Deadliest Warrior - Page 4

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Deadliest Warrior

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2010, 12:30 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

I like watching the tests with various weapons, but the battle scenes and outcomes are sometimes way off.

Old 04-21-2010, 12:34 AM   #32

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian View Post
I like watching the tests with various weapons, but the battle scenes and outcomes are sometimes way off.
It's a battle simulation based on 1,000 head to head occurances. I don't think "off" is part of the mathmetical outcome.

Now, you may not agree with who wins, but given they go head to head 1,000 times, I would say the outcome should be pretty conclusive...

Old 04-21-2010, 03:26 AM   #33

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
It's a battle simulation based on 1,000 head to head occurances. I don't think "off" is part of the mathmetical outcome.

Now, you may not agree with who wins, but given they go head to head 1,000 times, I would say the outcome should be pretty conclusive...
Yes, but the battles are determined by who they give the "edge" to, no?

Tonight they gave the edge based on speed and shooting accuracy which have more to do with individual abilities rather than weapon capabilities. They're off.

Old 04-21-2010, 03:27 AM   #34

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

I need some of those ballistic dummies with skeletal structure built in!! Where can I order those??

Old 04-21-2010, 02:26 PM   #35

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian View Post
Yes, but the battles are determined by who they give the "edge" to, no?

Tonight they gave the edge based on speed and shooting accuracy which have more to do with individual abilities rather than weapon capabilities. They're off.
Well, I think they have to rate the weapons numerically on some sort of scale. That would make the most sense considering they are running a computer program.

The tests do show what the weapons can do and then I think they discuss what they think is a better choice, but I also remember them talking from early in the first season that to alleviate a tie or a random "one of" that the 1,000 battles would balance the totals.

I noticed that with the Spartan the first time around, against the Ninja, he got a ton of kills with the Shield, but against the Samurai, he got like 337 kills with his spear. The spear was a weapon that the experts didn't feel had the edge in the head to head, so that was interesting.

For what the show is, I greatly enjoy it. Granted, I think that the "experts" lack a lot of fundamental knowledge.

Asking a sniper to put a round between the eyes, when no sniper shoots for that point on a target, is just wrong. I understand wanting to pick a point for accuracy, but use the correct methods.

The SWAT vs. GSG-9 Battle was a good example of one side having the advantage in the experts eyes, GSG-9, and then the other guys kicking their butts in the head to head.

Granted, it isn't perfect, but it's better than Dancing with the wannabes.

Old 04-21-2010, 04:11 PM   #36

Liked 109 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 6

The computer generated battle situations put both teams on the offensive allowing themselves to be at risk of being in the open for great periods of time, then most likely to be killed. Highly unlikely in a real tactical situation.

Good show though.

"As an American, I was not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials"...Newt Gingrich

The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Old 04-22-2010, 12:28 AM   #37

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Dancing with the wannabes vs. Spetsnaz!!