Firearm & Gun Forum -

Firearm & Gun Forum - (
-   The Club House (
-   -   the dark clouds have lifted!! (

MrWray 08-29-2012 11:04 PM

the dark clouds have lifted!!
Im happy to report that i am not longer amongst the unemployed. I got hired fulltime with a glass manufacturing plant, starting pay of $20hr, 12 hour shifts,and only 15 minutes away from my house. I start this tuesday after labor day,good jobs around my area are almost non existant, it normally takes someone close to a year to get on at this plant and i was lucky to get on within 3 months of applying. They are also in the union and i plan on joining as soon as i can, im pretty stoked to get started. We have been struggling for a little while so this is truely a blessing. Im sure that my activity here will slow down, but ill still pop in and participate whenever i can, yall dont forget about me :-)

bkt 08-29-2012 11:06 PM

Hey, that's great! Congrats on the new job.

texaswoodworker 08-29-2012 11:14 PM

Congrats!!! Sounds like a great job.

g23shooter 08-29-2012 11:18 PM

I know all to well how it feels to be unemployed for a long time with nothing in sight. Happy for you. I was in the Glass industry for 6 years in a tempering plant made commercial and residential IG mostly with custom glass doors. Just wear the PPE!

astroman 08-29-2012 11:20 PM

Congrats man - jobs are indeed tough to find these days and you are one of the lucky ones - I have been working on my own for the last 3 years and doing some contract work as well, but things are inconsistent. Thank God my wife has a great job...

Chainfire 08-29-2012 11:24 PM

Congrats on returning to work. I was also on the Unemployment rolls for the first time in a 40 year working career. It took me 53 weeks to find a job that paid 1/3 of what I made before. Two years afer returning to work I have gotten a good part of that back.

downsouth 08-29-2012 11:24 PM

So happy for you Wray ! Happy for that beautiful shepard of yours also. Just two more weeks of old roy. :-P

winds-of-change 08-29-2012 11:28 PM

I am so happy for you. You definitely deserve this break. I hope you like the job and you are able to get back on your feet financially.

MrWray 08-29-2012 11:28 PM

Thanks fellas,you all are very much appreciated. this plant is big on safety and ive already got my ID card and my PPE. My wife has a decent job but im supposed to be the one supporting my family, it doesnt feel good when your other half busts their ass to support everyone and you dont have a job. I cant wait to get started

Dillinger 08-29-2012 11:32 PM

Hell brother, I would rather have your ass working than running around here giving likes and posting all day. :p

Congratulations man! Not many things feel as good as when you get that job and get to stand on your own two feet again.

Get down to the store as soon as you can and get yourself a steak and a beer to celebrate.

Hell, PM me your address and I'll send you a couple over for the bar-b-que. ;)