You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Daily Mopar pics...


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2017, 01:37 AM   #1801
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
kfox75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Wrong side of the tracks, Erie PA,
Posts: 7,027
Liked 6643 Times on 3814 Posts
Likes Given: 32143

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK97 View Post
Daily Mopar pics... - The Club House
I built my rebel online, no extended cab option
Don't forget that pesky tax thing, as that's why the $100,000 is also part of the prize. Certain investments would allow you to keep more of that money.

And no. A new Ram is not one of those investments, not ro mention how it would affect ypir tuition assistance.
__________________
Guns don't kill people. Blood loss and organ failure do.

I may live in the North, but I still uphold the Southern Values I was raised with.

lifetime member. NAHC, NRA, And SCOPE NY

If it's a nice enough day to wash the bike, it's d@mn well also a nice enough day to be riding it instead.
kfox75 is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 04:31 AM   #1802
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Dallas53's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Piney Woods of Central East Texas
Posts: 5,376
Liked 6914 Times on 3784 Posts
Likes Given: 11824

Default

i'm not spending $50K plus for a new truck! not in this lifetime, and even if i won a $10 million dollar lottery, i would pay that much for a new truck.

but there are several old classic muscle cars i would pay a $100K plus for!
__________________
"Blue Lives Matter"
Following The Rule Of Law, Oppose Sanctuary Cities, And Those Who Support Them.
NRA Member and Supporter. Join The NRA Today!
"the hate which we all bear with the most Christian patience, is the hate of those who envy us."
Dallas53 is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 10:48 AM   #1803
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
dango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 11,134
Liked 11199 Times on 5469 Posts
Likes Given: 42411

Default

Yeap , old school , got to love it ..... Classic cars we can still work on and that must be the attraction .....
dango is offline  
Dallas53 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 10:54 AM   #1804
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
SRK97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Winchester, VA Keyser, WV
Posts: 3,442
Liked 3255 Times on 1876 Posts
Likes Given: 184

Default

Then I'll buy a 1994 Dakota and a hammer so I can recreate mine
__________________
Ain't no party like a Libertarian party
Pabst Blue Ribbon Enthusiast
Well now a days it just dont pay to be a good ole boy
SRK97 is offline  
dango Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:47 AM   #1805
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
kfox75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Wrong side of the tracks, Erie PA,
Posts: 7,027
Liked 6643 Times on 3814 Posts
Likes Given: 32143

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas53 View Post
i'm not spending $50K plus for a new truck! not in this lifetime, and even if i won a $10 million dollar lottery, i would pay that much for a new truck.

but there are several old classic muscle cars i would pay a $100K plus for!
There's a block of automotive shows that come on every Sunday moring, on Spike, caller Power Nation, formerly, Power block. The truck centered show did one a few years back, in which they put the body, front clip, and bed, from a 1978 F 350 crew cab on to a 1997 Dodge Ram frame and running gear, with the old 12 valve Cummins TD in it. The one with mechanical injection.

here's the site. look under shows, anc check the past deasons for project super dually.

https://www.powernationtv.com/

If i was going to replace the k2500 at this point, and go newer, with a diesel, that's pretty much how i'd do it. i love the looks of the older trucks and cars, but i also like the ease of working on the newer pklatform, when it comes to diagnostics.

tyhat and i just can't justify the $100,000 price tag for the truck i would want, unless it was going to be a business expense, that was always moving, and making money for me. i recently priced a chasis cab to build a tow\haul flat bed unit, and it was close to $75,000 for what I would want, and I could buy 2 rental houses in Erie for that, including escrow and closing costs.
__________________
Guns don't kill people. Blood loss and organ failure do.

I may live in the North, but I still uphold the Southern Values I was raised with.

lifetime member. NAHC, NRA, And SCOPE NY

If it's a nice enough day to wash the bike, it's d@mn well also a nice enough day to be riding it instead.
kfox75 is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:03 AM   #1806
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Dallas53's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Piney Woods of Central East Texas
Posts: 5,376
Liked 6914 Times on 3784 Posts
Likes Given: 11824

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfox75 View Post
There's a block of automotive shows that come on every Sunday moring, on Spike, caller Power Nation, formerly, Power block. The truck centered show did one a few years back, in which they put the body, front clip, and bed, from a 1978 F 350 crew cab on to a 1997 Dodge Ram frame and running gear, with the old 12 valve Cummins TD in it. The one with mechanical injection.

here's the site. look under shows, anc check the past deasons for project super dually.

https://www.powernationtv.com/

If i was going to replace the k2500 at this point, and go newer, with a diesel, that's pretty much how i'd do it. i love the looks of the older trucks and cars, but i also like the ease of working on the newer pklatform, when it comes to diagnostics.

tyhat and i just can't justify the $100,000 price tag for the truck i would want, unless it was going to be a business expense, that was always moving, and making money for me. i recently priced a chasis cab to build a tow\haul flat bed unit, and it was close to $75,000 for what I would want, and I could buy 2 rental houses in Erie for that, including escrow and closing costs.
i do watch the programs occasionally on Sundays, and i remember the episodes where they built that truck! i thought it was way cool! that truck turned out beautifully.

i hear ya! new truck prices have gotten stupidly outrageous.
__________________
"Blue Lives Matter"
Following The Rule Of Law, Oppose Sanctuary Cities, And Those Who Support Them.
NRA Member and Supporter. Join The NRA Today!
"the hate which we all bear with the most Christian patience, is the hate of those who envy us."
Dallas53 is offline  
dango Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:53 AM   #1807
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
dango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 11,134
Liked 11199 Times on 5469 Posts
Likes Given: 42411

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK97 View Post
Then I'll buy a 1994 Dakota and a hammer so I can recreate mine
A hammer......? You going for that rode hard put away wet petina.....?
Beautiful .........
dango is offline  
Dallas53 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Daily Kaley monteros AR-15 Discussion 1 07-29-2013 07:54 PM
G30/G36 for Daily Carry vmkeith Glock Forum 12 11-02-2011 08:19 PM
World Net Daily Kelly J Politics, Religion and Controversy 3 11-29-2008 02:48 PM
What's your daily driver and why? FALPhil The Club House 21 08-04-2007 11:40 PM