Daddy's Rules for Dating - Page 11
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Daddy's Rules for Dating

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2012, 07:51 AM   #101
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
winds-of-change's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 23,914
Liked 7789 Times on 4677 Posts
Likes Given: 9782

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoobee View Post
I have a further theory about your theory. It is due to the growth hormones in dairy milk!
Well, that contributes to early puberty but it doesn't account for promiscuity.
__________________
Honor Student: School of Hard Knocks
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritatus
winds-of-change is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 04:40 PM   #102
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Detroit,mi
Posts: 3,042
Liked 1012 Times on 609 Posts
Likes Given: 222

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Do NOT expect her to get 'preggers'. Help her to NOT get pregnant. Is she on birth control? Please don't just shrug your shoulders and assume that is going to be her fate. Intervene for her and help her through this time. She doesn't really know what she is doing.

Please, help her get on birth control pills or the depo shot.
WOC,

There's a whole lot more to the story. I have ZERO influence on her at this point. She's destined to prove her indepence and control. Trust me when I say there is nothing I can do about it. Her b/f is struggling with their relationship, and I expect her to get preggers just so she can hang on to him. We have talked to his mother, who has actually been an enabler of our youngest and her stupid behavior, warning her to warn him of what we expect her to do. Like I said, there's a whole lot more involved.

WRT Depo, my oldest got that after she became active. She's an awful pill taker, so it made the most sense... unfortunately, she did not respond well to the shot. Not sure what will be her best solution. She's at least settled down a lot, and has a tendency to ... what was it called?... be a fur trader. I'd actually be much happier if she'd fall that way, her choices in "boys" is absolutely awful. It's like she's intentionally seeking the anti thesis of myself.

Those with young children, trust me when I tell you to eat them before they turn into teens!
__________________
partdeux is online now  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 04:43 PM   #103
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Detroit,mi
Posts: 3,042
Liked 1012 Times on 609 Posts
Likes Given: 222

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Well, that contributes to early puberty but it doesn't account for promiscuity.
could it be the earlier puberty and develops much faster, also impacts the need and want for relations?
__________________
partdeux is online now  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 04:46 PM   #104
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 323
Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Default

There's something in the water I tell you.

__________________
KalashnikovBlood is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 04:52 PM   #105
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
winds-of-change's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 23,914
Liked 7789 Times on 4677 Posts
Likes Given: 9782

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by partdeux View Post
WOC,

There's a whole lot more to the story. I have ZERO influence on her at this point. She's destined to prove her indepence and control. Trust me when I say there is nothing I can do about it. Her b/f is struggling with their relationship, and I expect her to get preggers just so she can hang on to him. We have talked to his mother, who has actually been an enabler of our youngest and her stupid behavior, warning her to warn him of what we expect her to do. Like I said, there's a whole lot more involved.

WRT Depo, my oldest got that after she became active. She's an awful pill taker, so it made the most sense... unfortunately, she did not respond well to the shot. Not sure what will be her best solution. She's at least settled down a lot, and has a tendency to ... what was it called?... be a fur trader. I'd actually be much happier if she'd fall that way, her choices in "boys" is absolutely awful. It's like she's intentionally seeking the anti thesis of myself.

Those with young children, trust me when I tell you to eat them before they turn into teens!
My daughter was a very difficult teen. I fought for her every step of the way and it was not easy. I would not give up on her even when it appeared she gave up on herself. I even called the police on her a time or two when I was at a loss as to what to do. We fought, we cried, we hated each other on occasion. She made some bad choices but in the end she grew up and is an incredible young lady now. She is not a quitter and her and I are very good friends. We spend at least a couple days a week with each other and we talk every single day. And she is a good Mother and I love my granddaughter to pieces.

One time I told her I was proud of her because she was a good Mother. She replied back, "Because I had a Mother that was a good example for me." I cried like a baby.........
__________________
Honor Student: School of Hard Knocks
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritatus
winds-of-change is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 05:49 PM   #106
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
tjacobson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Southern
Posts: 286
Liked 41 Times on 28 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoobee

Kid, all you did was prove my point that "teenaged kids want to date."

You can agree or disagree with anything else that you want but it is irrelevant.

Sure you are trying to say that the two of you are being good.

But teen dating is not accomplishing anything. Its just a big waste of time.
Guys/Girls,
I'm 38 and have a 5 year old daughter, 17 year old son and 12 year old son. The 5 year old daughter is living proof that we as adults make mistakes too and, that 99.9% is not 100%! But I don't know how I lived without my daughter now that I have her...
But to say that dating in high school is a waste of time is a little ridiculous! It's American... Yes there are kids that are not mature enough PERIOD. But as parents we control that. If the average kids date, is human... It prepares them for full adult life. Believe me, I will be very hard on all my kids dating... They have been raised to know how to treat girls, my daughter will know to say no... But they have/need to be teens and have dates. It's part of growing up and being a red blooded American kid! IMO
__________________
tjacobson is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:28 PM   #107
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Detroit,mi
Posts: 3,042
Liked 1012 Times on 609 Posts
Likes Given: 222

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
My daughter was a very difficult teen. I fought for her every step of the way and it was not easy. I would not give up on her even when it appeared she gave up on herself.
Oldest was a difficult teen. When we finally gave up trying to encourage her to do the right thing and let her experience the cruel ugly real world, she very quickly learned that mom and dad were doing the right things. We are in a much better place with her, and even helping to help her get into a house!

Youngest is a completely different story and I suspect it will be a long time before she figures it out, especially with her "enablers". She has spun some absolutely amazing and wild stories to rationalize her behaviors. She's actually very intelligent, maybe one of the most intelligent people I have ever met... seriously, if I had to put a number to it, in the 160 range. How somebody that smart can be that stupid just boggles my mind. Her biggest problem, mom is as smart, grandpa blows her away, and step dad (me) can at least see train wrecks from a long ways out. We see the complex spun web of lies and deceit that most people want to believe are true.
__________________
partdeux is online now  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:33 PM   #108
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Cinderocka1989's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Laradise
Posts: 6,587
Liked 3717 Times on 2061 Posts
Likes Given: 165

Default

I don't think dating in high school is a bad idea or a waste of time, it seems the problem is the perception of what dating is about. Dating is not about sex, dating is about having fun and getting to know other people. Of course I was raised Mormon and was taught that any of that was wrong and immoral until you're married....

__________________

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Cinderocka1989 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:36 PM   #109
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Bear304inc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,027
Liked 57 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by partdeux

Oldest was a difficult teen. When we finally gave up trying to encourage her to do the right thing and let her experience the cruel ugly real world, she very quickly learned that mom and dad were doing the right things. We are in a much better place with her, and even helping to help her get into a house!

Youngest is a completely different story and I suspect it will be a long time before she figures it out, especially with her "enablers". She has spun some absolutely amazing and wild stories to rationalize her behaviors. She's actually very intelligent, maybe one of the most intelligent people I have ever met... seriously, if I had to put a number to it, in the 160 range. How somebody that smart can be that stupid just boggles my mind. Her biggest problem, mom is as smart, grandpa blows her away, and step dad (me) can at least see train wrecks from a long ways out. We see the complex spun web of lies and deceit that most people want to believe are true.
how's it go, for every action there's a equal and opposite reaction? Always thought that applied to children to a certain extent.
__________________
Bear304inc is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:37 PM   #110
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Shoobee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Commiefornia USA
Posts: 1,552
Liked 205 Times on 155 Posts
Likes Given: 109

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjacobson View Post
Guys/Girls,
I'm 38 and have a 5 year old daughter, 17 year old son and 12 year old son. The 5 year old daughter is living proof that we as adults make mistakes too and, that 99.9% is not 100%! But I don't know how I lived without my daughter now that I have her...
But to say that dating in high school is a waste of time is a little ridiculous! It's American... Yes there are kids that are not mature enough PERIOD. But as parents we control that. If the average kids date, is human... It prepares them for full adult life. Believe me, I will be very hard on all my kids dating... They have been raised to know how to treat girls, my daughter will know to say no... But they have/need to be teens and have dates. It's part of growing up and being a red blooded American kid! IMO
If I had life to do all over again, I would not have bothered to start dating until after grad school.

Instead of wasting time dating, I would have gotten better grades, learned more languages, and split my time more between athletics and academics, not so much one or the other.
__________________
Shoobee is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Dating a Stevens .22 blazinsun69 .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion 3 06-05-2011 07:21 PM
online dating opaww The Club House 7 07-18-2009 02:25 PM
S/N Dating SteamGunWilly General Handgun Discussion 1 10-11-2007 10:38 PM