Could you actually do it? - Page 10
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Could you actually do it?


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2013, 10:28 PM   #91
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9211 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

Off the mother effer and violate the body.
trip286 is offline  
dango Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:50 PM   #92
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DRBogart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 67
Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts

Default

I think that taking a persons life in self defense whether it be at home or abroad all depends on the situation. If you are in your home and have your gun drawn, shaking, heart racing, wondering what you are going to find around the next corner I believe instinct kicks in. Training is a big plus in these situations. With training and repetition of clearing a house you become accustomed to what is good bad, right and wrong. Personally at that moment it would not be hard to pull the trigger. The aftermath will be the killer.

In public situations the problem could be that the person is out in the open... What if the person carrying the 10/22 shooting people in the mall is just a kid? Say 13 years old... Your perspective changes and you would surely think twice. Personal opinion.
DRBogart is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:01 PM   #93
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 7
Liked 22310 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRBogart View Post
I think that taking a persons life in self defense whether it be at home or abroad all depends on the situation. If you are in your home and have your gun drawn, shaking, heart racing, wondering what you are going to find around the next corner I believe instinct kicks in. Training is a big plus in these situations. With training and repetition of clearing a house you become accustomed to what is good bad, right and wrong. Personally at that moment it would not be hard to pull the trigger. The aftermath will be the killer.

In public situations the problem could be that the person is out in the open... What if the person carrying the 10/22 shooting people in the mall is just a kid? Say 13 years old... Your perspective changes and you would surely think twice. Personal opinion.
someone shooting at me, i will make no distinction between age, gender, race or anything else. all i will see is a threat that needs to be stopped, period. if you allow such thoughts to cloud your judgement, then that 13 yo kid will put bullets in you and make you very dead.
Axxe55 is offline  
dango Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:08 PM   #94
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DRBogart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 67
Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

someone shooting at me, i will make no distinction between age, gender, race or anything else. all i will see is a threat that needs to be stopped, period. if you allow such thoughts to cloud your judgement, then that 13 yo kid will put bullets in you and make you very dead.
Point taken.
DRBogart is offline  
dango Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:20 PM   #95
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 7
Liked 22310 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRBogart View Post
I think that taking a persons life in self defense whether it be at home or abroad all depends on the situation. If you are in your home and have your gun drawn, shaking, heart racing, wondering what you are going to find around the next corner I believe instinct kicks in. Training is a big plus in these situations. With training and repetition of clearing a house you become accustomed to what is good bad, right and wrong. Personally at that moment it would not be hard to pull the trigger. The aftermath will be the killer.

In public situations the problem could be that the person is out in the open... What if the person carrying the 10/22 shooting people in the mall is just a kid? Say 13 years old... Your perspective changes and you would surely think twice. Personal opinion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRBogart View Post
Point taken.
out in the open in public, my first and foremost concern wil be to protect myself and my loved ones by finding cover and only defending myself if forced to. there will be LE arriving and i will be glad to let them deal with a 13 yo sniper.

now that same 13 yo kid, hopped up on dope or trying to make his mark into gang life breaks into my home, i will not make any exceptions for age, i will not make any allowances for that persons gender or race. they are simply a threat to myself and my loved ones.
Axxe55 is offline  
dango Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:25 PM   #96
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DRBogart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 67
Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

out in the open in public, my first and foremost concern wil be to protect myself and my loved ones by finding cover and only defending myself if forced to. there will be LE arriving and i will be glad to let them deal with a 13 yo sniper.

now that same 13 yo kid, hopped up on dope or trying to make his mark into gang life breaks into my home, i will not make any exceptions for age, i will not make any allowances for that persons gender or race. they are simply a threat to myself and my loved ones.
This is along the lines I was thinking.
DRBogart is offline  
dango Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:41 PM   #97
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
winds-of-change's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 25,329
Liked 8764 Times on 5237 Posts
Likes Given: 11637

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
the intruder would probably soil his britches when he realized someone was home!
As I will be when I realize someone is in my home.
__________________
Honor Student: School of Hard Knocks
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritatus
winds-of-change is online now  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:03 AM   #98
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
dango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 6,983
Liked 4449 Times on 2467 Posts
Likes Given: 22406

Default

We are for the most part raised with morals and a high regard for life in all forms.

When a person is forced into a situation where raw in-stinks kick in ,"There are only two" (Fight or FLEA).! If you can run , do , if you can't run , well.?

Many a vet here and I am sure they will agree..!

When you hear and feel a live round zing by your head , it .......changes your
perspective in a Milli-second.! Now what that change is I guess would really depend on the individual..?

It amazes me to no end what a highly motivated individual is capable of when pushed to the extreme........!

Last edited by dango; 02-25-2013 at 01:01 AM.
dango is offline  
axxe55 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:04 AM   #99
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 7
Liked 22310 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
As I will be when I realize someone is in my home.
i bet he soils his more when he sees you holding that 357 Magnum!

besides, it's your house. he'll have to go further to clean his!
Axxe55 is offline  
3
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:15 AM   #100
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Cinderocka1989's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Laradise
Posts: 7,320
Liked 4461 Times on 2482 Posts
Likes Given: 194

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Off the mother effer and violate the body.
You concern me sometimes...

Honestly if I felt my life were in danger I know I would be able to do what had to be done to stop a threat. I've been through enough in my life I don't want to live with anymore, and I'm too young to die, that's the main reason I have a gun...
__________________
3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Last edited by Cinderocka1989; 02-25-2013 at 01:21 AM.
Cinderocka1989 is offline  
dango Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes




Newest Threads