Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Current Ammo Pricing at Cheaper then Dirt (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/current-ammo-pricing-cheaper-then-dirt-88403/)

Daoust_Nat 04-08-2013 02:31 AM

Current Ammo Pricing at Cheaper then Dirt

I was out on the net today looking around to see if there was any 9 mm out there. I went on Brownell's. Midway and a couple others to see what was there.

Cheaper then Dirt had some 9 mm. They had 50 round boxes of Tul Ammo. The steel jacketed rounds. They wanted $69.59 for a box of 50. I bought some two weeks ago at Wal Mart for $9.97 for a box of 50.

If that is not price gouging, I don't know what is.

off duty 04-08-2013 03:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daoust_Nat (Post 1206965)
I was out on the net today looking around to see if there was any 9 mm out there. I went on Brownell's. Midway and a couple others to see what was there.

Cheaper then Dirt had some 9 mm. They had 50 round boxes of Tul Ammo. The steel jacketed rounds. They wanted $69.59 for a box of 50. I bought some two weeks ago at Wal Mart for $9.97 for a box of 50.

If that is not price gouging, I don't know what is.

They pulled the same thing during the '08 election. "LOWER THAN DIRT"
ON MY BLACKLIST.

robocop10mm 04-08-2013 05:55 AM

Up to their same old tricks. They have got to be one of the most unscrupulous retailers EVER!

PanBaccha 04-08-2013 02:31 PM

Cheaper-Than-Dirt, a business I once did lots of transaction with, will no longer see a dime from me. What they have done and still are doing during critical times for us will come back to haunt them (financially)!!!

trip286 04-08-2013 02:40 PM

Don't we have somewhere in the neighborhood of 6 CTD bashing threads? I agree, and I think we all pretty much hate the bastards, but do we really need a new thread everytime someone gets mad at them?

StainlessSteel215 04-08-2013 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trip286 (Post 1207168)
Don't we have somewhere in the neighborhood of 6 CTD bashing threads? I agree, and I think we all pretty much hate the bastards, but do we really need a new thread everytime someone gets mad at them?

^ Exactly. I started one of them a week ago I think.

THEY ARE LOWER THAN DIRT. I ripped their management a new one in a email, and they actually responded. Told them dont ever ship a catalogue to my door again

steadyshot 04-08-2013 03:32 PM

Cheaper Than Dirt ripping people off? Oh please, say it ain't so......:p

AR10 04-08-2013 04:07 PM

I have money in my pocket, do you guys? Good, money is a good thing. Great prices on stuff, like ammo, at a Wal-Mart price helps keep the pockets full of cash. We all agree on that.

However.......

Sometimes, you just have to have something, screw the price. On the day you HAVE TO GET 9mm ammo, or 10mm ammo, would you waste your time at Wal-Mart? It would most likely be a waste of time.

Retailers with stock, because they are not giving it away, have a place, and some of us realize that.

Sure, shop low if you can, but for the times you just have to have something, thank goodness there are other retailers that cater to the that need.

I use ammoseek and CTD is usually close to the top of the search for 10mm and sometimes the best price.

You CTD haters are in need of a stiff drink. Lol

trip286 04-08-2013 04:15 PM

And if you think CTD has anything even approaching a somewhat reasonable price, even in comparison to others, you need a good stiff kick in your ass. It's called "putting down the remote and getting off the couch".

StainlessSteel215 04-08-2013 05:20 PM

^ Ditto. Nuff said.