Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Credit Card.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2010, 09:55 PM   #1
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 474 Times on 266 Posts
Likes Given: 2125

Default Credit Card.

You all better watch your credit cards.
Yesterday was notified by my bank that their was some unusual activity on my card.
Went to the bank today and found I had paid for a trip and other items with my card.
As I was speaking with the fraud department,
My new friends were using my number.
Card was cancelled, all charges were removed.
Be Careful.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-19-2010, 10:13 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1173 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Thanks for the reminder. About eight years back, somebody got hold of our checking account info. What a nightmare.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 08-19-2010, 10:15 PM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Yes, thank you for the reminder.....same thing happened to me. Somebody was buying concert tickets all over the country with my debit card number.

I was very surprised the person couldnt be caught.....I guess it ranks pretty low on the Americas Most Wanted List.

Thank goodness the banks remove the charges huh?

Old 08-19-2010, 10:24 PM   #4

Liked 39 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 137

Thanks for the reminder friend. BTW, whats your mothers maiden name and the last four numbers of your social?

Greg

“The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget.”

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupid"

Old 08-20-2010, 12:56 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 176 Times on 94 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Yup. Happened to me 5 days ago. Card company caught it--I guess they
thought 3 transactions of increasing value in 6 minutes was a bit much.

I told them that if they figured out who it was I would be happy to go
"have a little chat" with them---save the card company the cost and time
of prosecuting.

Old 08-20-2010, 01:53 AM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I personally despise credit cards. I have seen what damage they can do first hand. My family almost lost everything to the bank, even our house.
I am actually glad I went through those times though. It taught me how to live without and how dangerous that little plastic card can be.
I own a debit card only and it will stay that way.

Anyways, thanks or the heads up.
This is why I don't have that much money in my account. I am to afraid that someone will get that number and spend all of my money.

"This is my rifle, this is my gun." "This is for fighting, this is for fun." -Full Metal Jacket

"I joined the Navy to drink in foreign countries and fornicate." -unknown

Old 08-20-2010, 03:33 AM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I was notified that the investment company had lost my personal info. I went online & put a freeze on my credit info- problem solved

Old 08-20-2010, 03:48 AM   #8

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

The Judge said I'm not allowed to have credit cards anymore!

Kidding, I have one, can't wait to pay it off and close the account. I figure if I can't afford it now I can't afford it later.

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. Thomas Jefferson

Old 08-20-2010, 04:41 AM   #9

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

People online shopping are getting numbers stolen at an alarming rate. Everyone needs to make sure that if they do any shopping online to clear your cache (internet history) as soon as they are done.

Those prepay cards like Green Dot card. I've seen them at Walmart and it's a great idea. You only have what's you load on it so if someone gets it they wont take you to the cleaners. There are tons of ways to get your card info. Both in the real world and the web. It's well worth taking all the precautions one can to make sure no one besides you and/or your significant other is getting into your pocket. It seems that the online number stealing is the worst these days. All the more reason to beef up your internet security and make sure you empty your history right after any online shopping.

Both Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and that horrid Internet explorer have it in their tools menu.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 08-20-2010, 07:32 AM   #10

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

I would never have a debit card. The money comes straight out of your bank account, and as I understand you cannot recover it. Credit cards have SOME protection against fraudulent use. I buy nearly everything on our VISA card (need those airline miles) and pay it off every month. If I could make my house payment with it I would. If you can't pay it off, cut it up!