Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Daughter was attacked today (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/daughter-attacked-today-19113/)

mrm14 10-13-2009 10:07 PM

Daughter was attacked today

So I get a phone call from the Police department about 9:00AM regarding a kidnap attempt on my daughter and youngest grandson. Before the officer or detective could say too much I asked if she and my grandson were alright and where they were. Thank god they were O.K. Regardless a few more grey hairs I don't need.

I shortly after a brief conversation with the officer I spoke to my daughter.

What had happened was that she was returning home from a doctor appointment for my youngest grandson when her vehicle started to sputter out obviously running out of gas. My daughter didn'y pay atention to the gas guage when she had left the house earlier and the tank was on empty. So she took the first turn off the freeway and coasted 2 blocks trying to make it to a gas station and ended up having to pull into a used car lot. She found one of the guys who worked there and asked if they had any gas or a gas can as the gas station was just one block away. The guy said he had a gas can with gas and that he would go get it and for her to stay in the car as it was raining and windy. The guy was gone for some time looking for the can of gas and no one else was to be seen on that used car lot. She decided to call her husband and let him know that she had run out of gas and was getting help and had it under control and would be home a little late. While talking to her husband on the phone a van pulled into the car lot, turned around and stopped just behind to the side of her vehicle. Her vehicle was facing into the car lot and the van was facing into the street. She saw a fairly large caucasian male get out of the van and approach her drivers door through her rear view mirror. She then said that she locked the doors just before this guy was up to her door which was a good thing. The guy, without a word, tried to open her door. The window was partially down on her door and the guy reached through it and grabbed my daughter by her left arm. She said that the guy then told her, with a broken accent, to get out of her vehicle and get into his van while he had a hold of her through her vehicle door window. She grabbed into her purse and retrieved her can of pepper spray but wasn't able to use it immediately as she and her son would get back splashed with this spray. After a few moments she decided to let this guy pull her a little more out through the partially opened window so she could get a good shot at him with her pepper spray. She said she nailed him with the spray in the upper body and the face. He let go and staggered back a few feet and then he started kicking the door and glass of her vehicle but with not much success in breaking the glass out. Then he slipped and fell to the ground and didnt get up as the spray was really kicking in on the guy. She said she thought for a second or two that no one was there to help and that she couldnt start her vehicle to get away so she decided to get a little more pro active with this situation. She then said things took over in her body and mind like she was on auto pilot when she reached back into her purse and grabbed a swich blade knife she carries, open up her door, jumped out onto this guy as he was almost back to his feet, knocked him back to the ground and as she was on top commenced to work this jerk over with her blade. She claims she didnt know how long she was slicing this guy up but from out of thin air she was knocked off this guy and rolled several feet away. She said that when she lookup up that it was the car lot guy which was now on top of her attacker and beating the shat out of him. Within moments the Police showed up. No one had called, they had just been cruising buy and saw the commotion going on.

The guy was taken off by the ambulance and was arrested. My daughter is in a little trouble as she has and used an illegal switch blade kinife. She called back from downtown just awhile ago and said that the officers said not to worry too much about charges aginst her for having this knife as any charges for this would be minor and that she wouldn't be getting it back. She also said not to bother coming downtown as her husband was there and will be bringing my grandson buy soon for me to watch and she would be coming by the house when whe was done there. Lucky that I'm not working in the field today.

She did say in the last conversation from downtown that she wants me to loan her the money so she can buy another knife or handgun A.S.A.P.

I cant think much about that now as I'm still a little shaken by this situation.

My daughter is near 30 Y.O., 4'10", about 110 lbs in weight, and can be as mean as a Badger. I cant imagine what this jerk attacker is thinking now as litterally a little girl kicked his a$$.

M14sRock 10-13-2009 10:14 PM

Wow. I'm glad your daughter didn't buckle, like women today are taught to do. Thank God she fought back.

This could have turned out very differently. Sounds like you did a good job raising her.

skullcrusher 10-13-2009 10:16 PM

I got this as an e-mail nearly 2 years ago. Changed slightly, but almost the same. Even the language is about the same. I'm not doubtin, I'm just sayin'.

dunerunner 10-13-2009 11:40 PM

mrm14, sorry to hear this, where did it happen? My daughter lives in Sacramento, I want to warn her!!

falseharmonix 10-13-2009 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skullcrusher (Post 173649)
i got this as an e-mail nearly 2 years ago. Changed slightly, but almost the same. Even the language is about the same. I'm not doubtin, i'm just sayin'.

zziiiiiinnnnnggggg! :d

skullcrusher 10-14-2009 12:02 AM

I'm just askin, but your daughter carries a switchblade and cut the guy up? What town? Where can I find a news article on this? I'm thinking I can help. The police called you, not your son-in-law? At 30 and married, why would the police call you?

mrm14 10-14-2009 03:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dunerunner (Post 173683)
mrm14, sorry to hear this, where did it happen? My daughter lives in Sacramento, I want to warn her!!

Fulton anenue off the freeway exit. About 3 blocks south on Fulton ave. from the freeway. Alot of used car lots there. The guy is Russian.

mrm14 10-14-2009 03:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skullcrusher (Post 173697)
I'm just askin, but your daughter carries a switchblade and cut the guy up? What town? Where can I find a news article on this? I'm thinking I can help. The police called you, not your son-in-law? At 30 and married, why would the police call you?

It just happened this morning and I dont know if it has been on the news. I havn't seen it here. In Sacramento. She lives in Placer county.

I dont know why they called me it was from the car lot and my daughter said she asked them to call me. The conversation I had with the officer was very short and I spoke with my daughter for a few moments on the first call. She had called me several times later on her own cell phone.

mrm14 10-14-2009 03:59 AM

Daughter has just left my house and apparently she might be in some trouble with this situation. The knife thing. They had her down town for quite a long time before she came here. She seem to be O.K. except for some pretty bad burises on her arm and chest. The pepper spray she got on herself was bad. Her husband had brought her clean clothes before she got here and I threw her fouled clothes in the garbage outside. She showered here for quite awhile but was still bothered somewhat by the residual pepper spray.

dunerunner 10-14-2009 04:01 AM

Wow, just off Buisness 80!! What time of day, I'm guessing early in the morning as you got the phone call at 9AM? Keep us posted and I'll tell my daughter.