Daddy's Rules for Dating - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Daddy's Rules for Dating

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2012, 04:04 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Kinda strict? On the fun parts? I agree with most of them but no happiness? and i would like to go inside, meet, and get to know her father.

Last edited by Soda; 02-17-2012 at 04:08 AM.

Old 02-17-2012, 04:34 AM   #12

Liked 5011 Times on 2430 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

I like it but...well here is Tackleberrys speach for his 16 year old daughters suitors...

Me: Young man, have you ever heard the term "accidental discharge"?
Suitor: Yes Sir
Me: There is no such thing as an accidental discharge. There are only intentional discharges and NEGLIGENT discharges.

Me: I see you drove your car here to pick up MY daughter so let ask you this. Have you ever heard the term car accident?
Me: Not once, in the entire history of the automobile has there EVER been a car accident. There are thousands of NEGLIGENT collisions every day BUT THERE ARE NO ACCIDENTS. Do you understand what I'm trying to tell you?
Me: That's good because I expect you to show me the courtesy of returning my daughter to me in the EXACT SAME CONDITION she left in. Now, is there any thing unclear regarding my expectations?
Suitor: No Sir

Terrific, you kids have fun. See you at 9:00 p.m.

Old 02-17-2012, 05:03 AM   #13
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 541 Times on 327 Posts

My worst fear I have when my girls start dating , is that they meet a boy that is like me when I was there age . And I will see it a mile away.

"I'm an A**hole"

Last edited by SSGSF; 02-17-2012 at 07:15 PM.

Old 02-17-2012, 05:18 AM   #14

Liked 10 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Nice post man most those will apply when my 8 year old daughter gets old enough to date (say in her 20's). I just hope she finds a guy who will respect her and treat her well. I've told her 200 times already if he hits u once he'll do it twice and he's not worth it, Plus you won't be able to find him Not looking forward to those days. One thing think everyone should rember is if u really disapprove don't tell her she can't see him it'll just drive it home more, just hope she realizes she deserves better

Old 02-17-2012, 05:20 AM   #15

Liked 12 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 4

The boy scout rank and badges line in the application isn't near long enough. LOL Eagle with two palms here.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using FirearmsTalk

Old 02-17-2012, 05:49 AM   #16

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

I did all those things. But I lost in the end. My daughter married and moved to Texas. And now my only grand children are Texans.

Old 02-17-2012, 06:19 AM   #17
Not Unsafe Act Compliant!
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2103 Times on 1292 Posts
Likes Given: 11850

I think I had to fill that one out in HS! Still waiting on a reply.

When it comes to my 15 year old stepdaughter I make it clear to the boy in question when I tell him, " You break her heart, I'll break your neck." She has only brought home one potential suiter that I had a problem with. The dumb sh!t tried staring me down in my own house. Needless to say, that did not go well for him. Three days later, she found out he was running around with her best friend behind her back, and in a VERY public manner ( in front of the other girl he was dating and 2 others he was trying to pick up as well as most of his friends) broke up with him while calmly letting everyone around him know what a piece of sh!t he was. Two weeks after that, his dad asked her why they broke up, she filled him in as well. Turns out he was into sime things that will not be mentioned here, that the church and the law may have a problem with. Last I heard, he will be off grounding sometime next year. I do hope he learned something from this.

She is learning, but I still try to watch out for her. She may be my stepdaughter by legal definition, but in my heart that "step" does not exist.

Si vis pacem para bellum.

There are two ways of doing something. Right and again.

If you can't be good, be great at it.

Old 02-17-2012, 06:24 AM   #18
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9080 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

I have two boys and I have been raising them to eliminate things that I did as a kid that I find to be undesirable, or more to the point of the thread what you who have daughters would find to be undesirable in a boy picking up your daughter for a date. I was not a bad kid by any real measure (no convictions, never been in jail) but I was no saint either. I have friends, good friends, who will tell my boys wild stories about when I was their age and I use those moments as teaching opportunities. I tell them (more often that I would like to) that I serve as a bad example sometimes, and more so when I was young.

Right now my boys are 14 and 16. They are more interested in fixing trucks, shooting, reloading, blacksmithing and that sort of thing then they are in girls at this point. That will change at some point but we are preparing for it. We homeschool so they are not exposed to the heavy peer pressure to "get laid" as other kids their age are (as I was). I think that peer pressure is absolutely the biggest danger insofar as teen sex is concerned. It was in my days as a teen and there ain't nothing new under the Sun today.

Old 02-17-2012, 07:22 AM   #19
Not Unsafe Act Compliant!
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2103 Times on 1292 Posts
Likes Given: 11850

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
I have two boys and I have been raising them to eliminate things that I did as a kid that I find to be undesirable, or more to the point of the thread what you who have daughters would find to be undesirable in a boy picking up your daughter for a date. I was not a bad kid by any real measure (no convictions, never been in jail) but I was no saint either. I have friends, good friends, who will tell my boys wild stories about when I was their age and I use those moments as teaching opportunities. I tell them (more often that I would like to) that I serve as a bad example sometimes, and more so when I was young.

Right now my boys are 14 and 16. They are more interested in fixing trucks, shooting, reloading, blacksmithing and that sort of thing then they are in girls at this point. That will change at some point but we are preparing for it. We homeschool so they are not exposed to the heavy peer pressure to "get laid" as other kids their age are (as I was). I think that peer pressure is absolutely the biggest danger insofar as teen sex is concerned. It was in my days as a teen and there ain't nothing new under the Sun today.
Peer pressure is one of the biggest problems we faced, and yes our chidren still face it today. All you can do is teach them right from wrong, and hope they chose the right path when the time comes.

My daughter, on many occasions, has asked me about some of the things I did when I was younger. I answer her honestly, and try to help her learn from my mistakes. So far she is on the right path, I just hope that she can stay on it, and that if she falls, her mother and I can still help her up and back on to the path. The biggest lesson to learn is that just because others are doing it and blindly following those before them, you following is not necessary. Think before you act, and weigh the risks against the rewards. If the risk is greater, choose a different path. I know,That really contadicts my signature.

Si vis pacem para bellum.

There are two ways of doing something. Right and again.

If you can't be good, be great at it.

Old 02-17-2012, 12:55 PM   #20

Liked 16 Times on 14 Posts

Im going to have to print me some of those.