You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Daily Devotional

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Yesterday, 12:12 PM   #1301
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 298 Times on 198 Posts
Likes Given: 157

Thank you Lord for this day.
Mosin Likes This 
Old Yesterday, 12:24 PM   #1302
Forum Chaplain

Liked 2698 Times on 1438 Posts
Likes Given: 1513

In the Battle of Waterloo, the French under the command of Napoleon were fighting the Allies (British, Dutch, and Germans) under the command of Wellington. The people of England depended on a system of semaphore signals to find out how the battle was going; they didn’t have TV or Radio in those eays. One of these signal stations was on the tower of Winchester Cathedral.
Late in the day it flashed the signal: "W-E-L-L-I-N-G-T-O-N---D-E-F-E-A-T-E-D- -." Just at that moment one of those sudden English fog clouds made it impossible to read the message. The news of defeat quickly spread throughout the city. The whole countryside was sad and gloomy when they heard the news that their country had lost the war. Suddenly the fog lifted, and the remainder of the message could be read. The message had four words, not two: "W-E-L-L-I-N-G-T-O-N- - -DE-F-E-A- T-E-D- - -T-H-E- - -E-N- E-M-Y!" Sorrow was turned into joy, defeat was turned into victory!

So it was when Jesus was laid in the tomb on the first Good Friday afternoon. Hope had died even in the hearts of Jesus' most loyal friends. After the frightful crucifixion, the fog of disappointment and misunderstanding had crept in on the friends of Jesus. They had "read" only part of the divine message. "Christ defeated" was all that they knew. But then on the third day--Easter Sunday--the fog of disappointment and misunderstanding lifted, and the world received the complete message: "Christ defeated death!" Defeat was turned into victory; death was turned to life!

As Christians, we can never loose the battle! There is only one possible way for us to be defeated, and that is if we desert. With Christ, and for Christ, victory is certain. We can loose the victory by flight but never by fight.

Romans 8:28 (KJV);
"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."

Christ told me to arm myself.
If you want me disarmed, Molon Labe!

Old Yesterday, 01:31 PM   #1303
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5456 Times on 3363 Posts

Thanks Terry for today's message.

Thank you Lord for sparing my life, I was almost crushed between two multi ton pieces of equipment. There must be a reason for me to stay mortal for a few more years.
Old Today, 10:45 AM   #1304
Forum Chaplain

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1 View Post
Thanks Terry for today's message.

Thank you Lord for sparing my life, I was almost crushed between two multi ton pieces of equipment. There must be a reason for me to stay mortal for a few more years.
I feel sure there is, indeed.
Stay open to it - -

Old Today, 10:50 AM   #1305
Forum Chaplain

Several years ago, we watched God's and Generals on TV. This is a GREAT movie. It re-emphasized for me how very little involved our country seems to be with God today compared to what it used to be. We have a politician now and then that is open about their belief and faith in God, but it is a rare thing indeed. At the time of the civil war, virtually ALL of the leaders, on both sides of that horrid war, were openly believers.
Several days after watching that movie, I learned this sad little tidbit of history that was not within the time frame of that picture. The last battle of the American Revolution was the Battle of Blue Licks, fought at the stream that bears that name. It was a battle that should never have been fought, for it was fought after the war was over! News traveled slowly in those days. Blue Licks is in Kentucky, and there was no means of quick communication over the Appalachian mountains. No one knew the war was over.

That bit of history has a Christian meaning too, because it is a fact that Jesus Christ won the victory over Satan at Calvary. But the lines of communication are slow to some people, and they continue to fight battle after battle when the victory is already theirs.

The Word of God tells us who does the fighting for us:

Deuteronomy 20:4 (KJV);
"For the LORD your God is he that goeth with you, to fight for you against your enemies, to save you."

Jesus tells us that he has overcome:

John 16:33 (KJV);
"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world."

We are told that the victory is ours:

1 Corinthians 15:54-57 (KJV);
"So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ."