Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > coworker gets new gun!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2011, 01:14 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default coworker gets new gun!!!

So i thought you all would enjoy this little mishap a coworker of mine had sunday.... Ill start by saying he and his wife are the "have to keep up with the jones" type of folks and until about 2 months ago they had never owned or been around any firearms of any kind and then one day decided they needed a pistol for the house which is fine we all just told them to go to a gun safty class but they didnt, now in 2 months time they have bought a 357,two 9mm's,38,380 a 12ga and this past weekend in springfield Il at a gun show a ruger 10/22 and a golden boy 22 the ruger was used and they bought it on sat and picked it up on sunday, that night (and these are his words not mine) he was "playing" with it pulled the trigger and bang! The gun had a live round in the chamber, he says that he did not load the weapon and does not even have any shells for it he also said that while looking at the gun at the show the vendor opened the weapon and showed them how to work it! So either the vendor had not notice the gun was loaded or the guy i work with is full of bs but he did bring the spent shell to work to show us how it was bent and said he had to use a cleaning rod to push the shell out of the chamber because it was stuck and wouldnt eject. So the moral of this story is the guy i work with is a idiot and should have check the gun no matter what and he has a window to replace and should not own a gun! STUPID!!! Lucky no one was hurt or killed! ps they have not shot or for that matter bought any ammo for the other guns they have purchased they just like to say they have them! IDIOTS For the record they also have 2 newer corvettes, 2 harleys, 2 scooters, a jag a motorhome a golfcart a 2010 chevy tahoe a 2010 chevy equinox and a payment book for all of them!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-04-2011, 01:23 AM   #2

Liked 39 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 137

Dude, punctuation. That hurt my eyes to read

Greg

“The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget.”

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupid"

Old 01-04-2011, 01:25 AM   #3
Lifetime Supporting Member

Liked 429 Times on 229 Posts

Preposterous!

Old 01-04-2011, 01:57 AM   #4

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Holy crap. After laboring over your post I have a few things to say.

1. Tell him to take the gun to a gunsmith to have it checked out. The round was probably in there the whole time and did not eject when opening or after firing. The guy bought a lemon and it probably needs a new extractor to say the least.

2. Stress again how important it is for both of them to take a safety class. This should ring home after the incident because he could be a widower right now awaing trial.

3. Why do you care what he and his wife spend money on? Seriously.

4. I ended #3 with a preposition and it is still more understandable than one long run-on sentence.

5. Tell him again how lucky he is that he did not kill someone and tell him to put the guns away until they know how to use them, ammo or not.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 01-04-2011, 02:22 AM   #5

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Holy crap. After laboring over your post I have a few things to say.

1. Tell him to take the gun to a gunsmith to have it checked out. The round was probably in there the whole time and did not eject when opening or after firing. The guy bought a lemon and it probably needs a new extractor to say the least.

2. Stress again how important it is for both of them to take a safety class. This should ring home after the incident because he could be a widower right now awaing trial.

3. Why do you care what he and his wife spend money on? Seriously.

4. I ended #3 with a preposition and it is still more understandable than one long run-on sentence.

5. Tell him again how lucky he is that he did not kill someone and tell him to put the guns away until they know how to use them, ammo or not.
Ooh, that laugh HURT! And it scared my dog, too.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 01-04-2011, 02:53 AM   #6

Liked 6103 Times on 3695 Posts
Likes Given: 6908

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregs887 View Post
Dude, punctuation. That hurt my eyes to read
I thought I was reading the world's longest sentence. I'm a little jealous of what they have and can buy, really!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shihan View Post
Preposterous!
Are you still at this, Shihan? Cut it out! YOU are preposterous.

Old 01-04-2011, 04:19 AM   #7

first of all you have to know these people and how they are I could give a rats ass as to what they buy, second I thought this was a gun forum not a grammer forum!

Old 01-04-2011, 04:25 AM   #8

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buns79 View Post
first of all you have to know these people and how they are I could give a rats ass as to what they buy, second I thought this was a gun forum not a grammer forum!
Don't take it personally. We like guns, but love syntax.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 01-04-2011, 04:40 AM   #9
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Hi neighbor, sorry what I own bothers you so much that you would find joy in a firearm mishap. I would suggest spending more time working on your life than being obsessed with mine.

If it helps you win....I could never write a sentence that long.

Take care

PS, would you please replace the muffler on your POS it ruines the mood when we are relaxing in our hot tub.

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 01-04-2011, 11:34 AM   #10

Liked 32 Times on 27 Posts

WOW who cares what they want to spend their money one and if they have payments on anything or not the worst part is the fact that they could have killed someone i agree with skully that they need to take a safety class why dont you take them to the range and teach them some safety and what not it would make you a much better shooter and friend to help them along in their path to being responsible gun owners over just complaining about them and how they get to have a corvette and you dont never know teach them and they may let you drive that vette go teach them be a good gun owner I know that the most fun i have at a range is in teaching people who are new to firearms but i can also understand where you are coming from as you were perfect and never had anyone teach you gun safety you were born knowing it all go print out the 3 rules of gun safety or the 10 commandments of firearms safety and give it to them tell them to please read it over and then talk to them about it go to their house and help them strip and clean their firearms and show them how to inspect them and show them how to function check them as i am sure you know everything about each and every firearm they own i typed this as you did yours so you could see how hard it is to read oh and by the way i have a car and a house and we make payments on them so I guess I must be a lower form of life over you.

PS I beat your run on sentence. I win..........