Dash Cam: Canton PD "Notification" Arrest & Officer Goes Berserk / Threatens - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Dash Cam: Canton PD "Notification" Arrest & Officer Goes Berserk / Threatens

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2011, 04:45 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 780 Times on 418 Posts
Likes Given: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car54 View Post
My reply to you is:
And I'm okay with that.

I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
~George Washington

Old 07-22-2011, 05:12 AM   #42
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1932 Times on 1369 Posts
Likes Given: 2183

Default Your still # 1

Quote:
My reply to you is:
I see you watch the military channel too.........

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

Old 07-22-2011, 06:11 AM   #43
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Jester, kindly turn it down a few notches and folks, please move on.

I'd like to keep this thread open, because it's good for discussion and debate. So, please discuss...

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 07-22-2011, 06:18 AM   #44
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

... and just in case:

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 07-22-2011, 06:25 AM   #45

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

I got nothing, but....

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 07-22-2011, 10:05 AM   #46

Liked 100 Times on 61 Posts
Likes Given: 109

And this is the rule of 3 at work?..wtf

Old 07-22-2011, 02:10 PM   #47

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

So this guy have his CCL out ready and tried to tell the LEO he has a CCW but failed because he was interrupted.

What is the best thing he could have done different at that point?

Thank you.

“Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig.”

"Memories are pictures in your mind." - Kathryn (my 3 year old daughter)

Old 07-22-2011, 03:13 PM   #48

Liked 109 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I have never been in that position but if it were me, I would have expected the driver to announce "officer, I have the responsibility (or something to that effect) I have a concealed weapon permit and I want to tell you that I am armed". It doesn't matter if he was told to shut up and look forward, don't turn around, or any other command. Keep repeating it until it is understood by one of the officers.

Tell them I have the permit in my hand, it's on the seat, in my wallet...something to get them to listen.

Regardless if the cops were dumb enough to brush (ignore) the driver aside while conducting other business, the CPL holder still should have announced his permit in some way. While being removed from the car he should have been saying that he has a permit several times if necessary.

The cops were completely wrong in the situation but the driver did nothing on his part to alert the officers of the permit. Yes, I understand he was following the officers directions but sometimes you have to step out of the box.

"As an American, I was not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials"...Newt Gingrich

The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Last edited by Car54; 07-22-2011 at 03:18 PM.

Old 07-22-2011, 05:13 PM   #49
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 89 Times on 59 Posts

With this"officer" I believe if you would of stopped out of the box he would of knocked you back into it.

Old 07-22-2011, 05:23 PM   #50
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
I have never been in that position but if it were me, I would have expected the driver to announce "officer, I have the responsibility (or something to that effect) I have a concealed weapon permit and I want to tell you that I am armed". It doesn't matter if he was told to shut up and look forward, don't turn around, or any other command. Keep repeating it until it is understood by one of the officers.

Tell them I have the permit in my hand, it's on the seat, in my wallet...something to get them to listen.

Regardless if the cops were dumb enough to brush (ignore) the driver aside while conducting other business, the CPL holder still should have announced his permit in some way. While being removed from the car he should have been saying that he has a permit several times if necessary.

The cops were completely wrong in the situation but the driver did nothing on his part to alert the officers of the permit. Yes, I understand he was following the officers directions but sometimes you have to step out of the box.
So, it is OK to ignore officers' instructions during a traffic stop? That doesn't match with what i've been taught in Driver's Ed & such. I have always been taught to follow all officer instructions TO THE LETTER during a traffic stop or other police interaction. So, now i guess i should evaluate how the officer i'm being policed by is doing his/her job before i decide to comply with their instructions during a traffic stop or other investigation. I could see that leading to problems.

Nobody has explained why officer loudmouth isn't facing criminal charges for assault or assault under the color of authority (rodneyking-esque) for threatening to cave in the guy's skull or shoot him ten times with his Glock, BELIEVABLE THREATS (officer was armed & in range & appeared very hostile). Am I to assume that the only reason is that he has not been held accountable for his ILLEGAL actions is due to his position as an LEO?

Further, if the permit-holder had shot the overly-agressive officer during the officer's "shoot you with glock" threat, how would it not be a legal self-defense shooting, assuming the permit-holder could convince a jury that he had a reasonable fear of potentially deadly harm to his physical person.

Personally, i know there are some honest, community-loving LEO's out there, and i appreciate what they do to keep people safe. However, if ANYBODY makes a believable (armed & in range & crazy mad) threat on MY life while i am armed, i will probably shoot them at least three times, center mass, without respect to what they are wearing or who they are supposed to be working for or what they are supposed to upholding.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.