Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > could this be the new hi point home?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2008, 01:55 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default could this be the new hi point home?

well i found this site this week after our hi point forum went down, it has not come back, so im hoping that the guys will find this place,a lot of us own hi point guns and are big fans of them among other guns, i hope i can make new friends here and help in any way i can, we had a great site but i don,t know if its gone for good .

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-31-2008, 03:36 PM   #2

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

I'm sure they will find this site. This is a pretty popular site. When you google gun forums, this is near the top of the list.

BTW. I own 2 Hi-Points (a C-9 and a JCP .45). Great weapons, and they shoot excellent. Good utility weapons.

119.00 for my C-9 and 139.00 for my JCP 45.

Last edited by SGT-MILLER; 10-31-2008 at 03:37 PM. Reason: adding word into sentence

Old 10-31-2008, 03:50 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

I've got a .380. It's clunky and ugly and has horrible ergonomics, but it goes bang every time I pull the trigger.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 10-31-2008, 04:26 PM   #4

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

I think it's part of their charm. They in no way look pretty, but they go bang every time. It's fun having an ugly gun at the range. I love it when some people come up to me and say "WTF is that thing?????"

If you need a defense gun right now and you only have about 120-150 dollars, Hi-Point is the way to go.

I haven't fired any of their shoulder arms myself yet, but I am hearing tons of rave reviews from the Hi-Point carbines. I have yet to hear something negative about them.

Old 10-31-2008, 04:39 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT-MILLER View Post
I think it's part of their charm. They in no way look pretty, but they go bang every time. It's fun having an ugly gun at the range. I love it when some people come up to me and say "WTF is that thing?????"

If you need a defense gun right now and you only have about 120-150 dollars, Hi-Point is the way to go.

I haven't fired any of their shoulder arms myself yet, but I am hearing tons of rave reviews from the Hi-Point carbines. I have yet to hear something negative about them.
There is a pretty good sized thread somewhere on the forum about the carbines. Those that have experience with them have nothing but rave reviews. Those that don't do nothing but knock them.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 10-31-2008, 05:11 PM   #6

i tell you i got a 380 to test out and see how good they were, man i liked it so much i got a 45, i liked that so much i got the carbine 9mm, all great guns, not one problem, iam thinking about the 9mm c-9 , but im goin to get the sigma by s&w because of the high cap. 16 .

Old 11-01-2008, 01:25 PM   #7
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 42 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Hi=Points are excellent "expendable" guns.

Old 11-01-2008, 02:58 PM   #8

There are plenty of us guys that stooped so low as to buy a $100 pistol on this board. I have a C9 and wouldn't hesitate for a second to buy another HP. I'm seriously thinking about getting one of the carbines.

Old 11-01-2008, 10:11 PM   #9
DMC

Just a note on their warranty. I smashed the rear sight on my C9 and e-mailed Hi-Point asking what a new one would cost. That was on a Saturday morning. The next Wednesday a UPS truck pulled up and delivered a new complete assembly, plus the allen wrench and screwdriver necessary to install/adjust the sight. No charge.

DC

Old 11-02-2008, 08:41 PM   #10

Wonder if you guys could possibly give me a hand on this other thread here.