Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Craigs list (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/craigs-list-80732/)

Flat Tire 01-09-2013 12:31 AM

Craigs list

So I am new to this Craigslist and I listed some auto parts for sale and I have been getting the craziest emails from people that don't make any sense, or emails that are blank. Is this common from this site ?

JonM 01-09-2013 12:45 AM

yes its common.

its also common that muggers rapists and serial killers use tht site to lure people to bad ends...

my recomendation is dont do it. here in se wisconsin your more likely to be robbed doing a face to face craigs list sale than completing the transaction safely. here recently there was an incident where the seller arranged the meet right in front of the racine county sherriff office and jail complex. he was robbed then shot and left on the sidewalk.

BeyondTheBox 01-09-2013 01:52 AM

I use it to sell pretty much everything other than guns and never had any bad luck, but read some horror stories like most. I use it quite often and is actually one of the main reasons I started carrying.

To answer your question, no, I've never gotten blank emails. I have gotten plenty from scammers.

I have a couple simple rules I follow and post them at the end of each listing. Cash only & face2face only transactions. Only meet in high traffic areas & times. I get a price established before I exchange any phone numbers also.

TankTop 01-09-2013 01:56 AM

I just sold a car on Craigslist, yea, 90% replies were scams. The scammers who wanted to send money orders or PayPal I had them call me wife to setup the transaction, of course her phone number was the local FBI field office, they didn't bother to call me back?

John_Deer 01-09-2013 02:08 AM

I have had good results with craigs list. Yes, I have got some nutty replies. People that want a zillion pictures of the item. I don't reply to those email messages. You can tell when someone is serious and ready to buy.

Axxe55 01-09-2013 02:14 AM

as with selling anything, they ain't serious unless they show up with cash!

several times, i have had people haggle over the price and we agree on it, then they need a few days or weeks to come up with the money?

the one that really gets me laughing, is they want to lowball your price and throw out that someone else has the same thing for much lower! my response, then why are you here wasting your time and mine?

TankTop 01-09-2013 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axxe55
as with selling anything, they ain't serious unless they show up with cash!

several times, i have had people haggle over the price and we agree on it, then they need a few days or weeks to come up with the money?

the one that really gets me laughing, is they want to lowball your price and throw out that someone else has the same thing for much lower! my response, then why are you here wasting your time and mine?

I'm a car salesman by profession, I love it when someone tells me they can buy a brand new one for x thousand less, I just look at them and ask why they didn't buy it already if it's such a great deal. My dealership had the steeple removed a couple months ago, the owner decided he was interested in a profit!

winds-of-change 01-09-2013 03:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TankTop (Post 1085871)
My dealership had the steeple removed a couple months ago, the owner decided he was interested in a profit!

What does that mean?

Anyway, I am trying to sell some items on Criagslist, too. I keep getting woman sending me sexy pictures of themselves asking if we can meet for drinks. :mad:

Axxe55 01-09-2013 03:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winds-of-change (Post 1086042)
What does that mean?

Anyway, I am trying to sell some items on Criagslist, too. I keep getting woman sending me sexy pictures of themselves asking if we can meet for drinks. :mad:

just forward them to some of the single male members here on the forum!:p

TankTop 01-09-2013 04:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winds-of-change

What does that mean?

We're not a church giving handouts