Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Deadliest Warrior (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/deadliest-warrior-14435/)

Hot Sauce NARC 06-03-2009 03:53 AM

Deadliest Warrior

Dose anyone else think that the Show Deadliest Warrior on spike is absolutly F###ing retarded? Ive watched this show a few times, and it just pisses me off these "experts" claim to compare weapons but they have completly different tests for them, how is this a comparison? and the rest of the show is just geeks having a pissing contest about whose closet fantasy warrior is better.:mad:

sgtdeath66 06-03-2009 03:57 AM

come on though vikings vs samurai was cool, plus the ninja vs spartan was awesome too

Benning Boy 06-03-2009 04:00 AM

I missed it! Who won on IRA vs. Taliban?

Hot Sauce NARC 06-03-2009 04:01 AM

the IRA won

Dillinger 06-03-2009 04:08 AM

I disagree.

I love the show and I love the tests, in context, of what they are doing.

These are the same guys who tested the top MMA fighters against what is "normal" for the comman man and Bas Rutten kicked a dummy so hard that the big, dark haired guy Jeff told him there was a "glitch" and he had to test him again.

Bas Rutten replied "Now you are making me angry, I am REALLY going to kick this dummy".

His "kick" to the chest was the equivalent of a 35 MPH car crash!!! :eek::eek:

I effing love ANY science that is applied to fighting, fighting tactics, or ballistics.

All the work they are doing, is making the next generation of firearms, shells, ballstic armor and protective devices THAT much better...

JD

Benning Boy 06-03-2009 04:12 AM

When should it be out on DVD?:cool:

Dillinger 06-03-2009 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benning Boy (Post 112438)
When should it be out on DVD?:cool:

They JUST finished season one. SPIKE is the parent TV program, and they have been Hit and Miss with DVD releases.

I would GUESS they are going to release this on DVD BEFORE Sept/Oct...

JD

IGETEVEN 06-03-2009 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benning Boy (Post 112427)
I missed it! Who won on IRA vs. Taliban?

I did too, I kind of though it would turn out to be a draw, because both sides would end up utilizing suicide bombs. I guess the IRA won.

easterner123 06-03-2009 09:50 PM

unrealistic but still entertaining

I have to admit that I ejoy the show, but there is little realism. In real life people are much better shots, and the situations are implausible, like a soley one on one squad skirmish with the spetsnaz. Or using an entrenching tool instead of a knife and missing and just lots of other stuff. But still intersting to watch

skullcrusher 06-03-2009 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IGETEVEN (Post 112734)
I did too, I kind of though it would turn out to be a draw, because both sides would end up utilizing suicide bombs. I guess the IRA won.

5 IRA vs. 5 Taliban

It got down to 3 Taliban and 1 IRA guy. One Taliban took out his own guy with an RPG (funny right there) and the IRA guy finished it with a remote bomb on a bus.