Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > currently airing shows that suck

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2011, 01:47 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Most of what's on Comedy Central anymore is total crap. So yeah, Tosh 2.0 fits that just fine. I really do think History channel has moved away from their defining genre a little. While I"ll agree that loggers have a great deal to do with our history the ones in the show are no more than a flannel shirt soap opera. Pawn Stars while very entertaining misses the mark too. I wont even go into surviv..errmm...I mean Top Shot. I think all this is THC's way of getting away from the almost constant barrage of Hitler and WWII shows. They all still on the History international. AS a whole HI has become more of a real history channel leaving the other wide open for more programs that are not rooted in history or at the least rooted in a very loose sand.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 03-23-2011, 03:07 PM   #12

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3471 Times on 1606 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

We happen to enjoy Tosh.0 - and he is the highest rated show on Comedy Central that isn't a fake news broadcast.

I enjoy Pawn Stars for the history as well. I have learned a ton from watching that show. So it's always on the DVR.

I watched a few episodes of Mail Call, and I like the Gunny, but that show fell into the same problem that Future Weapons ran into. There is only so much you can tell people about a weapon system or a vehicle. Unless they can play with it, or drive it, shoot it or take it apart themselves, it kind of just becomes "And here is product X, this is what it does, here's me shooting/triggering/driving/testing it" Ta Dah!!

Anything having to do with Trucking / Logging or Baking is a complete waste of my life. Sorry.

I know how to drive a truck, I choose not to do it in stupid conditions and risk my life.

I know how to fall a tree properly, I don't need to see people trying to race their way through a stand of trees to be first to market and endanger the lives of their crew in the process.

Top Everything (Chef, Cake Maker, Resturant, Shot, Model, Bachelor/Bachelorette, Singer, Dancer, Comedian ) can suck it. They ALL make me want to scratch an itch in the back of my mouth with the barrel of a loaded shotgun.

Honest to God there are very few "good' shows on anymore, which is why we find ourselves going back through Amazon and Netflix finding old series that rated high and watching them instead.

Currently loving: The Wire; Dirty Sexy Money; Reaper (which is campy fun ) and shows on Showtime like Dexter.

Other than Justified & Chicago Code (which won't last) I can't think of anything that is recording "new" nightly that I care about.

When are Burn Notice, Leverage and Marshall Marshal coming back?

Old 03-23-2011, 03:12 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 22 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Never realled watched tosh.0 but it doesn't seem to be a show i would enjoy watching.

I also can't stand jersey shore but thats just my opinion.

Old 03-23-2011, 03:13 PM   #14

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

I'm in netflix more than the "regular TV" a lot anymore. I hoo my laptop to my TV with a HDMI cable and away I go.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 03-23-2011, 03:16 PM   #15

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 5

"The Wire" One of my favorite shows ever. But yes as a whole TV sucks BAD

Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun, You might meet'm both if you show up here not welcome son...

Old 03-23-2011, 03:17 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2176 Times on 1120 Posts
Likes Given: 188

I actually liked LTCG's show more than I thought I would. It sort of reminds me of Dirty Jobs without all the animal poo.
Top Shot doesn't really belong on History Channel. I not going to complain though. Anything that puts firearms and shooting in a positive light is good. Plus I always pay close attention when the expert coaching goes on. I might actually learn something. The announcer guy is starting to wear a bit thin though.
Tosh.0 is pretty annoying, but what do you expect, it's on Comedy Central. Annoying is their mission.

NRA Life Member

"Why can't I just eat my waffle?" B. H. Obama. (Sort of representative of his whole tenure, when you think about it.)

Old 03-23-2011, 03:17 PM   #17

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I use my Netflix almost exclusively since I don't really keep hours that allow me to watch television (and I have basic cable for the same reason). Being a musician does have its down points.

However, I started watching The Walking Dead (thank you Netflix) and Spartacus: Blood and Sand. Zombies, and then gladiators and boobs....what more can a man need?

Old 03-23-2011, 03:21 PM   #18

Liked 109 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I'm tired of all the CSI, Law and Order type shows. They've beaten those to death. And I agree with most that all the reality shows have exceeded their usefulness (if they had any at all).

"As an American, I was not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials"...Newt Gingrich

The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Old 03-23-2011, 03:52 PM   #19

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Most currently airing shows suck. I get about 65 channels and most of the time there's nothing worth watching. Fortunately it's almost baseball season.

Old 03-23-2011, 04:13 PM   #20

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3471 Times on 1606 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
Fortunately it's almost baseball season.
Yeah and the Yanks have been getting TATTOO'D.