Could you actually do it? - Page 9
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Could you actually do it?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2013, 07:35 PM   #81
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

I found the post on only LEO and soldiers understanding the killing of other human beings. There were more people killed last year in Chicago than in Afganastan. Do you really think that the city is filled with emotional up set murders?

Old 02-24-2013, 07:39 PM   #82
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2997 Times on 1716 Posts
Likes Given: 17675

That little factoid does give light to one thing.!

That would be why all the medical professionals want to move to Florida..!

Old 02-24-2013, 07:45 PM   #83
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 588 Times on 378 Posts
Likes Given: 535

Default Shameless promotion of my own thread

just because it relates....

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/did-becoming-ccw-holder-change-your-attitude-79074/

"You can have it fast, cheap and accurate...pick any two."~Me

"Educate and Inform the whole mass of the people. Enable them to see that it is their interest to preserve peace and order, and they will preserve them." ~Thomas Jefferson
People Like This 
Old 02-24-2013, 07:51 PM   #84
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21315 Times on 12092 Posts
Likes Given: 53124

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatmydust View Post
Would any of you consider a warning shot on the way out, just to hasten his exit and make him think twice about another visit?

Remember, you don't have to be encircled by concertina and armed guards, just less desirable than others.

Just askin?
i don't believe in warning shots or wounding. you are simply eliminating a threat. if you miss or wound, so be it. but you have to be prepared that when you pull the trigger on another human being, intent on doing you harm, there is the possibility you will kill him to stop his attack. the only thing that needs to be in your mind if committing to having a firearm for SD, is that you will ue it to stop the threat, period. not warning, not wounding, not killing, but stopping that threat.

the BG made a decision to break into your home. he made a choice. make him regret that choice.
Old 02-24-2013, 07:56 PM   #85
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2997 Times on 1716 Posts
Likes Given: 17675

Quote:
Originally Posted by activereality View Post
To caveat in the warning shot.

You just told the possibly armed intruder exactly where you are. Guess which direction their weapon will be pointed at next?
Touche........!

Old 02-24-2013, 08:01 PM   #86
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 588 Times on 378 Posts
Likes Given: 535

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
i don't believe in warning shots or wounding. you are simply eliminating a threat. if you miss or wound, so be it. but you have to be prepared that when you pull the trigger on another human being, intent on doing you harm, there is the possibility you will kill him to stop his attack. the only thing that needs to be in your mind if committing to having a firearm for SD, is that you will ue it to stop the threat, period. not warning, not wounding, not killing, but stopping that threat.

the BG made a decision to break into your home. he made a choice. make him regret that choice.

This is what my dear ol daddy told me about firearms and bad guys.

"Using a gun for self defense is a commitment to use force and if they're worth shooting once, they're worth shooting five times."

"You can have it fast, cheap and accurate...pick any two."~Me

"Educate and Inform the whole mass of the people. Enable them to see that it is their interest to preserve peace and order, and they will preserve them." ~Thomas Jefferson
People Like This 
Old 02-24-2013, 08:09 PM   #87
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7025 Times on 4228 Posts
Likes Given: 8468

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY View Post
Thats the thing- Chances are there will be no time to think about much
Be hell to kill someone over a "thing"-
Worse for you or yours to get hurt or worse---
Hellova thing to have to ponder on --
We have the ability to process things in our minds quite quickly. I'm not saying I would ponder it for 15 seconds or so, but our thoughts can run very quickly through our minds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
Winds, this is simple in my way of thinking. there is a difference between robbery and a home invasion. the simple theif looking for a quick payday in boosting your flatscreen tv and laptop isgoing to come in and do his business when no one is home. he doesn't want a confrontation with the homeowner. he wants in and out as quick as possible and no fuss or mess.

a home invasion in the middle of the night robbery is a total different situation
More complicated for me. When I'm working (), I work at night and sleep in the day. Maybe someone coming into my home during the day will be surprised that someone is home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatmydust View Post
Would any of you consider a warning shot on the way out, just to hasten his exit and make him think twice about another visit?
I would not fire a warning shot. I was going to say "never" but maybe there's a situation I'm just not thinking of. If I'm ever going to fire my gun in a self defense situation, it will not be a warning shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by activereality View Post
To caveat in the warning shot.

You just told the possibly armed intruder exactly where you are. Guess which direction their weapon will be pointed at next?
I'm not sure if the loud report of a firearm going off in a home will alert an intruder as to where you are. My home is very small. To shoot a firearm in my home, the sound would fill the whole house completely.

But again, I can't think of a situation in which I'd fire a warning shot. Anytime you fire a round from your firearm, you are responsible for where it lands and what it hits.
dango Likes This 
Old 02-24-2013, 08:15 PM   #88
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 736 Times on 543 Posts
Likes Given: 221

Of course!

"...from my cold dead hands" Charlton Heston & NRA
"He which hath no stomach to this fight,/ Let him depart." Henry V

dango Likes This 
Old 02-24-2013, 08:19 PM   #89
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21315 Times on 12092 Posts
Likes Given: 53124

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
We have the ability to process things in our minds quite quickly. I'm not saying I would ponder it for 15 seconds or so, but our thoughts can run very quickly through our minds.

More complicated for me. When I'm working (), I work at night and sleep in the day. Maybe someone coming into my home during the day will be surprised that someone is home.

I would not fire a warning shot. I was going to say "never" but maybe there's a situation I'm just not thinking of. If I'm ever going to fire my gun in a self defense situation, it will not be a warning shot.

I'm not sure if the loud report of a firearm going off in a home will alert an intruder as to where you are. My home is very small. To shoot a firearm in my home, the sound would fill the whole house completely.

But again, I can't think of a situation in which I'd fire a warning shot. Anytime you fire a round from your firearm, you are responsible for where it lands and what it hits.
very good points Winds. you are thinking and asking questions. making the decision to possibly kill another human being is not an easy decision or one to make lightly. i made the decision many years ago and thought long and hard. if the remotest of possiblities ever arises that i have to shoot and kill another person to defend myself or my loved ones, then the easiest way i can think to put it is this way, either them or myself or loved ones. no question. no i don't want to ever have to take another human beings life, but they should never put themselves into the situation that forces me to have to do it in the first place.

on the night shift thing. i know exactly what you're talking about. i worked night shifts for many years, so i completely understand your reasoning. if the ood chance it were to happen, the intruder would probably soil his britches when he realized someone was home!
Old 02-24-2013, 10:17 PM   #90
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1199 Times on 584 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I truely believe that if you break into my home, you are asking for whatever I can give you. With that typed, yes I believe I can shoot someone breaking into my home.

A bad day at the range is better then a good day on the job!