Craigs list - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Craigs list

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2013, 09:05 PM   #21
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 14,572
Liked 8843 Times on 5118 Posts
Likes Given: 11547

Default

I have done CL sales where the buyer pays with Paypal. I hate Paypal but it sure does work for a lot of stuff. That night vision I mentioned earlier I sold to a guy who paid with a combination of Paypal, a check (that I cashed immediately and before he received the equipment) and cash. He turned out to be a great guy and I still keep in contact with him. Probably going to visit him at his place this spring.

__________________

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
Vikingdad is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:18 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
orangello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 19,155
Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
I have done CL sales where the buyer pays with Paypal. I hate Paypal but it sure does work for a lot of stuff. That night vision I mentioned earlier I sold to a guy who paid with a combination of Paypal, a check (that I cashed immediately and before he received the equipment) and cash. He turned out to be a great guy and I still keep in contact with him. Probably going to visit him at his place this spring.
If he is a revolver fan with an interest in insect collecting and sewing, stay within reach of his little dog.

__________________

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

orangello is offline  
Gonzilla Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:40 PM   #23
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
davva360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 408
Liked 166 Times on 98 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Default

I have sold a couple of guitar related items on there. Haven't had any issues other than people acting like their life depended on getting the item but they don't show up.


Lots of time wasters.

__________________
davva360 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:08 PM   #24
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
winds-of-change's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 23,948
Liked 7815 Times on 4690 Posts
Likes Given: 9842

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
If he is a revolver fan with an interest in insect collecting and sewing, stay within reach of his little dog.

What the heck does THAT mean?
__________________
Honor Student: School of Hard Knocks
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritatus
winds-of-change is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:22 PM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
orangello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 19,155
Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
What the heck does THAT mean?
Silence of the Lambs reference; first major movie i recall night vision in.
__________________

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

orangello is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:27 AM   #26
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 14,572
Liked 8843 Times on 5118 Posts
Likes Given: 11547

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
If he is a revolver fan with an interest in insect collecting and sewing, stay within reach of his little dog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
What the heck does THAT mean?
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Silence of the Lambs reference; first major movie i recall night vision in.
Thanks for clearing that up. Totally lost me there too. (never saw it- not a fan of the genre.)
__________________

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
Vikingdad is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:14 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
orangello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 19,155
Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Thanks for clearing that up. Totally lost me there too. (never saw it- not a fan of the genre.)
Vikingdad, you should consider it; it is really well written (maybe go for the book rather than the movie).
__________________

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

orangello is offline  
pnolans Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:38 PM   #28
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Stillersfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 520
Liked 79 Times on 60 Posts
Likes Given: 366

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
What does that mean?


Anyway, I am trying to sell some items on Criagslist, too. I keep getting woman sending me sexy pictures of themselves asking if we can meet for drinks.
And she probably looked like the bad end of a dog after it ate a bar of soap..
__________________
Gun Control: The ability to get perfect groups on center mass under extreme stress.

Sig P220 Equinox, Sig P238
CZ P01 SDP, CZ 75-PCR
Glock 19
S&W M&P 45ACP, S&W M&P Shield 9MM
Kimber Ultra Carry II
Kimber Sapphire Ultra Carry II
Kimber Stainless Pro Raptor II
Kel Tec PF9, Kel Tec P32
Ruger SR9, Ruger SR9C
Remington 887 Nitro Mag Tactical (12g)
Walther PPS
Ruger SR556E
Springfield XDs 9MM/45 ACP
SKS Chinese Norinco
Mosin Nagant 91/30 (2)
NRA Member
Stillersfan is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:56 PM   #29
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
pnolans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Colorado Springs,CO
Posts: 203
Liked 38 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 236

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
What does that mean?


Anyway, I am trying to sell some items on Criagslist, too. I keep getting woman sending me sexy pictures of themselves asking if we can meet for drinks.
Man , so sorry. What a waste!

Just kidding. Ya gotta admit, you were askin for it!



To the original poster, Yes, it is very common. I usually don't bother selling on CL unless I'm going to get over $100.

The first one or 2 replies you get will almost ALWAYS be a scam. If you're trying to sell a car, someone will try to sell you on their "car selling service". I BELIEVE that pawn shops have people just watch new postings constantly and offer half or less, CASH TODAY!!!! You'll get people that want you to let you pay them some $$$ each month.

Eventually , you'll get some real private buyers.

Personally, I find it to be a lot of trouble.

armslist is a little better... I sold some guns there last year. But you still get the pawn shop guys.

I've never had a problem. But that's me.
__________________

PatMan

"You'll put your eye out, kid"

”You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”
~Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

"DUMP HICKENLOOPER".. my future bumper sticker.


Last edited by pnolans; 01-10-2013 at 08:03 PM.
pnolans is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:19 PM   #30
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Idaho --,Happy
Posts: 1,905
Liked 341 Times on 237 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnolans View Post
Man , so sorry. What a waste!

Just kidding. Ya gotta admit, you were askin for it!



To the original poster, Yes, it is very common. I usually don't bother selling on CL unless I'm going to get over $100.

The first one or 2 replies you get will almost ALWAYS be a scam. If you're trying to sell a car, someone will try to sell you on their "car selling service". I BELIEVE that pawn shops have people just watch new postings constantly and offer half or less, CASH TODAY!!!! You'll get people that want you to let you pay them some $$$ each month.

Eventually , you'll get some real private buyers.

Personally, I find it to be a lot of trouble.

armslist is a little better... I sold some guns there last year. But you still get the pawn shop guys.

I've never had a problem. But that's me.
I pulled my adds on CL. I have had enough. I don't even understand what these people want and why they would bother to reply with the stuff they send me ???????????
__________________
Flat Tire is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Your $10K List: What's On It? Dillinger The Club House 41 01-10-2013 08:12 PM
Gun list michael345 General Rifle Discussion 42 06-17-2012 08:19 PM
Right to the top of my need new toy list. Starship General Handgun Discussion 1 02-18-2011 11:01 PM
List as a C&R... janikphoto Curio & Relic Discussion 2 11-04-2008 07:40 PM