Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Cowboy Boots

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2010, 05:32 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 58 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I've had several surgeries on my feet over the years, so one thing I won't scrimp on is shoes/boots. If your feet hurt, your whole body hurts.

And I'd rather buy ONE pair of $500 boots to last me 15 years than five pairs of $100 boots to last the same amount of time......cuz yer puds will be hurtin' that whole time in the cheapies.

Old 03-10-2010, 05:33 PM   #12

Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts

Damn Lon. BB may want to do some actual work, while wearing his boots and them dresser boots of yours ain't for stomping through the cow patties, horse apples, mud and dust.

Get a pair of Justin Roper boots, they range from $80 - $450 and you can get all them exotic skins if you want to dress up. If you want a damn comfortable, long wearing, all around work boots, you want some Ropers.

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 03-10-2010, 05:35 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
Do I need special care for different hides?
Yes, you do, but none of them take a LOT of care. I thought you said COWBOY boots, not work boots, so that's why I chimed in.

Old 03-10-2010, 05:35 PM   #14

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess View Post
Those are some gorgeous boots right there.

JD probably couldn't pull it off though
Because it will clash with my Hugo Boss suit and tie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonyaeger View Post
I've had several surgeries on my feet over the years, so one thing I won't scrimp on is shoes/boots. If your feet hurt, your whole body hurts.

And I'd rather buy ONE pair of $500 boots to last me 15 years than five pairs of $100 boots to last the same amount of time......cuz yer puds will be hurtin' that whole time in the cheapies.
Quoted for Truth. Having good footwear is a must. Nothing is worse than having cold, wet feet, and if they hurt on top of that, you are one miserable puppy.

If I wore cowboy boots, I would probably get really good ones too. I was just comparing Benning's future cow puncher salary.

Old 03-10-2010, 05:35 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGETEVEN View Post
Damn Lon. BB may want to do some actual work, while wearing his boots and them dresser boots of yours ain't for stomping through the cow patties, horse apples, mud and dust.

Get a pair of Justin Roper boots, they range from $80 - $450 and you can get all them exotic skins if you want to dress up. If you want a damn comfortable, long wearing, all around work boots, you want some Ropers.

Jack
See one of my previous posts, Jack.

Old 03-10-2010, 05:37 PM   #16

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGETEVEN View Post

Jack
How well do they fast rope out of Blackhawk Chopper under the cover of darkness?

Old 03-10-2010, 05:39 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
DO you want slip on boots or lace up boots?

Tony Lama make a great pair of boots. My dad wore nothing but Tony's for a long time.

I have a pair of Justin Lace up ropers that are rather tough. I haven't wore them in years because I don't dress hick anymore.

Western Wear, Cowboy Boots, Western Shirts Apparel and Clothing | Cavender's Boot City Western Store

Tony Lama - Tony Lama Boots - The World's Most Recognized Western Boot Brand Since 1911.

Ariat International

Here if you want a boot that will last you forever and a year White's are the way to go. There is nothing tougher than Whites. My dad had their line boots and I don't think he ever had to buy a second pair of them in 35 years. Whites are custom fitted to your foot measurements. These boots fit like a glove and last forever I am telling you.

Packers

Justin Official Boot of the PRCA
Right, but NEVER order boots over the web. I can't wear Tony Lama or Justin or Ariat because my feet are shaped like flippers with no arch. With Lucchese or Anderson Bean that's a non-issue. You just have to try them all on before you know which one is for you.

BB, what size you wear?

Old 03-10-2010, 05:39 PM   #18

Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
How well do they fast rope out of Blackhawk Chopper under the cover of darkness?
Very well sir and even to horseback on a dead gallop!

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 03-10-2010, 05:43 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
DO you want slip on boots or lace up boots?

Tony Lama make a great pair of boots. My dad wore nothing but Tony's for a long time.

I have a pair of Justin Lace up ropers that are rather tough. I haven't wore them in years because I don't dress hick anymore.

Western Wear, Cowboy Boots, Western Shirts Apparel and Clothing | Cavender's Boot City Western Store

Tony Lama - Tony Lama Boots - The World's Most Recognized Western Boot Brand Since 1911.

Ariat International

Here if you want a boot that will last you forever and a year White's are the way to go. There is nothing tougher than Whites. My dad had their line boots and I don't think he ever had to buy a second pair of them in 35 years. Whites are custom fitted to your foot measurements. These boots fit like a glove and last forever I am telling you.

Packers

Justin Official Boot of the PRCA
If you're talkin' about THIS kind of lace-up boot, Tango....well those 'r ghey.

Old 03-10-2010, 07:29 PM   #20

Liked 39 Times on 19 Posts

Benning,

If you want a pair of working boots might I suggest:

Ariat International

Ariats will stand up to ranch work and are extremely comfortable. They work well on foot or horse back and have a nice spur ledge for working cattle.

I will support Lons suggestion of Lucchese as great boots, I don’t own a pair, but Linda has a pair of custom made that she loves. (PS, Lucchese is here in El Paso, so is Tony Lama).

Lama’s aren’t bad but you have to try on a bunch of pairs to find a pair that really fits.

Justin are nice, I wear Justin at work, but are not as good a quality as Lamas or Lucchese.