Could you actually do it? - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Could you actually do it?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2013, 09:36 PM   #41
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 362 Times on 230 Posts
Likes Given: 157

Quote:
Originally Posted by activereality View Post
I might think of this the wrong way. But when someone threatens the life of myself or my family and are actively taking action on that threat(pointing a weapon of any sort, and note I said weapon. Not gun or knife. If This person is utilizing a tool to hurt and kill , It is a weapon and no longer has the characteristics of a tool). At this point the person's intent, as perceived by me, nulls any rights as a free thinking and speaking citizen of the USA. At that point this person is only a threat. They have nullified their right to even have rights. This person will receive no mercy, no pardon, and deserves only the delay of a natural trigger reset. Any law that stands in my way is useless and , at that point, needs not be headed. I will not hurt someone without cause. But when the time for attack has come I will hurt my enemy so that they may not hurt me or mine.

Training and familiarization of a weapon is key to this. If you cannot comfortably manipulate the tools you are using to defend your, they are useless. This means actively training and using all tools that can be used defensively. Whether is be a hand gun, hammer, pipe from a closet, anything that will be able to bring force to the enemy will do. Weapons of opportunity are just that. Any tool can be picked up and used in defense of life and our natural rights.

Then again. I may just be another "violence" statistic since I am a Marine.
Thank you for your service to our country. I hope you are an oath keeper, they are the best. And your philosophy is golden. Thank you

Haven't got a lot, I don't need a lot. Coffee's only a dime. Living in the sunlight, Loving in the moonlight, Having a wonderful time!

I CAME, I SAW, I CONQUERED...
dango Likes This 
Old 02-21-2013, 09:47 PM   #42
Table of Warriors prospect
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6741 Times on 3684 Posts
Likes Given: 13289

Great men die and the world goes on.

Bad men die and the world goes on.

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

People Like This 
Old 02-21-2013, 11:00 PM   #43

Liked 1101 Times on 676 Posts
Likes Given: 2389

Reminds me in a way of the paper by Col. Jeff Cooper I believe it was...about sheep and sheep dogs?

Anywho, its really a tough discussion. I have no doubt that doing so would leave me a changed man.

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

dango Likes This 
Old 02-21-2013, 11:19 PM   #44

Liked 1793 Times on 999 Posts
Likes Given: 1175

I am an Army vet. I have no doubt that I could do what I have to do. Now how I would feel about it later...well this is a different story. If that terrible day ever comes I will deal with it then. I am a member of the IDPA. I train quite often. I go to the range several times a month. Sometimes more than once a week in good weather. I believe I am as prepaired as I can be.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

dango Likes This 
Old 02-23-2013, 02:19 PM   #45
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7007 Times on 4214 Posts
Likes Given: 8433

Quote:
Originally Posted by molonlabexx View Post
I was always told by many people including a sheriff to kill the beasterd. Otherwise they will sue the crap out fo you. Those are their words, not mine. But I can see where they are coming from with statements like that. Thoughts?
But that intruder would probably have family who would be very willing to sue you. I think when you shoot and kill to defend yourself or your family you don't just brush the dust off your hands and walk away. It'll be legal issues for a long time and, at least for me, some serious emotional trauma.

Quote:
My father recently got his CCW and he really hasn't said much. He liked the class and understood the content of it. Going to be having a talk with him this weekend and present to him what he needs to know. It's not as simple as putting a pistol in your pocket and grabbing some groceries. There is mental and physical standards to abide by. Know the law, and be a good shot.
I think there are some here who do exactly that..........get their CCW, put a pistol on their hip and think they're good to go. Never giving much thought to all the responsibility that goes along with it all. Those people kind of frighten me.

Quote:
Thanks for that post by cane. Very informative and needed that information. I recommend everyone read that. Thanks again!
And read it again and again and again and again.........
There's a lot of information there and it is a very serious issue to educate yourself on.
dango Likes This 
Old 02-23-2013, 03:08 PM   #46

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

At first thought I would reply yes! But after considering the situation I would have to make that call due to the scenario. I have a ten month old son and a three year old daughter and my fiancé at home so of course I would want to protect them. But there is a mental debate I have and that is if I take down an intruder in front of them or they see the after math than what kind of mental damage did I do to my family? About a year ago I chased off a chemically messed up kid trying to open our front door. He was drunk and aggravated and I ran him off with my shotgun. That experience made me think long and hard about how to handle protecting my home and family. I assessed the situation before confronting the kid and decided not to load my gun because he was a young kid and didn't appear to be a threat. If he had tried to attack me than I would have just swung at him with my shotgun like a bat.

Now on the other hand if someone did break into my house I would definitely load my firearm and assess the situation from there. If I didn't feel that the intruder was of much harm than I would like to say I would hold him until police arrived and make it very clear to him how bad of a mistake he made trying to steal from me and harm my family and make it very very clear that I'm giving him a second chance by not splattering his insides all over my walls!

Just my thoughts but as I stated I would have to make my decision based on the scenario.

Old 02-23-2013, 04:04 PM   #47
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2983 Times on 1710 Posts
Likes Given: 17581

I have a theory. Redundancy..! After the FBI MIAMI incident , I did a lot of research on why such a major fail by so called "HIGHLY SKILLED" agents ?.

In all my research , two things stood out , (RED FLAGS).!
The 9mm. just wasn't effective enough.! That was the re-birth of the "Bren-10mm" slightly scaled down from the "Bren" , but highly effective!

First problems with the new 10mm. rounds ? A bit much for the less than highly skilled shooters.! THUS The birth of the .40.! Plenty of downing punch and easier to handle than the 10mm. !

TWO-and very important.!(MIND-SET) of the criminal minds ! Through psychological "Profiling" the criminals hand the edge every time ! Even more important than choice of caliber.

This profile showed the difference in "mind-set" between the average agent and the average life time criminal.

The agents , no-matter how skilled and experience , he had a 3 times longer reaction time than the criminal. WHY..?

NO thought just kill , (NO-THOUGHT) machine like! What they changed in there training methods was that redundancy of doing the same over and over and over,etc. (MUSCLE-MEMORY) , No thought , just shoot. No matter
how hard they trained , the many could not (DETACH) or UN-plug to machine like action. They were just simply too human , too thinking.!

Knowing this , I try to disconnect all the time and just let the "Machine" take over.! To act , no thought , just to act.! It's why and how I target shoot all the time. See it and shoot it. No stance one way anything. Random action from any distance or position very aware of all that is around me , cover , etc..! Just let it flow , like Martial Arts sparing..!

Have I succeeded much ? I'm gonna "PUNK-OUT" here and plea the 5th..!
I truly hope I never have to find out..?

Old 02-23-2013, 05:28 PM   #48

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts

James Yeager quoted another instructor once. Saying that " you do not train until you get it right. You train until you can not get it wrong." That is the mindset I established in the military and attempt to carry on today. You work it until you can no longer think or possibly do it any other way but the perfect way. Another example of this. Is practice does not make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect. Start small and work big. When the time comes don't concentrate on the whole event. Concentrate only on survival. Use your head. Above all. We(as a culture and society) want the responsible citizens to walk away from a conflict. And for those that give their lives to protect others. I don't mourn them. I miss their bravery and applause their crazy assed tactics that win the day for the group. Even while paying the ultimate price they were brave enough to get the job done. No matter what the cost to themselves was. They are true heroes. And as a former poster wrote " I can only pray I am never put in that situation ". War is so much different ad a civilian.

Old 02-23-2013, 05:34 PM   #49

Liked 157 Times on 117 Posts
Likes Given: 43

I'm not comfortable taking a life,that's why I have a .44 magnum for home defense,I could be way off in my way of thinking,but I feel like there is a chance my shot fired could be off and hit the BG's shoulder or something like that,and being a .44 mag he will still drop with one shot,saving mine and his life.I don't like the idea of pumping 10 rounds of .32 or something like that into him,hoping he will stop and knowing he will surely die after he does stop.

S&W 915 9mm
Mossberg 500 Mariner 12ga
1945 Win 94
Ruger MKIII 22/45 4"
Savage MK II
Ruger SP101 .357
Kung-Fu Moves

dango Likes This 
Old 02-23-2013, 05:37 PM   #50
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 322 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 112

Sad part is, if you do take a life defending your family members or yourself, depending on the state you live in, you can almost rest assured 100% you will be sued by the family of the person you shot. The Stand Your Ground (outside the home) or the Castle Doctrine (inside your home) laws are being shot to pieces in courtrooms more and more each day. If you have no other option - don't hesitate. Just know that in most cases, the issue will be far from over at that point.

"The government did not write the constitution to give rights to the people. The people wrote the constitution to limit the government's power."

LIFETIME NRA MEMBER SINCE 1977

dango Likes This