Crapping my pants and $hiting bricks right now!
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Crapping my pants and $hiting bricks right now!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2012, 07:55 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Default Crapping my pants and $hiting bricks right now!

Alright heres the deal, my gf and I went out shopping, a guy comes up and cops a field my gf pushs him and swears and im walking to her form the other end of the store, the other kid says "wtf Blt$tch C&nt" to my gf, i get pissed and punch him in the gut. The store manager saw all this, called cops, the female cop took our phone numbers, and addresses, and checked our licenses, and called the other kids parents but not mine. I thought that was weird. My parents do not know yet.

So the questions:
>is that is or is there gonna be more...?
>should i tell my parents, i dont want to because i know it'll upset them.
>I thought it was weird i didn't get in trouble with the cops... i am 18 so is it going to be on record or anything?

Thanks in advance.

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government" - Thomas Jefferson

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-30-2012, 08:56 AM   #2

Liked 712 Times on 463 Posts
Likes Given: 1949

I wouldn't worry too much, I doubt that you will hear anything else, it's possible but I wouldn't worry, not like its gonna do any good anyway.

Old 05-30-2012, 09:44 AM   #3

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

You may or may not hear anything else. If the guy wasnt to be an ass he could press charges for simple assault at worst BUT then your gf would need to press charges for sexual harassment. At that point the other guy is screwed and it also will show you as only defending her which is why there was only 1 hit in the stomach. You did not attempt to do any major bodily harm just enough to get him away. Odds are if he pressed charges your simple assault then it would get thrown away as defending your gf and he would end up with a sexual harassment charge that would sick with him forever.

I can almost guarantee this is the way the police explained it to him he is going to let everything go. If he dose press charges i wouldnt worry too much about it and get a lawyer as soon as you find out he dose.

Old 05-30-2012, 10:46 AM   #4

Liked 1609 Times on 963 Posts
Likes Given: 358

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retaks View Post
You may or may not hear anything else. If the guy wasnt to be an ass he could press charges for simple assault at worst BUT then your gf would need to press charges for sexual harassment. At that point the other guy is screwed and it also will show you as only defending her which is why there was only 1 hit in the stomach. You did not attempt to do any major bodily harm just enough to get him away. Odds are if he pressed charges your simple assault then it would get thrown away as defending your gf and he would end up with a sexual harassment charge that would sick with him forever.

I can almost guarantee this is the way the police explained it to him he is going to let everything go. If he dose press charges i wouldnt worry too much about it and get a lawyer as soon as you find out he dose.
If the guy touched her, it would not be sexual harrassment, but sexual battery. A much worse crime. When you hit him, you could be charged with battery.
The cop probably dropped it if they did not cuff either of you. It probably wasn't worth it to do the paperwork. Had you just called the cops, rather than hit the guy, the cops may well have arrested the other guy.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Old 05-30-2012, 01:34 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94browninghunt View Post
Alright heres the deal, my gf and I went out shopping, a guy comes up and cops a field my gf pushs him and swears and im walking to her form the other end of the store, the other kid says "wtf Blt$tch C&nt" to my gf, i get pissed and punch him in the gut. The store manager saw all this, called cops, the female cop took our phone numbers, and addresses, and checked our licenses, and called the other kids parents but not mine. I thought that was weird. My parents do not know yet.

So the questions:
>is that is or is there gonna be more...?
>should i tell my parents, i dont want to because i know it'll upset them.
>I thought it was weird i didn't get in trouble with the cops... i am 18 so is it going to be on record or anything?

Thanks in advance.
Oh, Lord! What ever happened to men fighting it out and letting it be, without calling in the gestapos to take this information and that information and mulled over being handcuffed and taken away. That is such bullsh*t. I like the old days when scores were settled among men without killing one another.
Old 05-30-2012, 02:48 PM   #6
CGO

Liked 11 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Years ago a stupid idiot touched my breast at a party, I put my knee were it counted. When I got done with him he walked funny and his voice was much higher like a girl. I don't put up with that kinda chit and I still don't at my age.

Old 05-30-2012, 04:21 PM   #7

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanBaccha View Post
Oh, Lord! What ever happened to men fighting it out and letting it be, without calling in the gestapos to take this information and that information and mulled over being handcuffed and taken away. That is such bullsh*t. I like the old days when scores were settled among men without killing one another.
Wish it was like that...I told my father, he was upset but later said he would've done the same.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government" - Thomas Jefferson

Old 05-30-2012, 05:03 PM   #8

Liked 75 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 291

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGO View Post
Years ago a stupid idiot touched my breast at a party, I put my knee were it counted. When I got done with him he walked funny and his voice was much higher like a girl. I don't put up with that kinda chit and I still don't at my age.
We need more women like you! My wife would probably do the same!
I salute you!

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, but evil is not overcome by fleeing from it"

Jeff Cooper

CGO Likes This 
Old 05-30-2012, 05:21 PM   #9

Liked 1198 Times on 857 Posts
Likes Given: 610

If your in a situation that is out of your hands and you can do nothing about it , then do worry over it . If your in a situation that you CAN do somthing then do it.

If anything ever does happen , find comfort in knowing you did the right thing . And any DA or judge with common sense would toss it out asap .

I would have put him in his place and just left . No one can or will detain me or my family unless its a leo or I have committed a crime . IE , store manager or loss prevention , security ect

Danger is real , Fear is a option

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.

snyder77 Likes This 
Old 05-30-2012, 05:32 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
I would have put him in his place and just left . No one can or will detain me or my family unless its a leo or I have committed a crime . IE , store manager or loss prevention , security ect
I support the idea of leaving the scene myself; it isn't a wreck.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

People Like This