Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Day of giving

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2012, 12:26 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 133 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 43

Default Day of giving

Today is the day of giving. It is a day when the red cross has many volunteers on hand to take donations to help victims of hurricane Sandy. Anything you can give will help, even a $5 donation makes a difference. $5 will give a family batteries that they desperately need to power flashlights and radios. Your donation will be matched by corporate sponsors today Monday 11/05/2012. The URL is www.redcross.org/abc. Please give today at the URL above so your donation will be doubled.

There is going to be an immediate response with an outpouring of support. These people are going to be struggling and needing support a year from now. Your donation will be there to support these people long after the media has forgotten them.

The victims of Katrina were forgotten and might have struggled even more if Robin Roberts wasn't constantly finding newsworthy stories on the gulf coast to keep their struggle to rebuild in the media spotlight. Her family home where she was raised was destroyed. The home her mother lives in now took a year to rebuild. It was close to six months before the roads were rebuilt and construction crews could move the required heavy equipment and building materials into some areas. The people of NY & NJ will face the same obstacles.

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/

Last edited by Old_Crow; 11-06-2012 at 12:44 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-05-2012, 03:06 PM   #2

Liked 2350 Times on 1528 Posts

I'm giving my regular blood donation tomorrow, and will throw some cash towards them. Who else?

Feral cat waterboarder

Old_Crow Likes This 
Old 11-05-2012, 03:23 PM   #3
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 250 Times on 165 Posts
Likes Given: 88

Can't give blood but cash is on the way.

May the Force be with you.
An armed society is a polite society - Robert Heinlein
A Gun-Free-Zone is nothing more than a hunting preserve for wackos.

Old_Crow Likes This 
Old 11-05-2012, 06:05 PM   #4

The Red Cross helps people that are working but don't qualify for federal aid. That box of chicken, pork or block of cheese they get from the red cross frees up money in their family to buy construction materials or whatever they need to make their lives whole again. After Katrina I know several families that ate red cross donated food while they were rebuilding their homes. Insurance never pays for everything. Most people that fixed their own homes barely got enough for materials. My aunts roof was trashed. Several of us went to Pass Christian, MS to replace her roof. She got less that $4000 to replace the roof on a 1,600 square foot house. Just the cost of 25 year shingles were more than she received from the insurance company.

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/

Last edited by Old_Crow; 11-06-2012 at 12:42 PM.

Old 11-06-2012, 11:08 AM   #5

At 8 pm EST thirteen million had been raised to help the victims of hurricane sandy.
Edit: I just saw the total raised 16.8 million. 16.8 million is an unprecedented amount collected on any single day by the red cross. If you couldn't give yesterday the need will still exist months from now. Your gift will still have the same impact a month from now. The people who lost everything to Sandy will not give up. We should not give up on them.

Last edited by Old_Crow; 11-06-2012 at 12:39 PM.