Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Could you actually do it?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2013, 04:55 AM   #111
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 54 Times on 34 Posts

I would just grit my teeth and pull the trigger untili hear that famous click

Old 02-25-2013, 11:12 AM   #112

Liked 2149 Times on 1450 Posts
Likes Given: 1172

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthjkf View Post
I would just grit my teeth and pull the trigger untili hear that famous click
Hopefully you would NOT hear a click

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

People Like This 
Old 02-25-2013, 02:48 PM   #113

Liked 824 Times on 592 Posts
Likes Given: 818

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Those of us who have served... be it Military or LEO... understand that taking human life is NOT a natural act for a sane person.

All of us went through months or years of training to able to do this without hesitation, should a threat warrent it.

Those who have done it are loath to discuss it... those who have not, hope they never need to.

...and despite training, there still those who, at the moment of truth, hesitate

All I can tell you is that if you had no training, get some, and if you've had some training, get more.

We would all like to think we've got what it takes to do this in order to protect ourselves and our loved ones but until the choice is forced upon you, you just don't know... and the only peperation for it is found in training.

Did I say, get some training?

Tack
Could not have said it better...............

When all else fails.

dango Likes This 
Old 02-25-2013, 06:42 PM   #114
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 180 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 276

Quote:
Originally Posted by molonlabexx View Post
I got a question from a friend a while back. He asked if I could actually take a life in pure home defense. At first it made me think and then I realized, better his than mine (please note I am not pre meditating anything). Could you guys do it? Why? I am simply curious to see what your thoughts on a bad guy in the house and how you guys mentally handle this sort of thing
I have to premise my response with this; With over 30 years working in the medical arena, in the operating room, in the intensive care unit, and in the emergency room, I can tell you that I know what projectiles do to human flesh.

I have seen the cost to families, as well. I am, a pro-gun person, because the unchecked, "bad guys" can, and do these things to others. I have no desire to do these things to other humans, myself.

If my "castle" has a back door, I am likely to go out the back door as the baduns come in the front. But I will leave with my weapon in hand.

If I get into a position where I cannot withdraw, and deadly force is warranted, I will kill, to prevent the death and damage I have seen at work, from happening to me or my family members.

There are hard chargers out there who will find fault with how I feel about leaving my "castle", people who want to believe they will shoot the bad guys "coming in the door".

Excluding our veterans and police members who have different experiences, a lot of people who would shoot other people have only their TVs as their source of experience with this serious act.

GOA,NRA
Old Bolt Actions,
One round at a time.

"This is my Mosin,
There are many like it,
And three or so are mine."

People Like This 
Old 02-25-2013, 06:56 PM   #115

Liked 9185 Times on 5049 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I think that is a very legitimate course of action, especially if you're able to have your family at hand for a quick egress or you live alone.

But, if one lived in a two story house, with a kid upstairs and down, that may not be even remotely feasible.

Old 02-25-2013, 08:35 PM   #116
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 180 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 276

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
I think that is a very legitimate course of action, especially if you're able to have your family at hand for a quick egress or you live alone.

But, if one lived in a two story house, with a kid upstairs and down, that may not be even remotely feasible.
Like I said, if unable to remove myself and mine from threat, and deadly force is required, I would kill.

GOA,NRA
Old Bolt Actions,
One round at a time.

"This is my Mosin,
There are many like it,
And three or so are mine."

dango Likes This 
Old 02-25-2013, 10:36 PM   #117
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 765 Times on 401 Posts
Likes Given: 486

I have more respect for the animals I hunt than some of the population in today's society. I also understand that anybody who enters my house without permission is up to no good and therefore is no better than a rat with the plague or a cockroach. I would kill them in an instant to protect my family. They are scum in my mind who have no business living any longer. If that seems harsh so be it. They will have no qualms about hurting you and yours. Don't hesitate for a second, SHOOT or they might.

USMC 74-78

Last edited by limbkiller; 02-25-2013 at 11:30 PM.
People Like This 
Old 02-25-2013, 10:40 PM   #118
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 765 Times on 401 Posts
Likes Given: 486

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post

I will not leave my house. That is crazy. SHOOT.

USMC 74-78

dango Likes This 
Old 02-26-2013, 12:45 AM   #119
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2221 Times on 1379 Posts
Likes Given: 14838

Fight or Flea..! In Theory,Hypothetically..!

Old 02-26-2013, 12:58 AM   #120

Liked 9185 Times on 5049 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I would avoid a shooting in all honesty if I could. But considering my house is a trailer, my room on one end and my son's room at the other, and both the front and back doors in the middle, I don't see a way I could get to my son without going through a home invader on the way.

We all know what happens when you get between a mama bear and her cubs. Try a Daddy Marine and his devil pup.