Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Daylight-savings-time....... (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/daylight-savings-time-59919/)

LONGHAIR 03-10-2012 06:18 PM

Daylight-savings-time.......

Everybody around here is bitching about loosing a hour of sleep...I want more daylight at the end of the day...I don't care about a hour sleep...I hate when-it gets dark at 5:00pm every-night....

winds-of-change 03-10-2012 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LONGHAIR (Post 735845)
Everybody around here is bitching about loosing a hour of sleep...I want more daylight at the end of the day...I don't care about a hour sleep...I hate when-it gets dark at 5:00pm every-night....

Me, too. I like the daylight. It truly lifts my spirits when we change the clocks in the spring. Since I work nights I more dread turning the clocks back one hour in the fall. That means my 10 hour work shift suddenly turns into an 11 hour shift. I'm off this weekend so this one won't bother me at all.

dragunovsks 03-10-2012 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LONGHAIR

Im with ya, i hate getting off work and driving 30 miles home and not being able to get anything done before it gets dark.

bkt 03-10-2012 09:08 PM

"Only the government would believe that you could cut a foot off the top of a blanket, sew it to the bottom, and have a longer blanket."

subie-jeep 03-10-2012 09:23 PM

just as i'm starting to have daylight for the first hour of work in the a.m. :(
good thing i bought more batteries for my streamlight.

DodgerBlue 03-10-2012 09:23 PM

What is this thing you call Daylight savings time?? I don't watch much tv.

MrWray 03-10-2012 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DodgerBlue

Dodger stop playing! hahaha

JonM 03-11-2012 03:57 AM

i would rather get up later in the day and have it dark at "3PM"

LONGHAIR 03-11-2012 09:46 AM

Got all my clocks set....:D.....

AcidFlashGordon 03-11-2012 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DodgerBlue (Post 736005)

Good question. I know about Daylight Saving Time but not the other one.... :p

With the shift in Earth's orbit at this time of the year, the "extra" hour of daylight would be there anyway due to the lengthening of the day. And how about those cities edging close to the Arctic Circle? Do they really need another hour of daylight, considering that the sun never completely goes below the horizon? Not to mention the fact that DST can affect one's health:

Quote:

Once again, itís time to turn the clocks forward (at 2 a.m. Sunday) for Daylight Saving Time. The yearly change is sure to cause more than a few missed brunch dates, and perhaps some confusion over why the alarm is going off an hour early. But the shift in sleep schedule could have more serious effects on some peopleís health, according to experts on circadian rhythm, particularly in people with depression or heart disease.

Not going on Daylight Saving Time doesn't seem to have an adverse affect on those living in Arizona or Hawaii..........:rolleyes: