Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Dead Like Me

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2009, 04:56 AM   #1
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 697 Times on 387 Posts
Likes Given: 729

Default Dead Like Me

So pretty random but I think Dill posted a picture of the creatures in Dead Like Me. So I Googled the show and read the Wiki. Never heard of it. I go into Netflix and see I can watch it online. Just watched both Seasons this week. Really well done show!

Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-10-2009, 01:37 PM   #2

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3474 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Yeah, that was one cool show. I really like the character of Rube. That guy was awesome. Did you see the one where he is in a REALLY long line at the post office and some lady comes in and tries to cut in line? Completely Awesome!!

Oh yeah - and screw you Gravelings!!

JD

Old 03-10-2009, 02:30 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

I loved that show. I think IMDB said something about a tv movie or something coming out. That George chick is a cutie with her perma-pout.

Old 03-10-2009, 02:45 PM   #4

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3474 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
I loved that show. I think IMDB said something about a tv movie or something coming out. That George chick is a cutie with her perma-pout.
You know, there was something that was unconventional about her beauty, but Mrs. JD and I said the same thing, she is kind of a little cutie. I haven't seen anything else with her in it though... I never really checked, but I just haven't seen her as a random cast member anywhere else.

There was some good writing on that show though. I really enjoyed and was bummed when it got cancelled...

Old 03-10-2009, 03:12 PM   #5

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

That show was great until Mandy Patinkin (Rube) walked out on the show. When he walked out they canceled it. He did the same thing on Criminal Minds. He just up and leaves. I can't stand that A-hole more for Dead Like me than criminal minds he did that show a favor by taking his ignorant azz and leaving.

Old 03-10-2009, 05:10 PM   #6
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Netflix missed like 6 episodes so I didn't see the Post Office scene. Haven't seen the movie yet.

George is ok but Daisy is hot!

Old 05-28-2009, 05:49 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

I check the Slickdeals.net site pretty often; this caught my eye today : Amazon.com: Dead Like Me: The Complete Collection: Ellen Muth, Callum Blue, Jasmine Guy, Mandy Patinkin, Cynthia Stevenson, Britt McKillip, Christine Willes, Laura Harris, Crystal Dahl, Greg Kean, Patricia Idlette, Talia Ranger, Brad Turner, David Gr .
I may have to pick that one up.

Old 05-28-2009, 05:58 PM   #8

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

Now My favorite was the meter maid. She was my kind of lady always on the verge of going nuts and ripping some poor dudes soul right out of his body (Which she did in one episode).

Rube: [to George] You're a constipator, Peanut. You disturb my ****, and that's annoying.

Rube in Post office line.

Rube: [to a hurried woman who sees an acquaintance in line at the post office and moves in line next to her] I have a question for you... is everyone in this line an *******?
Woman in Post Office: Excuse me?
Rube: Is everyone you just cut in front of an *******?
Woman in Post Office: No.
Rube: So it's just you then?
Woman in Post Office: I have children in the car.
Rube: I have a cake in the oven.
[pointing]
Rube: He's got three minutes left on the meter. And she's got a lunch meeting. We all have a finite amount of time. Now get in the back of the line. And don't use your children like that - it's shameful.

That show had some good writing.

George: I'd say I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not. I excel at not giving a ****. Experience has taught me that interest begets expectation, and expectation beget disappointment, so the key to avoiding disappointment is to avoid interest. A equals B equals C Equals A, or whatever. I also don't have a lot of interest in being a good person or a bad person. From what I can tell, either way, you're screwed. Bad people are punished by society's laws, and good people are punished by Murphy's Law. So you see my dilemma.

Last edited by cpttango30; 05-28-2009 at 06:11 PM.

Old 05-28-2009, 06:03 PM   #9

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I loved that series. One of the few homeruns Showtime did back then. Had no idea Mandy effed it up though. Bastage.

Old 05-28-2009, 07:28 PM   #10
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Still some episodes I haven't watched since Netflix only has so many.

It's a show that really stays with me for some reason. Writing was excellent but the imagery and dark humor of it is really captivating.