Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > The Crap Moment - Bear Climbs Tree to See Hunter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2013, 04:22 AM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1277 Times on 676 Posts
Likes Given: 1735

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna_Purna View Post
Ya might like this one also:
http://www.wimp.com/awesomebear/
That one is a grizzly. Pretty cute, alright.

This one is a grizzly, too:

Sorry if that offends, but grizzlies are what they are. We've had a lot of hunters mauled or killed by bears over the years, mostly grizzlies. They are most definitely not to be underestimated.

It's funny to see another video of a black bear coming up a tree stand, though. I'd have thought that was real, real rare. Apparently not. I've had owls come over to me, a deer cocking its head, that sort of thing, but never had a bear climb up.

C.S.S.A.; N.F.A.; N.R.A. Life Member
Make the world a better place; have your liberal spayed or neutered.

dango Likes This 
Old 06-21-2013, 10:41 AM   #12
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4558 Times on 2290 Posts
Likes Given: 4698

Bears that get that close to me must die unless they are behind some type of enclosure! I WILL NOT BECOME Yogi's DINNER EVER! I cant believe the guy didnt do anything but record it! The Bear and Moose Vid is a reality nobody wants to experience! Humans have become way too comfortable with their love of all things wild big and small. Lions and Tigers and BEARS,, Oh my and hell yes you should be scared! Dont lie down and act dead; lay down suppressive fire and get the hell out of there!!

And yes, I met up with a couple of those piggies on Reforger in 1981, in a soft sided jeep!!! Momma and a couple piglets and she wasnt very happy we were driving around in her neck of the woods. She charged my jeep and rammed the fender in front of the passengers side (The side my Brandy New, Preppy Butterbar Lieutenant was sitting on). Im pretty sure she soiled her panties, I dont blame her, the thing hit us < a foot from her canvas door panel! Just about jumped on my lap, (I didnt mind, she was cute as a bug but dumber than a box of rocks). I decided it was time to leave, my m16 filled with blanks wasnt a match for an angry Momma Pig. I spent a year and a half in Germany and that was the only time I ever saw them, always thought that was odd. All that I saw was lots of midget deer and bunnies on steroids!

Last edited by WebleyFosbery38; 06-21-2013 at 10:45 AM.
dango Likes This 
Old 06-21-2013, 10:46 AM   #13
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6542 Times on 3633 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 View Post
Bears that get that close to me must die unless they are behind some type of enclosure! I WILL NOT BECOME Yogi's DINNER EVER! I cant believe the guy didnt do anything but record it! The Bear and Moose Vid is a reality nobody wants to experience! Humans have become way too comfortable with their love of all things wild big and small. Lions and Tigers and BEARS,, Oh my and hell yes you should be scared! Dont lie down and act dead; lay down suppressive fire and get the hell out of there!!

And yes, I met up with a couple of those piggies on Reforger in 1981, in a soft sided jeep!!! Momma and a couple piglets and she wasnt very happy we were driving around in her neck of the woods. She charged my jeep and rammed the fender in front of the passengers side (The side my Brandy New, Preppy Butterbar Lieutenant was sitting on). Im pretty sure she soiled her panties, I dont blame her, the thing hit us < a foot from her canvas door panel! Just about jumped on my lap, (I didnt mind, she was cute as a bug but dumber than a box of rocks). I decided it was time to leave, my m16 filled with blanks wasnt a match for an angry Momma Pig. I spent a year and a half in Germany and that was the only time I ever saw them, always thought that was odd. All that I saw was lots of midget deer and bunnies on steroids!
Why did you have blanks in your gun instead of actual ammo?
Old 06-21-2013, 12:44 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2221 Times on 1379 Posts
Likes Given: 14838

Well , through out the years , I have been humbled many a time..! Never had to shoot anything but did want to..! Have not gotten eaten yet..!

Old 06-21-2013, 07:38 PM   #15
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4558 Times on 2290 Posts
Likes Given: 4698

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
Why did you have blanks in your gun instead of actual ammo?
The Germans frowned on us playing war with real bullets unless we were on one of a couple training areas. Reforger plays out across half of the country. Besides, I wouldnt have trusted the Preppy Lt with a loaded m16 in my vehicle, she wasnt safe with a toothbrush!

I did however find out that a blank could fire a cleaning rod like a sabot through 1/8" sheet metal later on in my career. It will toss one a couple hundred feet without a problem. Blanks also lodge snugly in the flash suppressor and they will go 60' if you fire them off with a blank.

We had lots of things we could do with simulators that was both stupid and entertaining. You should see what a TOW Simulator IED does to a raccoon, it aint pretty folks!
Old 07-24-2013, 07:28 PM   #16
Deader Bears=Better Bears
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5623 Times on 3305 Posts
Likes Given: 4717

How did I miss this!

I hope I live long enough to see school children studying bears along with the dinosaurs and saber toothed cats.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.
GANDER MOUNTAIN OF HATTIESBURG, MS IS OVERPRICED, HAS LOUSY CUSTOMER SERVICE, & SELLS BEAT UP PISTOLS TO LITTLE OLD LADIES AS "NEW". :p