Could you actually do it? - Page 11
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Could you actually do it?


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2013, 01:39 AM   #101
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9211 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

I concern me sometimes too.
trip286 is offline  
dango Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:41 AM   #102
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
dango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 6,987
Liked 4452 Times on 2469 Posts
Likes Given: 22486

Default

Yeap,it's that time again..! Philosophizing..!

What is the difference between a Hero and a Coward..? Hmmm..?

They both experience the same fear , sos's what's makes them different..?

The Coward: Is consumed by it..!

The Hero confronts just to move on..!
dango is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:54 AM   #103
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
winds-of-change's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 25,354
Liked 8799 Times on 5254 Posts
Likes Given: 11667

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
i bet he soils his more when he sees you holding that 357 Magnum!

besides, it's your house. he'll have to go further to clean his!
Yeah, you're right. I am NOT lending a him pair of my undies and I am NOT letting him use my washer and dryer.
__________________
Honor Student: School of Hard Knocks
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritatus

Last edited by winds-of-change; 02-25-2013 at 02:10 AM.
winds-of-change is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:56 AM   #104
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 7
Liked 22310 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Yeah, you're right. I am NOT lending a pair of my undies and I am NOT letting him use my washer and dryer.
don't worry, he'll be easy to track. just look for his trail!
Axxe55 is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:56 AM   #105
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
dango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 6,987
Liked 4452 Times on 2469 Posts
Likes Given: 22486

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Yeah, you're right. I am NOT lending a pair of my undies and I am NOT letting him use my washer and dryer.
dango Really likes that.......!LOL
dango is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:05 AM   #106
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 8
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default

I can only say I hope I never have to make that decision at home or at work (armed security) but if I do I'm hoping my training and studying help me. Training is very important I've been luck enough to do active shooter simunitions training with the local swat team and I would also recommend reading a book called On Killing: the psychological cost of learning to kill in war and society. It's a great book and can help explain why some people freeze and what to help prevent PTSD after taking someone's life.
rory83 is offline  
dango Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:09 AM   #107
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
winds-of-change's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 25,354
Liked 8799 Times on 5254 Posts
Likes Given: 11667

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rory83 View Post
I can only say I hope I never have to make that decision at home or at work (armed security) but if I do I'm hoping my training and studying help me. Training is very important I've been luck enough to do active shooter simunitions training with the local swat team and I would also recommend reading a book called On Killing: the psychological cost of learning to kill in war and society. It's a great book and can help explain why some people freeze and what to help prevent PTSD after taking someone's life.
I will have to look up that book. I think I could learn a lot from it. Thank you for the suggestion.
__________________
Honor Student: School of Hard Knocks
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritatus
winds-of-change is offline  
dango Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:30 AM   #108
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 8
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default

The book is by Lt. Col. David Grossman he also does seminars for military and law enforcement sometime. I got to watch a video of one where he talked about the bodies natural response to fear and one is to divert all energy into survival and bladder / colon control is not needed to survive. He then goes on to say thats why swat takes what they call to put it nicely a "combat crap" before a call out
rory83 is offline  
dango Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:49 AM   #109
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9211 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rory83 View Post
The book is by Lt. Col. David Grossman he also does seminars for military and law enforcement sometime. I got to watch a video of one where he talked about the bodies natural response to fear and one is to divert all energy into survival and bladder / colon control is not needed to survive. He then goes on to say thats why swat takes what they call to put it nicely a "combat crap" before a call out
I can speak from personal experience on the combat crap, and the bladder/bowel control issue.

I've never met a real combat vet who made fun of a boot for ****ting themselves. Also never met one who didn't at least attempt to negate that possible discomfort before a mission.

I have loaded my pants, front and back, more than once.
trip286 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:53 AM   #110
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: The Edge of Darkness
Posts: 6,495
Liked 4796 Times on 2682 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Default

The question you should ask what is the difference between a dead victim and an armed citizens making a decision? I would guess about 5 seconds!!
nitestalker is offline  
dango Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes




Newest Threads