Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Could you actually do it?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2013, 08:21 PM   #21
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 842 Times on 405 Posts
Likes Given: 80

I took lives in defense of my country, I know damn well I would in defending my home my family, or someone else's family. I hate thugs and bad peope!

JP-US Naval Aviation AMSC 20 years ( retired)
also US Naval Academy Shooting Instructor (Annapolis) and shooting team
Alway keep your six covered

People Like This 
Old 02-21-2013, 08:37 PM   #22

Liked 181 Times on 134 Posts

I have a very protective nature, so if the day comes I see someone being hurt or threatened I would b there and ready to do what needs done. My self in harms way though, I do believe I could possibly hesitate but in the end I'm confident I'd make the right choice. I've just always put others before my self. let's just hope that day never comes we have to draw and possibly fire but still prepared everyday we leave the house

Old 02-21-2013, 08:38 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 328 Times on 204 Posts
Likes Given: 149

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dearhunter View Post
I took lives in defense of my country, I know damn well I would in defending my home my family, or someone else's family. I hate thugs and bad peope!
Thank you for your service. I hate punks and as you said, bad people.

Haven't got a lot, I don't need a lot. Coffee's only a dime. Living in the sunlight, Loving in the moonlight, Having a wonderful time!

I CAME, I SAW, I CONQUERED...
dango Likes This 
Old 02-21-2013, 08:46 PM   #24
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6750 Times on 4078 Posts
Likes Given: 8063

I mull this question over and over and over. I think I could defend myself or my loved ones with lethal results. It would be DAMNED hard for me to do. I would 'what if' myself crazy afterwards, too. Therapy would be needed to help me get my mental feet back under me again. I would shoot before I let someone hurt or kill me or mine. But I hope I never, ever, ever, ever be put in that situation.

If/when conceal carry comes to Illinois, I will get my CCL. But I'm not sure if I'd carry right away. I think too many people carry without really realizing what it all entails.

Let this be an eye opener. When I read this I realized there were so many factors I never even thought about. I would much easier be able to defend myself or my family members in our homes than in the streets.

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/read-before-you-decide-carry-67036/

People Like This 
Old 02-21-2013, 08:48 PM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1770 Times on 919 Posts
Likes Given: 353

I am sure I would feel conflict about killing another person. If not, what kind of a person would I be? The prospect of a body riddled with bullets in my home is not a happy one. But as long as it be of an intruder and not a family member, I can accept that as their choice, not mine.

The only hesitation I might have would be related to target identification (ie: make sure I'm not shooting at a friendly). Other than that, there is a reason I practice at the range, practice retrieving my pistol from the nightstand - to be prepared should the day come. Like most of us here, I hope that day never does come.

Old 02-21-2013, 08:51 PM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I was always told by many people including a sheriff to kill the beasterd. Otherwise they will sue the crap out fo you. Those are their words, not mine. But I can see where they are coming from with statements like that. Thoughts?

Haven't got a lot, I don't need a lot. Coffee's only a dime. Living in the sunlight, Loving in the moonlight, Having a wonderful time!

dango Likes This 
Old 02-21-2013, 08:53 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
I mull this question over and over and over. I think I could defend myself or my loved ones with lethal results. It would be DAMNED hard for me to do. I would 'what if' myself crazy afterwards, too. Therapy would be needed to help me get my mental feet back under me again. I would shoot before I let someone hurt or kill me or mine. But I hope I never, ever, ever, ever be put in that situation.

If/when conceal carry comes to Illinois, I will get my CCL. But I'm not sure if I'd carry right away. I think too many people carry without really realizing what it all entails.

Let this be an eye opener. When I read this I realized there were so many factors I never even thought about. I would much easier be able to defend myself or my family members in our homes than in the streets.

Thanks for that post by cane. Very informative and needed that information. I recommend everyone read that. Thanks again!

dango Likes This 
Old 02-21-2013, 08:55 PM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1770 Times on 919 Posts
Likes Given: 353

Quote:
Originally Posted by molonlabexx View Post
I was always told by many people including a sheriff to kill the beasterd. Otherwise they will sue the crap out fo you. Those are their words, not mine. But I can see where they are coming from with statements like that. Thoughts?
see if you can get that in writing lol
People Like This 
Old 02-21-2013, 08:56 PM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloeshooter View Post
I am sure I would feel conflict about killing another person. If not, what kind of a person would I be? The prospect of a body riddled with bullets in my home is not a happy one. But as long as it be of an intruder and not a family member, I can accept that as their choice, not mine.

The only hesitation I might have would be related to target identification (ie: make sure I'm not shooting at a friendly). Other than that, there is a reason I practice at the range, practice retrieving my pistol from the nightstand - to be prepared should the day come. Like most of us here, I hope that day never does come.
Practice makes perfect! The best thing to do is never put yourself in a position where you have to use your firearm. It is a great feeling, even for home defense, to know that you are armed and you CAN defend yourself. On the contrary, it is worrying that there are so many laws that seem against you. Do I shoot? Do I run? My father recently got his CCW and he really hasn't said much. He liked the class and understood the content of it. Going to be having a talk with him this weekend and present to him what he needs to know. It's not as simple as putting a pistol in your pocket and grabbing some groceries. There is mental and physical standards to abide by. Know the law, and be a good shot. Wish things were as simple as they were back then. But they aren't, we need to learn to adapt.

dango Likes This 
Old 02-21-2013, 08:56 PM   #30

Liked 2176 Times on 1468 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post

Well said & i believe a 100% truthfull reply!

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

dango Likes This 

Newest Threads