Dash Cam: Canton PD "Notification" Arrest & Officer Goes Berserk / Threatens - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Dash Cam: Canton PD "Notification" Arrest & Officer Goes Berserk / Threatens

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2011, 08:16 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Bolan View Post
I think they should take a portion, if not all of it, of this video and use it in CCW classes as an example of how to react in the situation(at least for the driver), along with maybe some other videos of a correct interaction between the two in a similar or same situation.

It would likely do wonders for both law abiding parties should they ever have that encounter. I dont think it ever hurts to see some reminders on how to stay calm and cool in a situation where another is not, especially when there is such a difference in the level of authority between the two.

While I acknowledge approaching a possibly armed suspect or civilian could be nerver racking and is plenty reason to be on edge, at the same time, having a LEO threaten you while you're trying to cooperate would be kind of scary too.
These are supposed to be adults. If you cant handle the job, you shouldnt do the job. I dont want to hear about how "its scary" and all that. Its your job, do it as professional as possible or QUIT! ESPECIALLY LEO's, you are a rep for the city, state, county or community you happen to be in, and this is beyond a joke. REAL LEO's should be embarrassed for this kind of behavior.

Old 07-21-2011, 08:29 PM   #22

Liked 134 Times on 78 Posts
Likes Given: 240

Quote:
Originally Posted by cddbrowns View Post
These are supposed to be adults. If you cant handle the job, you shouldnt do the job. I dont want to hear about how "its scary" and all that. Its your job, do it as professional as possible or QUIT! ESPECIALLY LEO's, you are a rep for the city, state, county or community you happen to be in, and this is beyond a joke. REAL LEO's should be embarrassed for this kind of behavior.
I agree 100%.

Old 07-21-2011, 08:39 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 32 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 30

I personally support LEO's 110%. I am currently studying criminal justice with the hopes of becoming one, one day. I found this video disturbing and that situation was blown totally out of proportion. It is beyond ridiculous.

Old 07-21-2011, 08:51 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

This was pathetic. I seriously loved the driving around "blacked out", how safe.

"I am so close to caving in your god damn head." Officer's transcribed comment.

This should be grounds for criminal charges of making a threat under the color of authority or maybe assault. This douchebag should never wear a badge again, unless it is colo-rectally implanted. His partner in dumbassedness needs to be retrained on how to restrain your partner when he idiots out.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 07-21-2011, 09:09 PM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2959 Times on 1476 Posts
Likes Given: 327

What was the stop originally about?
Near as I can tell they think they have a solicitation beef. With officer DB calling everyone a liar and threatening them with jail before they can string together a sentence, it's hard to tell.
I also don't recall a consent to search.

NRA Life Member

"We've replaced what was an exceptional country with a tolerant country. " Greg Gutfeld

Last edited by Overkill0084; 07-21-2011 at 09:23 PM.

Old 07-21-2011, 09:19 PM   #26

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill0084 View Post
What was the stop originally about?
Near as I can tell they think they have a solicitaion beef. With officer DB calling everyone a liar and threatening them with jail before they can string together a sentence, it's hard to tell.
I also don't recall a consent to search.
Nor did they "catch" him in anything other than giving someone a ride. Proof of actual solicitation? Didnt see nor hear of any.

Old 07-21-2011, 09:27 PM   #27

Liked 124 Times on 104 Posts
Likes Given: 235

They said a Felony.....I don't think after seeing that Video,it's going to stand-up in Court....

Old 07-21-2011, 09:30 PM   #28

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGHAIR View Post
They said a Felony.....I don't think after seeing that Video,it's going to stand-up in Court....
They said felony after they said they realized he had a gun. They were going to charge him with a felony gun charge and take away his CCW because they didnt want to hear anything coming out of his mouth because the angry cop must have been recovering from AZZHAT SYNDROME!

Old 07-21-2011, 09:37 PM   #29

Too much of the story missing for me to make a judgement, did something wrong to get pulled over in the first place. Just my opinion

I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.
-Ayn Rand

Old 07-21-2011, 09:50 PM   #30

Liked 1788 Times on 924 Posts
Likes Given: 1356

Interesting video.

I went through the thread and agree the LEO was way out of line. That being said, I have to think this LEO got burned somehow in the past. Either him, someone he was with, or maybe someone he knew. It was too visceral a display of hostility in the face of a calm and collected ‘suspect’.

I’m not defending his behavior in the least but I think there must be a back story here we don’t know about. Over reactions like that don't come from nothing.

Last edited by Vincine; 07-21-2011 at 09:54 PM.