Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Could you actually do it?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2013, 09:03 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2175 Times on 1468 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by molonlabexx View Post
I was always told by many people including a sheriff to kill the beasterd. Otherwise they will sue the crap out fo you. Those are their words, not mine. But I can see where they are coming from with statements like that. Thoughts?
AGREE!!!!
I've seen at least one reply with a "shoot to wound" ---
#1 you won't be thinking that if the time comes & #2 you most likely WUD get sued
Hell, with all the lawyers druming up business on TV i'm surprised theres not a couple saying "Have you been a shooting victim just because you broke into the wrong house? Call the Hammer! I'll make'm pay!"

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Last edited by HOSSFLY; 02-21-2013 at 09:06 PM.

Old 02-21-2013, 09:06 PM   #32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 312 Times on 194 Posts
Likes Given: 149

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloeshooter View Post
see if you can get that in writing lol
I doubt that, especially from the sheriff. Honor system?

Haven't got a lot, I don't need a lot. Coffee's only a dime. Living in the sunlight, Loving in the moonlight, Having a wonderful time!

I CAME, I SAW, I CONQUERED...

Old 02-21-2013, 09:07 PM   #33
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY View Post
AGREE!!!!
I've seen at least one reply with a "shoot to wound" ---
#1 you won't be thinking that if the time comes & #2 you most likely WUD get sued
Hell, with all the lawyers druming up business on TV i'm surprised theres not a couple saying "Have you been a shooting victim just because you broke into the wrong house? Call the Hammer! I'll make'm pay!"
Hopefully the guy will have warrants. My finger slipped officer.

Haven't got a lot, I don't need a lot. Coffee's only a dime. Living in the sunlight, Loving in the moonlight, Having a wonderful time!

Old 02-21-2013, 09:09 PM   #34

Liked 223 Times on 139 Posts

I'm not sure the hesitation for some people is actually from not wanting to kill,but just hesitation from fear in the face of danger... Some people just freeze up,I guess bc their fight or flight doesn't kick in.

But in scenarios where life and death is involved do reportedly happen in a very short time span,I just don't see most people's conscience coming into play here in that short of time.

Of the few times where I've been in enough danger for my adrenaline to start pumping my thoughts are singular,abrupt,and concise.

It's act... Or don't act.

Cars coming towards you?... Oh ****,move!

Somebody takes a swing at you,oh ****,swing back!

Person comes over on you on highway,oh ****,swerve out the way!

I see this carrying on to a shooting situation.

Someone shoots at you, oh ****,shoot back!

Just in my experience,when I perceive that im in danger i seem to just act,for better or worse... i never recall any thinking involved, and its kept me alive for 21 years,i just hope the trend continues.

Old 02-21-2013, 09:10 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by molonlabexx View Post
Hopefully the guy will have warrants. My finger slipped officer.
If it a justified shooting it won't matter- Course i'm sure the difinition varies state to state--

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 02-21-2013, 09:11 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstrong View Post
I'm not sure the hesitation for some people is actually from not wanting to kill,but just hesitation from fear in the face of danger... Some people just freeze up,I guess bc their fight or flight doesn't kick in.

But in scenarios where life and death is involved do reportedly happen in a very short time span,I just don't see most people's conscience coming into play here in that short of time.

Of the few times where I've been in enough danger for my adrenaline to start pumping my thoughts are singular,abrupt,and concise.

It's act... Or don't act.

Cars coming towards you?... Oh ****,move!

Somebody takes a swing at you,oh ****,swing back!

Person comes over on you on highway,oh ****,swerve out the way!

I see this carrying on to a shooting situation.

Someone shoots at you, oh ****,shoot back!

Just in my experience,when I perceive that im in danger i seem to just act,for better or worse... i never recall any thinking involved, and its kept me alive for 21 years,i just hope the trend continues.
Called instinct

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 02-21-2013, 09:12 PM   #37
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
If it a justified shooting it won't matter- Course i'm sure the difinition varies state to state--
Yeah I guess so!

Quote:
Called instinct
I second that. Reaction and training.

Old 02-21-2013, 09:15 PM   #38

My wife does not think that a person who breaks into a house should be killed. I think that the person deserves a whole lot of lead heading their way. She asked me one time, "How would you feel if you shot and killed an intruder?" I replied, "Alive and satisfied and will be glad that you and the kids are safe."

Old 02-21-2013, 09:33 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidyhowareya View Post
My wife does not think that a person who breaks into a house should be killed. I think that the person deserves a whole lot of lead heading their way. She asked me one time, "How would you feel if you shot and killed an intruder?" I replied, "Alive and satisfied and will be glad that you and the kids are safe."
Question---"What did you feel when you shot the intruder?"
Answer---"RECOIL"

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 02-21-2013, 09:34 PM   #40

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts

I might think of this the wrong way. But when someone threatens the life of myself or my family and are actively taking action on that threat(pointing a weapon of any sort, and note I said weapon. Not gun or knife. If This person is utilizing a tool to hurt and kill , It is a weapon and no longer has the characteristics of a tool). At this point the person's intent, as perceived by me, nulls any rights as a free thinking and speaking citizen of the USA. At that point this person is only a threat. They have nullified their right to even have rights. This person will receive no mercy, no pardon, and deserves only the delay of a natural trigger reset. Any law that stands in my way is useless and , at that point, needs not be headed. I will not hurt someone without cause. But when the time for attack has come I will hurt my enemy so that they may not hurt me or mine.

Training and familiarization of a weapon is key to this. If you cannot comfortably manipulate the tools you are using to defend your, they are useless. This means actively training and using all tools that can be used defensively. Whether is be a hand gun, hammer, pipe from a closet, anything that will be able to bring force to the enemy will do. Weapons of opportunity are just that. Any tool can be picked up and used in defense of life and our natural rights.

Then again. I may just be another "violence" statistic since I am a Marine.

Newest Threads