Dec 21, 2012 - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Dec 21, 2012

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2009, 04:32 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post

JD, RL, WDB, Dr. Gonzo will build a double secrete bunker somewhere in the PNW and stock it with beer, women, food, and ammo.
HA HA, thanks for the vote of confidence buddy...........then again, that does sound kinda fun......

The Mayan calender says nothing about the end of the world. All it says is "they will come again", the Mayan were the world's first master astronomers and the builders of the most accurate calender ever devised. All astronomers know that on that date the planets line up in a way they only do once in a blue moon (not sure, like every 6,000 years?).My personal opinion is that it will probably end up being new stars or astrological features that would otherwise not be visible that show them selves during this rare alignment.

Either that or the alien's are coming back to take Tango home.....both scenarios could be equally as likely

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” -HST

"In a nation ruled by swine, all pigs are upwardly mobile—and the rest of us are F###ed until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. We owe that to ourselves and our crippled self-image as something better than a nation of panicked sheep."-HST

Old 09-27-2009, 05:15 PM   #22

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC357 View Post
I tried a search on here and couldn't find a thread of this title.

Anyway, I was wondering what everyone's thoughts were on this end date on the Mayan Calendar???

Personally, I think it will come and go like the Y2K debacle. No end of days. No world wide disaster, or the beginning of the end, etc.

Just curious what everyone's thoughts are on this.

OC
Anyone ever given any thought that the Mayan's calendar guy just got tired of writing out their calendar, took a siesta, had a frosty beverage and said: "2012. That should be good enough for now. I'll finish it up in a few years before I retire". ???

JD

Old 09-27-2009, 05:21 PM   #23

As I explained to a few people on MSN, the Mayans were advanced enough to create herbal mixtures, like today's pot, that were able to last for decades.
Upon taking them, one of the men began creating the calendar, but their advanced drug wore off upon completion of the year 2012.
(Also explains why they played soccer with people's heads and killed the ones who don't make a goal)

Americans love a winner. Americans will not tolerate a loser. Americans despise cowards. Americans play to win all of the time. I wouldn't give a hoot in hell for a man who lost and laughed. That's why Americans have never lost nor will ever lose a war; for the very idea of losing is hateful to an American.

~ George S. Patton (1944)

Old 09-27-2009, 09:12 PM   #24

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

It's a good excuse for the wife and I to fool around!

Old 09-27-2009, 09:16 PM   #25

Nothing is going to happen. Dec 21, 2012 is the day that the Sun will cross the Celestial Equator. Meaning it will cross through the equator of our galaxy. It isn't the end of the world or anything. Makes sense since the Mayan calender and other ones that predict this event were based on the Earth/stars/Sun.

If something bad is going to happen, I'm not worried about it. I'm going to sit down on the porch, and pour myself a nice glass of Scotch on the rocks and enjoy my final moments.

Last edited by hogger129; 09-27-2009 at 09:19 PM.

Old 09-27-2009, 09:45 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmith84 View Post
i'm a little worried. alot of different prophecies converge in 2012 i hope its all bull but i'd still like to have a bunker too just in case

Yes a lot of so called prophets have listed 2012 as either the end or something catastrophic.

I will not be paranoid as some of my friends were with the Y2K scare, but I will not sit back oblivious and taken by surprise either.

There seem to be too many soothsayers calling for something big/bad to ignore

Old 09-27-2009, 10:16 PM   #27

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogger129 View Post
Nothing is going to happen. Dec 21, 2012 is the day that the Sun will cross the Celestial Equator. Meaning it will cross through the equator of our galaxy. It isn't the end of the world or anything. Makes sense since the Mayan calender and other ones that predict this event were based on the Earth/stars/Sun.

If something bad is going to happen, I'm not worried about it. I'm going to sit down on the porch, and pour myself a nice glass of Scotch on the rocks and enjoy my final moments.
You do realize that there is no equator in a 4th dimentional universe, right?

Elsewise, there are 'scholars' that have realized that the Mayan calendar is approx 4 years off of our own since our own is is not nearly exact as theirs.

Ever wonder why the next year, we are not going off the DLST deal?

Next time, try dividing by 0...

Death, doom and destruction is coming for those who are not inclusive...that's my prophesy, and I have spoken...

Did I say that I am a direct descendant of Nostradomus? Oops...

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 09-28-2009, 12:47 AM   #28

Liked 29 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Next time, try dividing by 0...

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazul42 View Post
We are a small planet on a little spiral arm.Rather miniscule in comparison to the vast expanse of space,,, just that it's " our " space.
Who knows, just prepare ourselves for the nutjobs in some mass hysteria about the date.

Have fun,

Jeff

Old 09-28-2009, 05:14 AM   #29
neo

Wasn't their calendar more accurate than our Gregorian calendar?
Well, Spanish priests burned all but two or three of their scroll, labeling them as Satan's work. So all we go one are like three books out of hundreds.

Old 09-28-2009, 05:25 AM   #30

It's going to be Y2K all over again. We spent thousands of dollars preparing for what turned out to be nothing. Even threw a big party at the fire station so all the Volunteers would be there when the SHTF, and nothing. But do to circumstances we are already planning to do the basically same thing again only this time we are talking about having our bug out kits with us just incase.

May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.- General George Patton Jr

I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve.
Isoroku Yamamoto

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
John F. Kennedy