Curing Jumpiness - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Curing Jumpiness

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2008, 01:24 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

My idea isn't just to enjoy: I definitely want to be proficient with whatever pistol I decide to carry for personal defense.

Just isn't moving fast enough for me, but I'm a loner. I don't have any shooting friends or know anyone in the craft, so I am reliant on counter guys and lots of internet reading.

It's encouraging to know I can get over the uneasiness. Eventually, I'd like to be able to recognize the sounds of different calibers from different weapons (if that's possible). What I mean is that I want to be that "into" things that I have that much experience and confidence.

Old 04-14-2008, 03:45 AM   #12

Just an idea but I know it has worked in several different situations as I use it myself when my shooting gets sloppy. Get a .22 cal rifle and shoot with it for a few sessions. Maybe several of your friends can just have a .22 day at the range. .22 cal rifles and handguns offer good practice. You can learn gun control,trigger control, and even learn to get use to the noise of other guns going off near by. I wouldn't be too concerned as even us old veterans will jump when some guy shoots a big bore near us. You just need more time at the range. Good luck and be safe. All guns are loaded, always.

Old 04-14-2008, 04:36 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixthTry View Post
My idea isn't just to enjoy: I definitely want to be proficient with whatever pistol I decide to carry for personal defense.

Just isn't moving fast enough for me, but I'm a loner. I don't have any shooting friends or know anyone in the craft, so I am reliant on counter guys and lots of internet reading.

It's encouraging to know I can get over the uneasiness. Eventually, I'd like to be able to recognize the sounds of different calibers from different weapons (if that's possible). What I mean is that I want to be that "into" things that I have that much experience and confidence.
well who are we than we all are here to help you and we all are your friends so if you want to shoot lets go
and if you dont jump when you shoot its all good

Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress....
But then I repeat myself.
-Mark Twain

Old 04-14-2008, 10:25 PM   #14

Liked 320 Times on 185 Posts
Likes Given: 354

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnoll View Post
shooting is some thing every one can enjoy
i mean my kids love it they have there own gunz and love to go out with dad after they go out a few times they get over there jumpiness

Sorry if I read inadequacies in SixthTrys post.

Last edited by HankStone; 04-15-2008 at 12:35 AM.

Old 04-15-2008, 12:44 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by HankStone View Post
Sorry if I read inadequacies in SixthTrys post.
i think that one needs to be directed at the other dude

Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress....
But then I repeat myself.
-Mark Twain

Old 04-15-2008, 03:35 PM   #16

Liked 320 Times on 185 Posts
Likes Given: 354

10-4 gnoll,Now I'm sorry I even responded at all to SixthTry's post.

Old 04-18-2008, 08:23 AM   #17

Default Hearing Protection

It is possible that you need a better pair of hearing protection maybe some of the electronic ones. You could have extra sensitive hearing which could cause this problem. Just a thought. Does thunder cause this same problem?

Old 04-19-2008, 01:00 AM   #18

Thunder and other such noises don't bother me...used to when I was a kid, but I grew out of that

Loud engines (no exhaust, straight headers, backfiring) used to be the same...got over that as well

Probably need more experience and I'll be OK.