The Criminalization of Christianity - Page 3

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > The Criminalization of Christianity

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2009, 06:09 PM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineffable View Post
If Islam is indeed righteous, Christianity is not. Jesus said that "no one comes to the Father except through me". That is either true, or it isn't.

They believe Jesus was a lesser prophet, but this makes no sense if Jesus claims to be God incarnate. Is Jesus just the insane prophet who's sometimes right, but other times insane?

All religion is faith based. Christianity believes in one God as well. What do you think the trinity is? Three different gods?
Stop it, you're making sense to all but the "Christians". If you notice, they're doing what they do in every argument they get into.

1.) Quote scripture.
2.) If scripture is countered with scripture or logic, launch smear tactics.

I'm not religious nor do I pretend to be. All religions have sound moral teachings. I choose to live my life in a manner consistent with most of these teachings. I do it because that is the right thing to do, rather than having to do it is someone's name under the threat of hellfire and damnation.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Last edited by matt g; 03-12-2009 at 06:11 PM.

Old 03-12-2009, 06:13 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Please know that I am not trying to be contentious. I also agree with most of what you are saying. I am just attempting to help you be MORE right I also get that your problems is not with anyone's particular faith, just those who practice it to idiotic proportions. This is actually a daily fight with me. I fight more with "Cultural Christians" than anybody else. Cultural Christians are those who grew up attending church and they think that they are all Jes-a-fied and know know all there is to know about Christianity. These are the murderers, book burners, and overall detestable punks that most of us take issue with. It is sadly those that people call "the Christians". They are not.

I'm far too busy fighting MY assclowns to be worrying about the other ones. I hate looking like a fool because of them. Jesus is a way cool righteous dude and I think even he's embarrassed. But since he doesn't hate homosexuals, Muslims and women who terminate their children, I won't either. Can ya feel my groove?
X-tains is the trendy term for them out here in Cali.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Old 03-12-2009, 06:13 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr1911 View Post
Mr Kimber is dead on, people like Matt might just find themselves without the right to reject religion one day, because of laws being passed limiting people's rights to practice the religion of their choice,....very foolish near sighted stance to have.

P.S. Matt, you're signature statement is working against you,........
Have you even read the resolution?

P.S. why do all "Christians" launch personal attacks when their arguments fail to persuade.

Roger Waters

Old 03-12-2009, 06:15 PM   #24

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Ineffable you missed my point, righteousness has no place in Christianity, only God is righteous.

The Trinity is indeed Three, although, One, that is the mystery I base my faith upon. It is evident that there is a God, I see His miracles everyday, that is tangible, the Trinity is not, that is faith.

Old 03-12-2009, 06:34 PM   #25

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
But since he doesn't hate homosexuals, Muslims and women who terminate their children, I won't either. Can ya feel my groove?
I can totally understand, and respect, your groove thang my brother. My point is merely this:

ISLAM = BAD FOR EVERYONE NOT THE SAME ISLAMIC FAITH AS THE ATTACKING ISLAMICS OF THE MOMENT!!

And to everyone who thinks that there is appeasement, or common ground with these folks, I have this to say:

Don't come crying to me when your friend, cousin, sister, neighbor, whomever, went someplace they were supposed too, got taken and got their head cut off on a video on Al Jazerra.

I Hope, ANY GOD, knows that I would GLADLY do something about it if I was able - but if you let the wolf in the door, don't expect him to suddenly find the same damn table manners as the rest of your guests...

Pray to a Coke bottle. Pray to Jesus. Pray to The One True God. Pray to John Browning if you wish. Have at it.

Just don't take that person's "thoughts, teachings, writings" and try to oppress and kill me and mine. That is all I am saying...

Last edited by Dillinger; 03-12-2009 at 06:39 PM.

Old 03-12-2009, 06:37 PM   #26

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter Joe View Post
Ineffable you missed my point, righteousness has no place in Christianity, only God is righteous.
I think our disagreement lies within interpretation. "Righteous" means being right or being correct. Anyone can be righteous, and Christians ESPECIALLY need to be righteous. However, only God can be ALWAYS righteous.

Quote:
The Trinity is indeed Three, although, One, that is the mystery I base my faith upon. It is evident that there is a God, I see His miracles everyday, that is tangible, the Trinity is not, that is faith.
The trinity is not "faith". The trinity simply refers to the three persons of God. All three are "tangible" as you put it. You see the creation and recognize God the father/creator. Jesus is God as a human being. Tangible evidence of him is in the bible and in history. No one denies that Jesus walked the earth 2k years ago. The Holy Spirit is no less tangible in that He speaks to your heart in regards to people. Whenever you feel charitable or merciful or forgiving, that is the Spirit speaking to you. They are all equally tangible. It's not just believing in something you cannot know or experience. God asks for faith, not BLIND faith.

Old 03-12-2009, 06:43 PM   #27

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt g View Post
Stop it, you're making sense to all but the "Christians". If you notice, they're doing what they do in every argument they get into.

1.) Quote scripture.

I'm not religious nor do I pretend to be. All religions have sound moral teachings. I choose to live my life in a manner consistent with most of these teachings. I do it because that is the right thing to do, rather than having to do it is someone's name under the threat of hellfire and damnation.
Good on you! And yes, you see this is why I contend more with my so-called brothers.

The single greatest cause of atheism is Christians who acknowledge God with their lips and deny him by their lifestyles. it's hypocrisy and you are right to hate it.

Old 03-12-2009, 11:00 PM   #28

Quote:
Islam is a righteous religion. Muslims believe in one God (Ala), they believe in the Mother Mary, and they believe in Jesus along with Mohammad as prophets. Their hang-up with Christianity is the Trinity. In Islam's view, if you believe in the Trinity your are a pagan. It is all black and white with Islam, one God, whereas, Christianity is faith based, because of the Trinity.
I'm not going to go into this in depth, but you have many of your facts confused, it's way to complicated to go into at depth on this forum, but rest assured I would recomend re-examining your understanding of the Muslim religion from a different source.

Old 03-12-2009, 11:09 PM   #29

"Stop it, you're making sense to all but the "Christians". If you notice, they're doing what they do in every argument they get into."

1.) Quote scripture.

Funny, I haven't noticed a single scripture quoted here....

Seams like the only smear tactics being used are yours when confronted with logic.

If you hate God for whatever reason you should be thankfull for the religious fools that fought and died to establish a country where you can proudly do that as an act of your God given free will.

Last edited by mr1911; 03-12-2009 at 11:11 PM.

Old 03-13-2009, 12:09 AM   #30

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

I'm thinking this topic is going down the wrong path........

Maybe we should all agree to disagree and move on to better things.