The Criminalization of Christianity
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > The Criminalization of Christianity

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2009, 09:28 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default The Criminalization of Christianity

Below is a part of an article from the ACLJ website. If you call yourself a Christian, I ask that you sign the petition on their website.

You can read the rest of the article, and sign the petition at This Link

Thank you,
Jesse

The Criminalization of Christianity
DEFEAT THE “DEFAMATION OF RELIGIONS” RESOLUTION IMMEDIATELY

Today, Christians around the world face more danger than ever before because of their religious beliefs. Now, the latest push by the Organization of the Islamic Conference at the U.N. to criminalize Christianity has a deadly new twist. A move is reportedly underway to make the anti-Christian measure, “Combating Defamation of Religions,” BINDING — MANDATORY — for member nations, including America. It would criminalize proclamation of the Gospel around the globe. Speaking out against Islam, for example, would be an international crime.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
G.O.A. LIFETIME MEMBER!
Sole owner of Random Thought # 5,000

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-11-2009, 09:31 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

That's an interesting spin.

Christianity has persecuted anyone who isn't Christian for a couple thousand years. Millions have died and been tortured because they were heathen. Now, a measure has been passed to defend the rights of the persecuted and Christian groups are in an uproar over it?

In all Honesty, Jesse, I wouldn't worry about having to convert to Islam just yet.

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 03-11-2009, 11:24 PM   #3

Christianity never persecuted anyone. Corrupt jackasses in the Catholic church did that, and they did so, in direct conflict with Jesus' teaching.

Jesus taught us not to pass judgment on others, and to forgive those who wrong us. Anyone doing the opposite of these things, and still claiming to be acting in the name of Christ, is a liar and a fraud.

Speaking of islam, the throat-cutters and murderers do what they do in adherence to what Mohammed said, and follow in his very footsteps.

Jesse17, never forget that Jesus said, "Ye will be hated by all men for my name's sake."
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”

Old 03-11-2009, 11:33 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPond View Post
Christianity never persecuted anyone. Corrupt jackasses in the Catholic church did that, and they did so, in direct conflict with Jesus' teaching.

Jesus taught us not to pass judgment on others, and to forgive those who wrong us. Anyone doing the opposite of these things, and still claiming to be acting in the name of Christ, is a liar and a fraud.

Speaking of islam, the throat-cutters and murderers do what they do in adherence to what Mohammed said, and follow in his very footsteps.

Jesse17, never forget that Jesus said, "Ye will be hated by all men for my name's sake."
Don't forget, he also said "Love thy neighbor," "Resist not evil," "Turn the other cheek," and "Judge not, lest ye be judged"?

I suppose that doesn't apply to queers and baby killers though, does it?

Just as many bad things happen, every day, in the name of Christ as happen in the name of Islam. Right now, we're "blessed" with having the hate of Islam being semi-politically correct.

When was the last time you read Sermon on the Mount (Matthew 5-7)? Do you live it? No need to tell me that you do, it's a rhetorical question. Only you and your savior know for sure.

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Last edited by matt g; 03-11-2009 at 11:38 PM.

Old 03-11-2009, 11:46 PM   #5

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts

Don't be stupid, people.

1. People have been killing each other in the name of religion since people have walked the earth.

2. No religion is exempt.

3. Christians have been killing Christians since Christianity has been founded.
Most recently, see Northern Ireland.

4. Muslims have been killing each other since Islam has been founded. See Sunni v. Shia v. Kurds

5. Even the oldest religions on Earth have been doing so. See Buddhist history.

6. Even tibal religions have been at war in Africa.

When it comes to religion, humans will go to extremes in the name of their faith and they will kill without predjuice.

Common sense and the rule of religious law has never seen common ground.

There are factions of EVERY religion on this planet that will never compromise. See extremist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Last edited by skullcrusher; 03-12-2009 at 12:22 AM.

Old 03-12-2009, 12:19 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt g View Post
I suppose that doesn't apply to queers and baby killers though, does it?
Who said anything about queers and baby killers? You're reply is puzzling, because it doesn't make any sense.

If I commit some awful crime, and say I did it in the name of Christ, that makes Christianity at fault?
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”

Old 03-12-2009, 01:20 AM   #7

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

Im not religious and I'm not gonna be religious just because some Islamists say I have to. It's not that I don't believe in God, I do but I don't believe I have to go to church.

I can't help but think that more wars have been fought and more people have died throughout history because of religion. It's all because someone somewhere decided that because "I don't believe, You can't believe!" or vise versa.

Anybody ever watch "Star Trek"? This move is too much like the "Borg" in which they assimilate or kill their enemies. You must believe and act like us or die!
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

Old 03-12-2009, 04:01 AM   #8

Thanks for the post Jesse- the ACLJ has done a lot for us "Jesus Freaks". I'm afraid it is going to get worse before it gets better- "they" are attacking us from all sides: economy, RKBA, religion, as well as legislating immorality. Remember, the good guys win in the end.

Who knows when the end is going to be, the moral of the story is BE READY.

Old 03-12-2009, 06:38 AM   #9

I'm with you jesse. I have also signed the petition.

mattg, this is as much an issue of "freedom to choose" for yourself as it is a christian issue. Would you prefer that the christians loose their ability to serve God? Your rights might be next.

Old 03-12-2009, 09:55 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKimber View Post
I'm with you jesse. I have also signed the petition.

mattg, this is as much an issue of "freedom to choose" for yourself as it is a christian issue. Would you prefer that the christians loose their ability to serve God? Your rights might be next.
Mr Kimber is dead on, people like Matt might just find themselves without the right to reject religion one day, because of laws being passed limiting people's rights to practice the religion of their choice,....very foolish near sighted stance to have.

P.S. Matt, you're signature statement is working against you,........

Last edited by mr1911; 03-12-2009 at 09:58 AM.