Craziest shot?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Craziest shot?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2012, 03:06 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

On a hunting trip last year, me and my dad were hunting on his uncle's property and we saw two turkeys and decided to shoot them. We walked around them and came back up towards them, and i saw them about 75 feet away (not real far), walking towards each other. I shouldered my .308 bolt action, (i wasnt expecting to shoot some turkey) and as soon as i had sight picture, the turkeys necks were about to cross. I pulled the trigger, BOOM, and when I walked over to where they were, bolth turkeys were on their backs. They flapped their wings a couple times, then expired. The first turkey had been shot in the neck, and the second had been shot in the upper chest. I had quite literally killed two birds with one stone. This was almost completely luck and timing, and i consider it the craziest shot i had ever done. Anyone else have stories of crazy shots?
(sorry for spelling and grammar problems, i typed this through itouch)

Last edited by Soda; 01-25-2012 at 03:09 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-25-2012, 04:49 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8709 Times on 3768 Posts
Likes Given: 1339

40 mm grenade launcher, 300 meter target. For those not familar with it, it fires a large, very low velocity round (you can see it in flight) with a trajectory like a rainbow. Had just DOOOOPED! a round, and as it was at about the peak, it encountered the unluckiest pigeon in South Carolina.

WHUMP!

Edit- yes, 40mm HE. Gold ogive round (old style)

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

Last edited by c3shooter; 01-25-2012 at 12:57 PM.

Old 01-25-2012, 04:53 AM   #3

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts

Dove hunting I shot a dove flying at me and it folded up its wings and I opened my pouch and the dove fell right into it

Old 01-25-2012, 05:13 AM   #4

Liked 42 Times on 34 Posts

Nothing too cool but cool to me. About a month ago me and a buddy went to a range a little further away from our normal spot and ran into one of the coolest guys I've ever ran into. The guy had a couple of M1 Garands, a mint original 9mm Luger and an original Thompson machine gun. The dude had some money. Had about 50 different sizes of jugs he had filled with acetelyn and was shooting TVs etc etc...(got to shoot a 50 round drum full auto out of the Thompson btw-and yes...it was sweet as hell) anyway, he brought us over a couple of milk jugs and a 1 liter bottle for us to shoot at. My buddy put all of them at the 100 yd range all the way to the back and said, "see if you can hit that liter bottle and ill buy you lunch. I pulled out my Sig 1911 and no joke hit the damn thing first shot 100 yds away. My friends face was almost just as priceless as mine watching the liter bottle explode into tiny pieces. Pretty good shot IMO. Couldn't hit that damn milk jug to save my life though that day but it was a good day. Then the jerk didn't buy me lunch. Typical!

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
~John F. Kennedy

Old 01-25-2012, 05:24 AM   #5
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6562 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
40 mm grenade launcher, 300 meter target. For those not familar with it, it fires a large, very low velocity round (you can see it in flight) with a trajectory like a rainbow. Had just DOOOOPED! a round, and as it was at about the peak, it encountered the unluckiest pigeon in South Carolina.

WHUMP!
Was it a dummy round or a live explosive round?

Old 01-25-2012, 05:27 AM   #6

Sweet shots everyone.

I haven't made any crazy shots yet, but you never know when you will actually pull one off.

Old 01-25-2012, 05:36 AM   #7

Liked 153 Times on 91 Posts

I didnt make the shot i caught the shot 40 cal hydro shok point blank to the tummy luckiest dam shot i ever was involved in im still alive

Old 01-25-2012, 05:43 AM   #8
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7025 Times on 4228 Posts
Likes Given: 8469

Quote:

WHUMP!

Old 01-25-2012, 08:43 AM   #9
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1569 Times on 960 Posts
Likes Given: 7988

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody63m View Post
I didnt make the shot i caught the shot 40 cal hydro shok point blank to the tummy luckiest dam shot i ever was involved in im still alive
The man upstairs was looking out for you, just wasn't your time.

15 yards, strike anywhere match with a .22 short in my grandfather's Winchester model 67. Got it on the third atempt (low the first time, clean miss on the second). He was right, if you just scrape the tip of the match, they will light!

Some pretty cool shots guys! C3, thanks for making me spray diet root beer all over the screen of my computer!

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

Old 01-25-2012, 01:28 PM   #10

Quote:
Edit- yes, 40mm HE. Gold ogive round (old style)
ROLMAO, That too cool.