Could you actually do it? - Page 10
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Could you actually do it?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2013, 10:28 PM   #91
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9205 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Off the mother effer and violate the body.

Old 02-24-2013, 10:50 PM   #92

Liked 17 Times on 11 Posts

I think that taking a persons life in self defense whether it be at home or abroad all depends on the situation. If you are in your home and have your gun drawn, shaking, heart racing, wondering what you are going to find around the next corner I believe instinct kicks in. Training is a big plus in these situations. With training and repetition of clearing a house you become accustomed to what is good bad, right and wrong. Personally at that moment it would not be hard to pull the trigger. The aftermath will be the killer.

In public situations the problem could be that the person is out in the open... What if the person carrying the 10/22 shooting people in the mall is just a kid? Say 13 years old... Your perspective changes and you would surely think twice. Personal opinion.

Old 02-24-2013, 11:01 PM   #93
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21723 Times on 12313 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRBogart View Post
I think that taking a persons life in self defense whether it be at home or abroad all depends on the situation. If you are in your home and have your gun drawn, shaking, heart racing, wondering what you are going to find around the next corner I believe instinct kicks in. Training is a big plus in these situations. With training and repetition of clearing a house you become accustomed to what is good bad, right and wrong. Personally at that moment it would not be hard to pull the trigger. The aftermath will be the killer.

In public situations the problem could be that the person is out in the open... What if the person carrying the 10/22 shooting people in the mall is just a kid? Say 13 years old... Your perspective changes and you would surely think twice. Personal opinion.
someone shooting at me, i will make no distinction between age, gender, race or anything else. all i will see is a threat that needs to be stopped, period. if you allow such thoughts to cloud your judgement, then that 13 yo kid will put bullets in you and make you very dead.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:08 PM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

someone shooting at me, i will make no distinction between age, gender, race or anything else. all i will see is a threat that needs to be stopped, period. if you allow such thoughts to cloud your judgement, then that 13 yo kid will put bullets in you and make you very dead.
Point taken.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:20 PM   #95

Quote:

Quote:
Point taken.
out in the open in public, my first and foremost concern wil be to protect myself and my loved ones by finding cover and only defending myself if forced to. there will be LE arriving and i will be glad to let them deal with a 13 yo sniper.

now that same 13 yo kid, hopped up on dope or trying to make his mark into gang life breaks into my home, i will not make any exceptions for age, i will not make any allowances for that persons gender or race. they are simply a threat to myself and my loved ones.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:25 PM   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

out in the open in public, my first and foremost concern wil be to protect myself and my loved ones by finding cover and only defending myself if forced to. there will be LE arriving and i will be glad to let them deal with a 13 yo sniper.

now that same 13 yo kid, hopped up on dope or trying to make his mark into gang life breaks into my home, i will not make any exceptions for age, i will not make any allowances for that persons gender or race. they are simply a threat to myself and my loved ones.
This is along the lines I was thinking.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:41 PM   #97
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7339 Times on 4415 Posts
Likes Given: 9052

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
the intruder would probably soil his britches when he realized someone was home!
As I will be when I realize someone is in my home.
People Like This 
Old 02-25-2013, 12:03 AM   #98
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3306 Times on 1861 Posts
Likes Given: 18894

We are for the most part raised with morals and a high regard for life in all forms.

When a person is forced into a situation where raw in-stinks kick in ,"There are only two" (Fight or FLEA).! If you can run , do , if you can't run , well.?

Many a vet here and I am sure they will agree..!

When you hear and feel a live round zing by your head , it .......changes your
perspective in a Milli-second.! Now what that change is I guess would really depend on the individual..?

It amazes me to no end what a highly motivated individual is capable of when pushed to the extreme........!

Last edited by dango; 02-25-2013 at 01:01 AM.
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 02-25-2013, 12:04 AM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
As I will be when I realize someone is in my home.
i bet he soils his more when he sees you holding that 357 Magnum!

besides, it's your house. he'll have to go further to clean his!
Old 02-25-2013, 01:15 AM   #100
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3378 Times on 1883 Posts
Likes Given: 147

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Off the mother effer and violate the body.
You concern me sometimes...

Honestly if I felt my life were in danger I know I would be able to do what had to be done to stop a threat. I've been through enough in my life I don't want to live with anymore, and I'm too young to die, that's the main reason I have a gun...

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Last edited by Cinderocka1989; 02-25-2013 at 01:21 AM.
dango Likes This