Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > currently airing shows that suck

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2011, 04:19 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
We happen to enjoy Tosh.0 - and he is the highest rated show on Comedy Central that isn't a fake news broadcast.

I enjoy Pawn Stars for the history as well. I have learned a ton from watching that show. So it's always on the DVR.

I watched a few episodes of Mail Call, and I like the Gunny, but that show fell into the same problem that Future Weapons ran into. There is only so much you can tell people about a weapon system or a vehicle. Unless they can play with it, or drive it, shoot it or take it apart themselves, it kind of just becomes "And here is product X, this is what it does, here's me shooting/triggering/driving/testing it" Ta Dah!!

Anything having to do with Trucking / Logging or Baking is a complete waste of my life. Sorry.

I know how to drive a truck, I choose not to do it in stupid conditions and risk my life.

I know how to fall a tree properly, I don't need to see people trying to race their way through a stand of trees to be first to market and endanger the lives of their crew in the process.

Top Everything (Chef, Cake Maker, Resturant, Shot, Model, Bachelor/Bachelorette, Singer, Dancer, Comedian ) can suck it. They ALL make me want to scratch an itch in the back of my mouth with the barrel of a loaded shotgun.

Honest to God there are very few "good' shows on anymore, which is why we find ourselves going back through Amazon and Netflix finding old series that rated high and watching them instead.

Currently loving: The Wire; Dirty Sexy Money; Reaper (which is campy fun ) and shows on Showtime like Dexter.

Other than Justified & Chicago Code (which won't last) I can't think of anything that is recording "new" nightly that I care about.

When are Burn Notice, Leverage and Marshall Marshal coming back?
All "Quoted for Truth!" especially Tosh.0, and Burn Notice is already on with new episodes.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 03-23-2011, 04:22 PM   #22

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3471 Times on 1606 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGETEVEN View Post
All "Quoted for Truth!" especially Tosh.0, and Burn Notice is already on with new episodes.
Burn Notice is back??? Really? I am SOOOO going to whoop my DVR's ass when I get home. Luckily I have instant view so I can catch up. LOVE me some Fiona Glenanne.

Old 03-23-2011, 04:28 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 887 Times on 528 Posts
Likes Given: 289

We need some confirmation here!

Wiki is telling me that the new episode which is actually a prequel called "Burn Notice: The fall of Sam Axe" is set to air April 17, 2011. It also says season 5 is set to air "Summer 2011".

I'll be pissed if I missed something new already.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 03-23-2011, 05:36 PM   #24

Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunus View Post
We need some confirmation here!

Wiki is telling me that the new episode which is actually a prequel called "Burn Notice: The fall of Sam Axe" is set to air April 17, 2011. It also says season 5 is set to air "Summer 2011".

I'll be pissed if I missed something new already.
Your right, my bad! After further inspection it appears I misread, I am catching up, and they are all new to me.

I will go sit in the corner now.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 03-23-2011, 06:23 PM   #25
Deader Bears=Better Bears
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5622 Times on 3304 Posts
Likes Given: 4713

Tosh.0 is hilarious. You should send him a funny complaining video.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.
GANDER MOUNTAIN OF HATTIESBURG, MS IS OVERPRICED, HAS LOUSY CUSTOMER SERVICE, & SELLS BEAT UP PISTOLS TO LITTLE OLD LADIES AS "NEW". :p

Old 03-23-2011, 06:31 PM   #26

Liked 39 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 137

Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
Most currently airing shows suck. I get about 65 channels and most of the time there's nothing worth watching. Fortunately it's almost baseball season.
Padres baby

Greg

“The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget.”

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupid"

Old 03-23-2011, 06:40 PM   #27

Liked 30 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Tosh.0 is just plain dumb! Doesn't have the character of a good TV show, more like unscripted JackAss, the TV show.

I watched The Mentalist a couple of times. Wife likes it, and there are some good mysteries and twists in the plot.

Can't wait for Burn Notice!

People get the government they deserve.

Old 03-23-2011, 07:04 PM   #28

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

I recently got all 3 seasons of Deadwood on a thumb drive and that's what I've been watching lately. Never saw it while it ran so now seems like a good time. (I have a digital media player that plugs into the HDMI on my TV - great $50 purchase!!!)

Like everybody else, I agree that 99% of shows suck really bad. If a show does not suck and I enjoy it - it will be canceled. I really enjoyed the AMC series Rubicon, very cerebral and engaging. It didn't attract the masses so it was not renewed...

Old 03-23-2011, 09:26 PM   #29
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 687 Times on 384 Posts
Likes Given: 729

I like Tosh.0 it's one of the only shoes I watch regularly.

I also like The Soup, heck even We Soup has it's moments.

I guess I just like clip shows?

Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.

Old 03-24-2011, 12:43 AM   #30

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

My dvr consists of:
Tosh.0
Heavy
Intervention
Undercover Boss
Top Shot
Sons of guns
Man vs. wild
The soup

I'm totally canceling my cable april 1 though.

I saw that people were worried, so I said to them and to their leaders and officials, "Don't be afraid of our enemies. Remember how great and terrifying the Lord is, and fight for your relatives, your children, your wives, and your homes." - Nehemiah 4:14
You are 8 times more likely to be killed by a police officer than by a terrorist.