Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   David Spade gives $ to Phoenix P.D. (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/david-spade-gives-phoenix-p-d-9378/)

supergus 12-23-2008 08:49 PM

David Spade gives $ to Phoenix P.D.
 
Always thought he was kind of annoying, but I like him a lot more.
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/12/23/DD9T14TEVI.DTL&type=entertainment

Dillinger 12-23-2008 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supergus (Post 57158)
Always thought he was kind of annoying, but I like him a lot more.
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/12/23/DD9T14TEVI.DTL&type=entertainment


Ah crap! I have never liked that little twerp and then something like this happens and I have to say nothing but "RESPECT" now....

There goes the neighborhood when David Spade moves in and turns out to be pro gun....:rolleyes:

JD

Mark F 12-23-2008 08:55 PM

I always thought of him as a turd with peach fuzz. But, that was a super fine jesture on his part. You think they'll over look those parking tickets now???

hillbilly68 12-23-2008 09:03 PM

Joe Dirt comes through again! Good for him.

dragunovsks 12-23-2008 09:59 PM

Wow, he just moved up a notch in my book. Well, actually 50 notches. Glad to see that SOMEONE in Hollywood has a little common sense and is on our side, that is the Pro-gun side.

robocop10mm 12-23-2008 10:28 PM

$100,000 for 50 AR's? Are they gold plated? Agency price is about $700 each. They could get 100 for that price plus EO Tech's for the lot.

Dillinger 12-23-2008 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robocop10mm (Post 57173)
$100,000 for 50 AR's? Are they gold plated? Agency price is about $700 each. They could get 100 for that price plus EO Tech's for the lot.

I am betting someone gave him a quote based on market value currently and he stroked a check. Good the cops though - put the extra money towards training and more ammo.

JD

cpttango30 12-23-2008 11:51 PM

That is cool and all but isn't that a straw purchase? I mean he is giving money to another person to buy firearms and give to someone else. How does he know that the police that are getting the firearms are god police officers?

To me I see this as a straw purchase.

supergus 12-24-2008 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpttango30 (Post 57185)
That is cool and all but isn't that a straw purchase? I mean he is giving money to another person to buy firearms and give to someone else. How does he know that the police that are getting the firearms are god police officers?

To me I see this as a straw purchase.

Nope. The 100k was actually a donation to the Phoenix Police Foundation which is a non profit org. I do agree though, they could buy a hell of a lot more rifles than 50. Their goal is 300. Safe to bet they'll reach that goal pretty quick. BTW he gave 25k last year to the family of a slain Phoenix officer, and he also gave 10k to an animal shelter. I like him more and more.
(He did play great roles opposite Chris Farley though:D)

Dillinger 12-24-2008 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supergus (Post 57247)
(He did play great roles opposite Chris Farley though:D)

Okay, I will give you that. He was awesome in Black Sheep.

"Are you, or are you not, the Black Angel of Death?" LOL


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:24 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.