but , beer cans and moss just don,t belong together .

I would never dump trash on someone,s property , nor do I want it in my property!

The desert clean-up , great thing you,re doing.!

Old 12-12-2013, 12:47 AM   #10

Liked 751 Times on 497 Posts
Likes Given: 830

I donno... I wish more people would start leaving their brass!!

I use to find tons of it, now its just steel cases...

People Like This