Firearm & Gun Forum -

Firearm & Gun Forum - (
-   The Club House (
-   -   Credit Card. (

shadecorp 08-19-2010 09:55 PM

Credit Card.
You all better watch your credit cards.
Yesterday was notified by my bank that their was some unusual activity on my card.
Went to the bank today and found I had paid for a trip and other items with my card.
As I was speaking with the fraud department,
My new friends were using my number. :eek:
Card was cancelled, all charges were removed.
Be Careful.

CA357 08-19-2010 10:13 PM

Thanks for the reminder. About eight years back, somebody got hold of our checking account info. What a nightmare. :rolleyes:

amoroque 08-19-2010 10:15 PM

Yes, thank you for the reminder.....same thing happened to me. Somebody was buying concert tickets all over the country with my debit card number.

I was very surprised the person couldnt be caught.....I guess it ranks pretty low on the Americas Most Wanted List.

Thank goodness the banks remove the charges huh?

gregs887 08-19-2010 10:24 PM

Thanks for the reminder friend. BTW, whats your mothers maiden name and the last four numbers of your social?

BillM 08-20-2010 12:56 AM

Yup. Happened to me 5 days ago. Card company caught it--I guess they
thought 3 transactions of increasing value in 6 minutes was a bit much.

I told them that if they figured out who it was I would be happy to go
"have a little chat" with them---save the card company the cost and time
of prosecuting.:)

saviorslegacy 08-20-2010 01:53 AM

I personally despise credit cards. I have seen what damage they can do first hand. My family almost lost everything to the bank, even our house.
I am actually glad I went through those times though. It taught me how to live without and how dangerous that little plastic card can be.
I own a debit card only and it will stay that way.

Anyways, thanks or the heads up.
This is why I don't have that much money in my account. I am to afraid that someone will get that number and spend all of my money. :(

billdeserthills 08-20-2010 03:33 AM

I was notified that the investment company had lost my personal info. I went online & put a freeze on my credit info- problem solved

pandamonium 08-20-2010 03:48 AM

The Judge said I'm not allowed to have credit cards anymore!

Kidding, I have one, can't wait to pay it off and close the account. I figure if I can't afford it now I can't afford it later.

DrumJunkie 08-20-2010 04:41 AM

People online shopping are getting numbers stolen at an alarming rate. Everyone needs to make sure that if they do any shopping online to clear your cache (internet history) as soon as they are done.

Those prepay cards like Green Dot card. I've seen them at Walmart and it's a great idea. You only have what's you load on it so if someone gets it they wont take you to the cleaners. There are tons of ways to get your card info. Both in the real world and the web. It's well worth taking all the precautions one can to make sure no one besides you and/or your significant other is getting into your pocket. It seems that the online number stealing is the worst these days. All the more reason to beef up your internet security and make sure you empty your history right after any online shopping.

Both Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and that horrid Internet explorer have it in their tools menu.

freefall 08-20-2010 07:32 AM

I would never have a debit card. The money comes straight out of your bank account, and as I understand you cannot recover it. Credit cards have SOME protection against fraudulent use. I buy nearly everything on our VISA card (need those airline miles) and pay it off every month. If I could make my house payment with it I would. If you can't pay it off, cut it up!