Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Craziest shot? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/craziest-shot-56269/)

Soda 01-25-2012 03:06 AM

On a hunting trip last year, me and my dad were hunting on his uncle's property and we saw two turkeys and decided to shoot them. We walked around them and came back up towards them, and i saw them about 75 feet away (not real far), walking towards each other. I shouldered my .308 bolt action, (i wasnt expecting to shoot some turkey) and as soon as i had sight picture, the turkeys necks were about to cross. I pulled the trigger, BOOM, and when I walked over to where they were, bolth turkeys were on their backs. They flapped their wings a couple times, then expired. The first turkey had been shot in the neck, and the second had been shot in the upper chest. I had quite literally killed two birds with one stone. This was almost completely luck and timing, and i consider it the craziest shot i had ever done. Anyone else have stories of crazy shots?
(sorry for spelling and grammar problems, i typed this through itouch)

c3shooter 01-25-2012 04:49 AM

40 mm grenade launcher, 300 meter target. For those not familar with it, it fires a large, very low velocity round (you can see it in flight) with a trajectory like a rainbow. Had just DOOOOPED! a round, and as it was at about the peak, it encountered the unluckiest pigeon in South Carolina.

WHUMP!:eek:

Edit- yes, 40mm HE. Gold ogive round (old style)

BullseyePrecision 01-25-2012 04:53 AM

Dove hunting I shot a dove flying at me and it folded up its wings and I opened my pouch and the dove fell right into it

g17frantz 01-25-2012 05:13 AM

Nothing too cool but cool to me. About a month ago me and a buddy went to a range a little further away from our normal spot and ran into one of the coolest guys I've ever ran into. The guy had a couple of M1 Garands, a mint original 9mm Luger and an original Thompson machine gun. The dude had some money. Had about 50 different sizes of jugs he had filled with acetelyn and was shooting TVs etc etc...(got to shoot a 50 round drum full auto out of the Thompson btw-and yes...it was sweet as hell) anyway, he brought us over a couple of milk jugs and a 1 liter bottle for us to shoot at. My buddy put all of them at the 100 yd range all the way to the back and said, "see if you can hit that liter bottle and ill buy you lunch. I pulled out my Sig 1911 and no joke hit the damn thing first shot 100 yds away. My friends face was almost just as priceless as mine watching the liter bottle explode into tiny pieces. Pretty good shot IMO. Couldn't hit that damn milk jug to save my life though that day but it was a good day. Then the jerk didn't buy me lunch. Typical!

texaswoodworker 01-25-2012 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c3shooter (Post 688665)
40 mm grenade launcher, 300 meter target. For those not familar with it, it fires a large, very low velocity round (you can see it in flight) with a trajectory like a rainbow. Had just DOOOOPED! a round, and as it was at about the peak, it encountered the unluckiest pigeon in South Carolina.

Was it a dummy round or a live explosive round? :D

texaswoodworker 01-25-2012 05:27 AM

Sweet shots everyone.

I haven't made any crazy shots yet, but you never know when you will actually pull one off. :D

woody63m 01-25-2012 05:36 AM

I didnt make the shot i caught the shot 40 cal hydro shok point blank to the tummy luckiest dam shot i ever was involved in im still alive

winds-of-change 01-25-2012 05:43 AM

Quote:

kfox75 01-25-2012 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woody63m (Post 688696)
I didnt make the shot i caught the shot 40 cal hydro shok point blank to the tummy luckiest dam shot i ever was involved in im still alive

The man upstairs was looking out for you, just wasn't your time.

15 yards, strike anywhere match with a .22 short in my grandfather's Winchester model 67. Got it on the third atempt (low the first time, clean miss on the second). He was right, if you just scrape the tip of the match, they will light!

Some pretty cool shots guys! C3, thanks for making me spray diet root beer all over the screen of my computer!

texaswoodworker 01-25-2012 01:28 PM

Quote:

Edit- yes, 40mm HE. Gold ogive round (old style)

ROLMAO, That too cool.