The Criminalization of Christianity - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

The Criminalization of Christianity

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2009, 12:34 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Most people are ignorant about Christianity. Especially "Christians". Don't mistake being a Christian (follower of Christ) for being religious (member of an order). The two are mutually exclusive. A true Christian should never describe himself as religious. It doesn't mean they shouldn't minister to hurting pregnant mothers, or reach out to homosexuals. A practicing Christian should not condemn anyone. Sadly, this has not been the experience of most people's interaction. There are a few, however, who are working to change that perception and to condemn our past failings.

Old 03-12-2009, 12:36 PM   #12

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Here's a question:

Why can't I speak out against Islam? Islam has been speaking out against and punishing other religions without consequence for a long time.

Old 03-12-2009, 01:04 PM   #13

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineffable View Post
Most people are ignorant about Christianity. Especially "Christians". Don't mistake being a Christian (follower of Christ) for being religious (member of an order). The two are mutually exclusive. A true Christian should never describe himself as religious. It doesn't mean they shouldn't minister to hurting pregnant mothers, or reach out to homosexuals. A practicing Christian should not condemn anyone. Sadly, this has not been the experience of most people's interaction. There are a few, however, who are working to change that perception and to condemn our past failings.
That's exactly right!!! I'm not religious, I'm a christian.

Old 03-12-2009, 02:32 PM   #14

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Islam is a righteous religion. Muslims believe in one God (Ala), they believe in the Mother Mary, and they believe in Jesus along with Mohammad as prophets. Their hang-up with Christianity is the Trinity. In Islam's view, if you believe in the Trinity your are a pagan. It is all black and white with Islam, one God, whereas, Christianity is faith based, because of the Trinity.

Yes the Crusade were organized terrorism. It is alright in God's eyes to protect your family and your country, but let God do God's work. This is where Islam misses the bus. You can't go to war in God's name, He doesn't need our help.

I signed the petition. I believe that our faith-based religion will keep us strong. Without it, I don't want to take that chance.

Old 03-12-2009, 03:26 PM   #15

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter Joe View Post
Islam is a righteous religion.
If Islam is indeed righteous, Christianity is not. Jesus said that "no one comes to the Father except through me". That is either true, or it isn't.

Quote:
Muslims believe in one God (Ala), they believe in the Mother Mary, and they believe in Jesus along with Mohammad as prophets.
They believe Jesus was a lesser prophet, but this makes no sense if Jesus claims to be God incarnate. Is Jesus just the insane prophet who's sometimes right, but other times insane?

Quote:
It is all black and white with Islam, one God, whereas, Christianity is faith based, because of the Trinity.
All religion is faith based. Christianity believes in one God as well. What do you think the trinity is? Three different gods?

Old 03-12-2009, 03:35 PM   #16

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3486 Times on 1612 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT-MILLER View Post
Here's a question:

Why can't I speak out against Islam? Islam has been speaking out against and punishing other religions without consequence for a long time.

And that is what I want to know as well. Why can they put out a Jihad on an author - in fact calling for his Death and that be "okay"??

Why can they threaten to kill journalists and editors of newspapers for printing a cartoon depiction of a "God" they have no proof existed and that be "okay"??

All religion is responsible for wrong doings in their past. More blood has been spilled in the name of "X Person of Utmost Power / Faith /Whatever " than there is tea in China.

The key problem with Islam is that they haven't evolved and they still believe that killing everyone who isn't THEIR version of Islam is okay, and the general public is okay with that....

JD

Old 03-12-2009, 03:37 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1176 Times on 511 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I signed the petition. I am a Christian and a proud Infidel.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 03-12-2009, 03:43 PM   #18

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
All religion is responsible for wrong doings in their past. More blood has been spilled in the name of "X Person of Utmost Power / Faith /Whatever " than there is tea in China.
JD
People love to say that, but it isn't true. There have been far more deaths due to atheism. See China, the U.S.S.R., Vietnam, Cambodia etc. It does not lessen the grotesque fact that people have murdered for their religion. Christianity(as a practice) at least acknowledges it as "wrong" even if it wasn't adhered to.

Sorry, I didn't mean to diminish your rant. You are right and true about your right to bash Islam being thwarted. It's still cool to bash us Christians though. Because we just plain suck

Old 03-12-2009, 03:56 PM   #19

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3486 Times on 1612 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineffable View Post
People love to say that, but it isn't true. There have been far more deaths due to atheism. See China, the U.S.S.R., Vietnam, Cambodia etc. It does not lessen the grotesque fact that people have murdered for their religion. Christianity(as a practice) at least acknowledges it as "wrong" even if it wasn't adhered to.

Sorry, I didn't mean to diminish your rant. You are right and true about your right to bash Islam being thwarted. It's still cool to bash us Christians though. Because we just plain suck
I am not bashing anyone of the recognized religions at all, I AM bashing the hell out of Society as a Whole AND Islam because I think the two are moronic.

Fact: The Crusades Happened and People Died
Fact: Christians went to the ends of the Earth, preaching their version, and people died.
Fact: Tibetan Monks killed themselves in protests.

All of the modern religions, for the most part, have at least admitted they might have, kind of, maybe sort of, did some stuff that wasn't the best judgement in the past. Whatever.

Yes, Communism killed people too. As did the Plague. As did the Nazis. But there were societal factors in ALL THOSE DEATHS that were surrounded in "Religion" - or some bastardized version there of

And, if you look at what I said:
Quote:
I was including the likes of Stalin and Hitler and Pol Pot and any other yay who that was in charge and didn't like people NOT believing what THEY believed.

I have no problem with Christians. I don't really have any problems with Catholics, my sister is a converted Roman Catholic and I have 8 Neices and Nephews. I don't have any problems with Buddhists.

I DO have a problem with the Churches behind the religions - but it's minor ( and a lot of it has to do with asking for money of the poor when you have plenty of it already ) , except for the Catholic Church who I feel has some 'splaining to do...

But ISLAM is where I draw the God Damn Line. I got a HUGE Effing problem with that "religion" and I have a BIGGER problem with people that seem to think this "religion" is harmless and in no way a threat....

Old 03-12-2009, 04:22 PM   #20

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
I am not bashing anyone of the recognized religions at all, I AM bashing the hell out of Society as a Whole AND Islam because I think the two are moronic.

Fact: The Crusades Happened and People Died
Fact: Christians went to the ends of the Earth, preaching their version, and people died.
Fact: Tibetan Monks killed themselves in protests.

All of the modern religions, for the most part, have at least admitted they might have, kind of, maybe sort of, did some stuff that wasn't the best judgement in the past. Whatever.

Yes, Communism killed people too. As did the Plague. As did the Nazis. But there were societal factors in ALL THOSE DEATHS that were surrounded in "Religion" - or some bastardized version there of

And, if you look at what I said:

I was including the likes of Stalin and Hitler and Pol Pot and any other yay who that was in charge and didn't like people NOT believing what THEY believed.

I have no problem with Christians. I don't really have any problems with Catholics, my sister is a converted Roman Catholic and I have 8 Neices and Nephews. I don't have any problems with Buddhists.

I DO have a problem with the Churches behind the religions - but it's minor ( and a lot of it has to do with asking for money of the poor when you have plenty of it already ) , except for the Catholic Church who I feel has some 'splaining to do...

But ISLAM is where I draw the God Damn Line. I got a HUGE Effing problem with that "religion" and I have a BIGGER problem with people that seem to think this "religion" is harmless and in no way a threat....
Please know that I am not trying to be contentious. I also agree with most of what you are saying. I am just attempting to help you be MORE right I also get that your problems is not with anyone's particular faith, just those who practice it to idiotic proportions. This is actually a daily fight with me. I fight more with "Cultural Christians" than anybody else. Cultural Christians are those who grew up attending church and they think that they are all Jes-a-fied and know know all there is to know about Christianity. These are the murderers, book burners, and overall detestable punks that most of us take issue with. It is sadly those that people call "the Christians". They are not.

I'm far too busy fighting MY assclowns to be worrying about the other ones. I hate looking like a fool because of them. Jesus is a way cool righteous dude and I think even he's embarrassed. But since he doesn't hate homosexuals, Muslims and women who terminate their children, I won't either. Can ya feel my groove?