Couple Kidnapped, Raped, Murdered and Bodies Burned
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Couple Kidnapped, Raped, Murdered and Bodies Burned

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2007, 04:58 PM   #1
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 698 Times on 387 Posts
Likes Given: 729

Default Couple Kidnapped, Raped, Murdered and Bodies Burned

In late April a a couple was carjacked, kidnapped, they were BOTH raped, murdered and bodies burned. Horrible torture. News outlets barely picked up on it though?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Channon_Christian_and_Christopher_Newsom_murder

Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-07-2007, 05:14 PM   #2
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Media bias is well-documented. Reverse the races and ask yourself whether or not the media would have picked up on the story. Of course!

Here are a couple sites that might make you wonder if you're getting the facts (I'm assuming there are people left who still trust the mainstream media):

http://www.aim.org/
http://www.seconddraft.org/

Old 05-08-2007, 05:29 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts

Wow after reading the story all I can say is "I cannot think of a punishment harsh enough for the guilty parties". This is truly sick, and sadly reflective of our society. I hope the guilty parties fry for this both in the chair, and in hell. Yes I have to agree that there is a media bias towards minority victims vs caucasian victims in crimes like this. This is 100x worse than what allegedly happened at Duke, but recieved zero attention . Oh well can we expect anything less from what passes for media in this country?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Channon_Christian_and_Christopher_Newsom_murder

Quote:
Hugh Christopher Newsom, Jr., 23, and Channon Gail Christian, 21, were from Knoxville, Tennessee. They were apparently kidnapped, tortured, and murdered early on the morning of January 7, 2007 after their vehicle was carjacked. Both murders were premeditated.

Christian allegedly was abducted and repeatedly raped before her murder. Five suspects have been arrested and charged in the case. Christian was raped in many ways. Hugh Christopher Newsom, Jr. was raped as well.

Christian and Newsom had gone on a date Saturday, January 6, 2007, but did not return home. Newsom's body was found adjacent to railroad tracks in East Knoxville the next afternoon. According to investigators, he had been shot and his body had been burned. He had apparently been raped. Some reports state that his penis had been severed from his body prior to his death. This has not been confirmed.

"When the perpetrators were finished with Christopher, they allegedly turned their attention to Channon. She was beaten, gang raped and at times urinated upon. When her killers finally had their fill of her, they cut off one of her breasts while she was still alive, poured bleach down her throat, in an attempt to cover up evidence. As with Christopher, they set her body on fire; however, for unknown reasons, they did not dump her body but instead placed it in a trashcan inside the apartment."

Christian's parents found her Toyota 4-Runner on Chipman Street on Monday, with the help of her mobile phone provider. An envelope recovered from the vehicle yielded fingerprint evidence that led police to Lemaricus Davidson and 2316 Chipman Street. When police went to the address on Tuesday, January 9, they found the home unoccupied and Christian's body in a trash can in the kitchen. Her body was found in five separate trash bags. Previous to her death she had been forced to swallow some kind of liquid cleaner in an attempt to remove any DNA evidence of the crimes. Some reports also state that her breasts had been cut from her body, prior to her death. This has not been confirmed. "Childress says Newsom's body was wrapped in a 'sheet and/or comforter,' and that the victim had been shot at least three times. He also notes that Newsom's shoes, socks, identification, and iPod were missing. His body had been burned."

Christian came to Tennessee with her family from Louisiana in 1997. She was a graduate of Farragut High School and a senior sociology major at the University of Tennessee. On January 12th her family released a statement to thank the Knoxville community "for all their prayers and everything". A candlelight vigil was held on the university campus January 25, 2007 in her honor. She is buried at Highland Memorial West Cemetery.

Newsom, a former baseball player for the Halls High School Red Devils graduated from Halls in 2002. He was interred at Woodhaven Memorial Gardens.

District Attorney General Randy Nichols has not indicated whether or not he will seek the death penalty, but he does say the state will seek conviction for all charges filed in a 24-page indictment from the Knox County Grand Jury.

The five suspects, all African-American, are:

Lemaricus Devall "Slim" Davidson, 25, (b. June 13, 1981) faces a total of 46 charges. Davidson was indicted on 16 counts of felony murder growing out of rape, robbery, kidnapping, and theft of Christian and Newsom, 2 counts of premeditated murder, 2 counts of especially aggravated robbery, 4 counts of especially aggravated kidnapping, 20 counts of aggravated rape, and 2 counts of theft. Davidson had completed serving a five-year sentence in Tennessee on a previous felony conviction for carjacking and aggravated robbery on August 5, 2006.

Letalvis "Rome" Cobbins, 24, (b. December 20, 1982) faces a total of 46 charges. Cobbins was indicted on 16 counts of felony murder growing out of rape, robbery, kidnapping, and theft of Christian and Newsom, 2 counts of premeditated murder, 2 counts of especially aggravated robbery, 4 counts of especially aggravated kidnapping, 20 counts of aggravated rape, and 2 counts of theft. In 2003, Cobbins was convicted of third-degree attempted robbery in New York state. He and Davidson are brothers.

George Geovonni "Detroit" Thomas, 27, faces a total of 46 charges. Thomas was indicted on 16 counts of felony murder growing out of rape, robbery, kidnapping, and theft of Christian and Newsom, 2 counts of premeditated murder, 2 counts of especially aggravated robbery, 4 counts of especially aggravated kidnapping, 20 counts of aggravated rape, and 2 counts of theft.

Eric DeWayne "E" Boyd, 34, arrested in connection with the fatal carjacking, only faces federal charges as an accessory after the fact. He was not indicted by the Knox County grand jury.

Vanessa Coleman, 18, was arrested by police in Lebanon, Kentucky. She faces 40 Tennessee state charges. Coleman was indicted on 12 counts of felony murder growing out of rape, robbery, kidnapping, and theft of Christian and Newsom, 1 count of premeditated murder (of Christian only), 1 count of especially aggravated robbery (of Newsom only), 4 counts of especially aggravated kidnapping, 20 counts of aggravated rape, and 2 counts of theft.

Despite the gruesome nature of these murders, they received virtually no coverage in the mainstream media. Some commentators have said that this is due to a supposed media bias which supposedly provides more coverage to cases in which whites allegedly attack blacks (such as the Duke Lacrosse case) than vice versa.

"Supposed" and "supposedly" being the key words.
I copied this article from Wiki so it may read poorly.

Last edited by BrassMonkey; 05-08-2007 at 05:40 AM.

Old 05-08-2007, 06:28 AM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Racial bias!

It just burns me up that the press has to only print stories that they consider racially relevant. And they are the ones who are more biased racially, the very thing that they have been over the years. We all remember the big hoopala, a few months ago, over the black guy in NYC who drove a vehicle AT A COP and he and several other cops fired a LOT of bullets into the vehicle killing this guy. Now the press, along with the "Rev." Al Sharpton are all up in arms, because the cops killed this guy "for no reason". I tell you what, I don't care what color he is, if he tried to kill me with a car being driven at me, I would shoot him to stop him from killing me. It's called SELF DEFENSE!! Sharpton would like to call it murder! IDIOT!!!!

You know, I pray for the day when we look at ANY MURDER, by anyone, black, white, red, yellow, whoever does it against ANY RACE PERSON, will get real justice, AND GO TO THE LETHAL INJECTION GURNEY. And the press will treat it as a crime and the perps will pay the ultimate price!! Black on white, white on black, white on white, black on black etc. they should be treated as a crime and don't make the race of an issue.

MarMac

Old 05-08-2007, 01:21 PM   #5

Default Another reason NOT to trust the "old media" -

they "cherry pick " the stories that support their agenda, and ignore others. How would this NOT be a "hate crime"? Oh wait - the victims were white!

Old 05-08-2007, 07:11 PM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

And not gay!!

Old 05-08-2007, 09:10 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Stories like this make me thankful that I have enough sense to take responsibility for my own safety. I know that concealed carry is no guarantee. However, if someone intends to do me or my wife harm, whatever happens is happening NOW, and swiftly. Win or lose, there will be no kidnapping, torture or rape.

God, grant me the courage to do what I know is right, even when I think it is hopeless.

www.michiganmilitia.com

Old 05-23-2007, 03:19 PM   #8

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default News story on rape, Murder and Kidnapping?

Hello all

RON L here = SERESURPLUS

This is just another case of the Victems not being a newsworthy item to the Biased media! If thier had been a Minority, a gay, a Illegial Immigrant, see how they would have responded? It's a simple case of exactly why I carry 24/7! I don't run around in bad neighborhoods, nor do I aviod them? I don't buy thier dope, Pick up thier woman or try to blend into places that I can see are trouble! I don't see it as a race issue, I see it more an an Attitude problem? Far too much Black on Black Criime, Far too many I did it cause he was White, gay or Old? Folks that do that are Criminals and will always break the law! Hopefully for them, the Cops get to them before I do, as I'm licenced to carry, trained to Shoot for the 10 zone and I will re-load! The simple matter is, Folks do crime as they know or think they will get away with it?

RON L

Old 05-26-2007, 08:40 PM   #9

Believe me folks.... I know a few people who live in that area and the police and local european americans aren't going to tolerate that kind of crap! The whole African American community of that town will suffer for this not just the assailiants.

Old 05-26-2007, 10:14 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CitadelHead57 View Post
Believe me folks.... I know a few people who live in that area and the police and local european americans aren't going to tolerate that kind of crap! The whole African American community of that town will suffer for this not just the assailiants.
I certainly hope that's not the case. The perpetrators are the ONLY ones responsible for the crime, and they are the only ones who should be punished.

God, grant me the courage to do what I know is right, even when I think it is hopeless.

www.michiganmilitia.com