Day the sky turned brown: 3,000ft high dust cloud rolls across Arizona AGAIN! - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Day the sky turned brown: 3,000ft high dust cloud rolls across Arizona AGAIN!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2011, 01:01 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 860 Times on 342 Posts
Likes Given: 1687

Quote:
Originally Posted by armoredman View Post
Lived in this state well over 40 years, and I have NEVER EVER heard it called a frickin' "HABOOB" before! Maybe in the Middle East it's a "haboob", but here it's a DUST STORM! If the media types wanna call it by an Arabic name, they can go to Iraq! Egads.
Yes, the first and second ones swept right over me, sky went dark, couldn't see the road from the front window, couldn't see the back wall of the back yard. Very glad to not have been driving during those conditions.
Chill out dude! I was using the word because I thought it was a funny term. The term fits whether or not you are here in the USA or the middle east. Much the same as if you as an American were to go to the middle east and refer to the haboobs as dust storms. What would you think of someone in the middle east getting all angry about an American using the term dust storm?

But just maybe I am a secret plant just trying to "Islamify" this forum

Old 07-20-2011, 02:42 PM   #12

Liked 38 Times on 32 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroxAZ View Post

But just maybe I am a secret plant just trying to "Islamify" this forum
As-Salāmu `Alaykum my brother welcome I thought I was the only one.

ديث طه أل أمريكان بعجز ذر إس اونلي أن ترو جود عند ذات إس الله. ديث طه أل ث ينيفاديلس نفضل

Old 07-31-2011, 04:20 AM   #13

Liked 245 Times on 134 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Thanks, but I'll skip the invite to do illegal activites to relax. Have a nice day.

Old 07-31-2011, 03:29 PM   #14

Liked 19 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by armoredman View Post
Thanks, but I'll skip the invite to do illegal activites to relax. Have a nice day.

Huh?

Day the sky turned brown: 3,000ft high dust cloud rolls across Arizona AGAIN! - The Club House

"Despite the conviction and seeming depth of knowledge with which ideologues speak, they are intellectual weaklings--joiners--who defer to systems of belief and charismatic gurus for their ideas." -- Daniel J. Flynn

GOA

Old 07-31-2011, 04:55 PM   #15

Liked 860 Times on 342 Posts
Likes Given: 1687

Tango's post on previous page.