Cops shoot 2 in LA by mistake - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Cops shoot 2 in LA by mistake

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2013, 06:10 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill0084 View Post
Even if you buy the mistaken identity with the Toyota, how does one justify the attack on the non-combatant Honda Ridgeline.
This sounds like one of the jokes my dad used to make about LAPD (he was LASD): "You can tell LAPD stops just by the sound: Bang! Bang! Bang! Halt!" The current situation seems to bear out a bit of truth to that line.
Maybe both types of trucks are under a recall. :-P The cops involved were doing the ladies a service of public safety.

NEVER FORGET

Old 02-09-2013, 06:52 PM   #42

Liked 84 Times on 61 Posts

Yess there is an absolute change in LEO state of mind but it was a must. They have to change along with the times. You may remember when they were seen as public servants first, yes they still are public servants first but the threats on the streets have dramatically increased since then especially in California and large cities.

I understand all of your points and agree to a certain degree. Its not uncommon now that some le think they're in rampart division and use excessive force, lack of ethics or other acts along those lines.

I see a lot happening that is disgraceful to le all around the world, but for each defunct leo there are 50 great leos that would do anything to protect the citizens or help them out. Societies negative view towards le has alot to do with some of the lesser attitudes we seem to receive.

I know a few leo that are just not nice people for one reason or another but 99% of the leo that are friends or i have met are normal folks like you or me

Last edited by bige91603; 02-09-2013 at 06:57 PM.

Old 02-09-2013, 11:36 PM   #43

Liked 246 Times on 174 Posts
Likes Given: 12

I remember when many on this forum were ready to string Zimmerman up based on what evidence ? News media reports .

Old 02-10-2013, 12:05 AM   #44

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

http://news.yahoo.com/photos/members-california-highway-patrol-search-truck-christopher-dorner-photo-213228709.html

Update........

NEVER FORGET

Old 02-10-2013, 12:14 AM   #45

Liked 718 Times on 464 Posts
Likes Given: 231

I see the reports now from homeowners near where the two women were shot. Police bullets struck several cars and homes in the area.

Just walking on the edge of of my grave.

dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 02-10-2013, 04:35 PM   #46

Liked 17 Times on 10 Posts

Our union doesn't take political stances so Dogg you are wrong about that.
Saying that cops have brought this distrust upon themselves is an easy way out. Yes just like any profession we have people who do really dumb things and should be fired and or locked up. Name one profession out there that doesn't have it's bad apples. Doctors, mechanics, teachers, priests, etc.. But wait cops should be held I a higher standard! I'm pretty sure the standard is universal the situations our jobs put us in are just different. I will once again say all the facts of these shootings are not in so don rush to judgment on something you know little about. If you are citing the media reports of what happened then you really have no idea how wrong the media usually is.

Old 02-10-2013, 04:42 PM   #47

Liked 246 Times on 174 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC-Hat View Post
Saying that cops have brought this distrust upon themselves is an easy way out. Yes just like any profession we have people who do really dumb things and should be fired and or locked up. Name one profession out there that doesn't have it's bad apples. Doctors, mechanics, teachers, priests, etc.. But wait cops should be held I a higher standard! I'm pretty sure the standard is universal the situations our jobs put us in are just different. I will once again say all the facts of these shootings are not in so don rush to judgment on something you know little about. If you are citing the media reports of what happened then you really have no idea how wrong the media usually is.
Amen ..............

Old 02-10-2013, 05:19 PM   #48
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2838 Times on 1409 Posts
Likes Given: 294

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC-Hat View Post
All the other careers you list are very different from police.
Teachers, priests & so forth are NOT an arm of the government in a position to shoot me dead on the street, for some offense, real or imagined. The aforementioned careers also have no authority to imprison me either. So, yeah, I expect LEOs to behave better than those in careers who don't swear an oath to uphold the law of the land.
I don't think that's unreasonable. Do you?
NRA Life Member

"We've replaced what was an exceptional country with a tolerant country. " Greg Gutfeld
People Like This 
Old 02-10-2013, 06:38 PM   #49

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

No matter how you look at it the actions of those officers was unacceptable. I understand LEO's are under a lot of pressure but that's no excuse. The cops firing at that truck without properly identifying the driver and passenger is just as stupid as hunters shooting at sounds in the woods without identifying the game. Once you squeeze the trigger you cant recall that bullet because you were wrong.

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

People Like This