Could you actually do it? - Page 7
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Could you actually do it?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2013, 03:02 AM   #61
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3527 Times on 1962 Posts
Likes Given: 19458

After reading all the text here , (The EYES and EARS) of the WORLD are watching and waiting to see how and what we do..!

I think we are at a state that we will make HISTORY again , either way!

We could still be (BOWING) to the (QUEEN)..! We won our independence once before..! A country divided..? I will try to be more tolerant and understanding
with my fellow man and I will cover your back , don't really care what you eat,
pray to , the color of your skin or any other differences.

Now is the time for (THE COMMON GOOD) , THE CONSTITUTION..!

Old 02-24-2013, 03:12 AM   #62

Liked 71 Times on 59 Posts

Yes, because only god gets to decide when I die.

Old 02-24-2013, 03:18 AM   #63

Liked 257 Times on 150 Posts
Likes Given: 185

I used to have the macho ideology that if the time ever came I would kill and not even have remorse about it. Now, since I've matured a lot and actually thought about it and practiced myself for a situation , it isn't as simple as that. The more I've thought about it the more I've wondered how I would react in a life or death situation. Will I hesitate? Will I pull the trigger without thinking? How will I react mentally afterwards? These are just a few of the things I've pondered and so far I haven't found a solid answer for any of them. I've made my mind up that I will always carry, always practice, and always keep a level head about myself so that if someday the need arises for deadly force I will have given myself all the tools I need to make sure my family and I live and the other person doesn't. I've never pulled my gun, flashed my gun, or even laid my hand on my gun out of anger, and I pray I never do. But, if someday I find myself in that situation I pray my aim be straight and my mind be clear.

Old 02-24-2013, 04:17 AM   #64
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22027 Times on 12418 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devin556 View Post
I used to have the macho ideology that if the time ever came I would kill and not even have remorse about it. Now, since I've matured a lot and actually thought about it and practiced myself for a situation , it isn't as simple as that. The more I've thought about it the more I've wondered how I would react in a life or death situation. Will I hesitate? Will I pull the trigger without thinking? How will I react mentally afterwards? These are just a few of the things I've pondered and so far I haven't found a solid answer for any of them. I've made my mind up that I will always carry, always practice, and always keep a level head about myself so that if someday the need arises for deadly force I will have given myself all the tools I need to make sure my family and I live and the other person doesn't. I've never pulled my gun, flashed my gun, or even laid my hand on my gun out of anger, and I pray I never do. But, if someday I find myself in that situation I pray my aim be straight and my mind be clear.
Devin, conteplating even the remote possibility of taking another persons life, even if that person is the most hell bent evil human being there is, is not an easy decision to make and because you have thought long and hard and seem to have come to terms with it means you still retain your humanity. i have huge respect for that. your instincts are what will guide you is the best way to explain it. when yourself or a loved one lives are in danger, your instincts will take over to do what is neccesary to defend them.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:05 AM   #65
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22027 Times on 12418 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

i will add another some of my opinions as well. anyone who states they can very easily take a life and not have second thoughts and even question themselves might need to re-evaluate themselves. taking a life, even someone intent on doing harm to you is no easy decision to make. any of us regardless of what we may think of ourselves will truly never know what we are going to feel like afterwards until it happens. yes i made that decision many years ago, and also know that there will be a change in myself afterwards that i will have to live with for the rest of my life. taking a life isn't something done casually or without consquences afterwards.

i think we should never lose sight of our humanity and realize that if put into that position that we can and will do what is neccesary todefend ourselves or our loved ones but also remember that there is the possibilty that we may need to seek counseling afterwards. i hope i never have someone to place me into the position that requires me to take a life and pray i don't have to find out what it's like to have to live with it for the rest of my life.

i think that part of us will mostly regret that someone put us into that situation where we have no other choice than to take a life to save a life. but if it's a choice, between me and mine over them, i will just have to find a way to deal with the pain of taking a life and be glad i could save one as well. carrying is a huge responsiblity and carries a heavy burden and it's sad we live in world where we may have to resort to killing another human being just to survive or to protect our own loved ones.

Old 02-24-2013, 12:04 PM   #66
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3358 Times on 1914 Posts
Likes Given: 2198

If you own a firearm, and you are home to intercept an intruder, you had better be able to muster the will to use that firearm in defense of your life and the lives of your loved ones.

Is there any doubt, in any of your minds, that an individual brazen and immoral enough to break into your home, for any reason, would think twice about using a weapon (your weapon) against you and others, to facilitate their desires and escape?

If you cannot muster that will, I recommend you buy and ALWAYS store your guns in a gun vault or sell ALL of your firearms, for they are more of a liability to you and yours, than a protective asset.

Suffering the regret of ending the life of a major threat to your family's lives pales in comparison to the regret you'd feel knowing that you could have intervened in saving the life of a loved one and chose not to

God give us all peace and resolve.

Old 02-24-2013, 12:26 PM   #67

Liked 701 Times on 490 Posts
Likes Given: 1109

If I were face to face with an intruder I would have no problem pulling the trigger. I have often wondered though what I would do if the intruder were going out the door.

Old 02-24-2013, 12:32 PM   #68
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7198 Times on 3653 Posts
Likes Given: 7981

Sure there will be distress after but one must be prepared to do whatever it takes to Survive to fight another day! If ive got mental issues after, I can get a shrink later but im pretty sure the other guy is going to need a coroner!

Old 02-24-2013, 12:51 PM   #69

Liked 2182 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaglesam View Post
If I were face to face with an intruder I would have no problem pulling the trigger. I have often wondered though what I would do if the intruder were going out the door.
Hope he falls back in when you shoot him

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

beaglesam Likes This 
Old 02-24-2013, 01:04 PM   #70

Liked 2051 Times on 1072 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaglesam View Post
In my state (Minnesota) that would get you a 2nd or 3rd degree murder charge. You can't shoot someone for stealing your property here, you have to be in immediate danger to shoot and a shot to the back of a fleeing perp doesn't cut it.