Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Could you actually do it?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2013, 12:04 PM   #71
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2454 Times on 1441 Posts
Likes Given: 1359

Always better to need a shrink than a coroner!
Old 02-24-2013, 02:58 PM   #72
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6689 Times on 4044 Posts
Likes Given: 7958

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloeshooter View Post
In my state (Minnesota) that would get you a 2nd or 3rd degree murder charge. You can't shoot someone for stealing your property here, you have to be in immediate danger to shoot and a shot to the back of a fleeing perp doesn't cut it.
I don't think I would kill someone over stealing my computer, TV, car, etc. And if he's leaving, I let him go and let the police deal with it. I would only shoot to kill if my life or the lives of my family members were in immanent danger.
dango Likes This 
Old 02-24-2013, 03:01 PM   #73

Liked 2175 Times on 1468 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
I don't think I would kill someone over stealing my computer, TV, car, etc. And if he's leaving, I let him go and let the police deal with it. I would only shoot to kill if my life or the lives of my family members were in immanent danger.
Or he was in the house & you didn't know WHAT he wanted -

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

dango Likes This 
Old 02-24-2013, 03:36 PM   #74
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6689 Times on 4044 Posts
Likes Given: 7958

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY View Post
Or he was in the house & you didn't know WHAT he wanted -
If I was home and an intruder was approaching my bedroom, or wherever I was, he better watch out. I would have to evaluate the situation. Was he armed? Is he grabbing the computer and running out the door? Is he searching for me? Etc......
dango Likes This 
Old 02-24-2013, 05:39 PM   #75

Liked 2175 Times on 1468 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
If I was home and an intruder was approaching my bedroom, or wherever I was, he better watch out. I would have to evaluate the situation. Was he armed? Is he grabbing the computer and running out the door? Is he searching for me? Etc......
Thats the thing- Chances are there will be no time to think about much
Be hell to kill someone over a "thing"-
Worse for you or yours to get hurt or worse---
Hellova thing to have to ponder on --

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

dango Likes This 
Old 02-24-2013, 07:00 PM   #76
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19607 Times on 11129 Posts
Likes Given: 49359

Quote:
Quote:
Winds, this is simple in my way of thinking. there is a difference between robbery and a home invasion. the simple theif looking for a quick payday in boosting your flatscreen tv and laptop isgoing to come in and do his business when no one is home. he doesn't want a confrontation with the homeowner. he wants in and out as quick as possible and no fuss or mess.

a home invasion in the middle of the night robbery is a total different situation. they know that people are home, and they don't care and see you as a potential witness if they are caught. they are either very dangerous or brazen enough toenter your home with you there or are high on drugs and just really don't care. either way they are the most dangerous of criminals to enter your home. look up home invasions when the homeowners were unarmed. most cases it ended very badly for them. beaten, shot, stabbed, raped and even many times killed. they make no distinction for age or gender and treat anyone there as potential victims for their bloodlust. they may or may not steal your property when they are done either. someone with this thinking truly concerns me and i feel they need to be put down and as quick as possible before they can endanger my loved ones or myself

BeagleSam, in reply to your post. if i shot at an intruder and only wounded him or missed him alltogether, and he was exiting my home, no sir i would not fire upon a fleeing intruder. you have the right to eliminate or stop a threat. when they leave, then in the eyes of the law, they are considered no longer a threat. if you pursue them, you just went from a potential victim, defending your life or property to a predator. and if you then shot them, there is a possibility that cahrges could be filed against you for manslaughter or even murder. and they will potray you as a bloodthirsty killer in court. just something to think about.
Old 02-24-2013, 07:05 PM   #77
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2746 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 16747

Got to agree AXXE55...! If perp knows someone is home , odds are he has prepared to protect his nasty ass at your expense........!

Old 02-24-2013, 07:14 PM   #78
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2454 Times on 1441 Posts
Likes Given: 1359

Would any of you consider a warning shot on the way out, just to hasten his exit and make him think twice about another visit?

Remember, you don't have to be encircled by concertina and armed guards, just less desirable than others.

Just askin?

Old 02-24-2013, 07:24 PM   #79
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2746 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 16747

Never , ever a warning shot..! My luck is that that bullet would hit some pipe , wire , something that would make me wish I would a shot him in the first place.....!

Old 02-24-2013, 07:32 PM   #80

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts

To caveat in the warning shot.

You just told the possibly armed intruder exactly where you are. Guess which direction their weapon will be pointed at next?