Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Craziest shot?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2012, 02:49 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 834 Times on 505 Posts
Likes Given: 179

My father in law talks about someone challenging him to hit a beer can sitting on a log, he estimated about 200 yards away with his 38 spl. He drew his gun pointed it in that direction and knocked it over. Everybody was dumbfounded that he just did that... including him, but he never admitted it to the group. Refused all requests to duplicate the effort

Old 01-25-2012, 03:33 PM   #12

Liked 41 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 19

I was shooting with a couple of guys when one of them asked be if I wanted to shoot his old .22LR revolver. I said, "Sure, watch this." I pointed at a palm-sized rock about 50 yards away. I did a quick draw maneuver and shot at the rock, hitting it. This was the last thing I expected to happen because it was my intention just to clown around a little and have some fun. It was sheer luck that I hit the rock because I am just not that good at shooting a handgun and my friend's .22 LR pistol was not a very good one. The guys with me were quite surprised and impressed. Later they were telling others what a good shot I am and I let them keep thinking that.

Old 01-25-2012, 03:52 PM   #13

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

About a year ago, my buddy and I bought new hunting rifles. He had never really shot a hunting rifle. So I mounted his scope, and lazer sighted his rifle. He shot probably about 10 rounds, and we couldnt even see where they were hitting, but we knew for sure that they werent on paper. I could see he was getting frustrated. I asked if I could give it a try. First shot I nailed the Bull at 100 yards. I handed it back to him and said "well.......its not the rifle"
He still tells people about this all the time.

It's like paradise on Earth, enriched with the ever so sweet nectar of
elk urine.

When you're out there by yourself, you become who you really are.