Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Deadwood (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/deadwood-18178/)

notdku 09-17-2009 02:54 PM

Deadwood

Totally missed this one and been getting them one after another on Netflix. Awesome show!

IGETEVEN 09-17-2009 03:07 PM

Indeed, a great show and that Ian Mcshane who plays Al Swearengen, great part. I really wonder if he seriously spoke in such a poetic and grand way as portrayed, would most people of that time period, with limited education, not understand him half or most of the time? :confused:

Jack

CA357 09-17-2009 03:08 PM

It was an excellent series.

user4 09-17-2009 05:26 PM

I have 'em all on the comp. Great series. However best series of all time? Carnivale`

gorknoids 09-18-2009 02:34 AM

My favorite was "The Wire".

Dillinger 11-15-2010 03:19 PM

Had to dig this one instead of starting a new thread.

On a whim I got the very first episode on Netflix download. Who would have thought you could get netflix and internet access direct from the TV?! Not through the cable, right through the TV and the wireless interwebz. Amazing.

Anyways, I was hooked. I have now made it through the first two seasons and have the third awaiting to watch. I am already disappointed that there are no other seasons to have on deck.

Some truly great characters in this show. Swearingen is by far my favorite. I either want to back him or shoot him every episode. Man that Ian McShane can sure act.

I have to admit I have a certain fondness for the character of Charlie as well. Not real smart, but damn loyal and he isn't afraid to hand out a beatdown when the situation calls for it. I know the actor has gone on to play the sheriff on Sons of Anarchy and I like him in that role as well, but Charlie is a character that deserves some credit.

And Wu is just damn funny. While that character probably had the Asian community up in arms, the writing is quite funny in how Wu gets things done and how he communicates. :D

Any recent converts to Deadwood??

suprdave 11-15-2010 03:43 PM

I loved this show, and still can't figure out why it was cancelled. :confused:

NGIB 11-15-2010 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suprdave (Post 386802)

Because it wasn't ignorant and aimed at teenagers?

Dillinger 11-15-2010 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suprdave (Post 386802)

I did some reading on that just this morning and for some reason HBO opted not to resign the stars of the show. That pretty much sums it up apparently. The Wire met a similar fate and I am just getting into that one as well. :confused:

suprdave 11-15-2010 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NGIB (Post 386805)
Because it wasn't ignorant and aimed at teenagers?

There you go making valid points. Don't you know that's not the way to win an argument?