Country Songs that made you bawl... - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Country Songs that made you bawl...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2010, 03:24 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1288 Times on 728 Posts
Likes Given: 621

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzscubie View Post
JD,

Thanks, but no, it's a part of my life and happened many years ago. It's the God's way of getting me to get my priorities straight and letting me know what is really important in life, then Glass came into my life. You can't really know joy unless at sometime you know despair and hurt. I'm lucky I was able to learn and understand... some people never do.

Life is precious and can be gone in a moment. Thatís why I donít wait to do things I want to do and I encourage my boys to do it also. If you want to skydive Ö. Do it donít put it off, if you want to fly a planeÖ. Do it donít put it off. I hear so many people say ďI have always wanted to do thatĒ but they never did. Time, life is short and Iím not going to miss out on anything.
Dzscubie,That is exactly why I like you.You are a great human being. THB

Old 07-20-2010, 03:41 AM   #32

Liked 39 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txhillbilly View Post
Dzscubie,That is exactly why I like you.You are a great human being. THB

Thanks for the complement Hillbilly, but Iím just meÖ nothing more nothing less. I try to be nice to people because if youíre nice to someone itís really hard for them to be mean to you. Life is short so have fun with what you have. Besides I think you are the same way I am.. You treat people with respect and good humor. Glass and I would be proud to ride the river with you anytime.

Old 07-20-2010, 03:42 AM   #33

Liked 1288 Times on 728 Posts
Likes Given: 621

Back to the Thread. The song is by Randy Travis-He Walked on Water.

I was lucky enough to know my Great Grandfather on my moms side of the family,and my Great Grandmother on my dads.I still have very fond memories of them both,but my great grandfather taught me alot about the outdoors when I was young,and it broke my heart when he passed.

When this song came out,I cried like a baby!

Old 07-20-2010, 03:55 AM   #34

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts

Ok, time to lighten this a bit. I cry laughing everytime I hear, "I Made Linda Lovelace Gag" or something to that effect. I can't remember which country singer sings it. Dude spent time in prison I believe.

Scubie, I remember you telling me about your wife, but I don't recall you saying anyting about your young son being with her at the time. Sorry, but my allergies are acting up right now. I could not imagine dealing with that especially being a father and all. I think that is why the angels got you and Glass together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 07-20-2010, 04:02 AM   #35

Liked 39 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Ok, time to lighten this a bit. I cry laughing everytime I hear, "I Made Linda Lovelace Gag" or something to that effect. I can't remember which country singer sings it. Dude spent time in prison I believe.

Scubie, I remember you telling me about your wife, but I don't recall you saying anyting about your young son being with her at the time. Sorry, but my allergies are acting up right now. I could not imagine dealing with that especially being a father and all. I think that is why the angels got you and Glass together.

Thanks Skull,,, hey guys do a Google search for "The Rodeo Song" and if you find it play it... it's one of Glass's favorite song..CAUTION DO NOT PLAY AROUND CHILDREN.. REPEATE .. DO NOT PLAY AROUND CHILDREN..

Old 07-20-2010, 04:07 AM   #36

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post

David Allen Coe.....

Old 07-20-2010, 04:17 AM   #37

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
David Allen Coe.....
That's him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 07-20-2010, 12:54 PM   #38

Liked 40 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Maybe not bawl but two that really resonate with me are 'The Dance' by Garth Brooks and 'Tough Little Boys' by Gary Allen. I'm not much into country music but I'll definitely listen to this pair.

Old 07-20-2010, 02:59 PM   #39
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
David Allen Coe.....
He is awesome! I've just never seen him when i wasn't hammered; i think his work is better enjoyed that way, personally. When i found out he was a regular at Sam's Town in Tunica, i kept an eye out for him but never spotted him.

Old 07-20-2010, 03:04 PM   #40

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

So I'm the only one who has actually cried because of a song?

I'm not tough?

Am I a....
kenny-chesney-4.jpg