Cops shoot 2 in LA by mistake - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Cops shoot 2 in LA by mistake

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2013, 05:26 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 127 Times on 64 Posts
Likes Given: 364

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC-Hat View Post
What were the cops doing on that street? Was that a street where one of the officers mentioned in the manifesto lived? Was the vehicle an exact match? No it was similar and like I said earlier descriptions aren't always accurate. Bad guy could have switched vehicles as well. Was the operator of that vehicle given orders to stop which they failed to do? Many things must be considered before you decided they need to "man up" or they need to be criminally charged. I'm sure it's hard for some to grasp all of this because of your blind hatred of anything law enforcement but I think it's funny because when we talk about gun grabbing legislation and such I haven met another cop or deputy who would take anyone's guns. Not because we are too "jittery" or "scared" but because we believe in our rights just as much as yours.
BITE ME!

I have four relatives who serve honorably in two different police forces and with the County Sheriffs department!

This kind of crap is not tolorated! And should NOT be tolorated!

Everytime LEO's are given a walk for their inability to follow simple rules, it only escalates when the SAME LEO's 'F'-up in a situation just like what happened with these two poor women!

You control your fear, not shoot at shadows.

Been there, done that!

eldar
Old 02-09-2013, 05:36 PM   #32

Liked 17 Times on 10 Posts

Bite me? Really? Been there done that? Doesn't sound like it. Sounds like you just know people who have. You don't have all the facts or do I. If they were negligent then I hope they are fired of course. We don't know settle down a bit and wait to see what happens. All I'm doing is giving some insight from the other side of this. Feel free to call your relatives and see what they have to say about the situation. Bite me though? Come on!

Old 02-09-2013, 05:46 PM   #33
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2003 Times on 1186 Posts
Likes Given: 958

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiwall View Post
During training I assume police are trained not to shoot unarmed innocent people. Note: This is a total guess on my part as I have no first-hand knowledge of their training. So this is either a total lack of training or a total break down of training or willful disregard of that training. Other choices are that those police were scared out of their wits and just started shooting. Or they wanted to "get in on the action" so they shot at the first possible opportunity. Or they were ordered to shoot first and ask questions later. Any of these scenarios are at the least grounds to have them fired from their jobs. Or bring criminal charges against them. But nothing will happen to these cops. Nothing. The lives of those two women may be totally ruined. At best the physical scars will not show or cause permanent impairment. They likely will have nightmares for a very long time.

Police knew the brand, model, plate number, and color of the bad guys truck, the ladies truck met none of those criteria.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/02/07/16888732-women-shot-by-cops-were-just-delivering-papers?lite

http://www.dailybreeze.com/news/ci_22544264/police-suspecting-christopher-dorners-arrival-shoot-3-innocent
It is my understanding that:
1. The vehicle matched the description of the bandits,
2. This occurred before dawn and vehicle was driving without lights,
3. The vehicle was approaching the home of one of the people 'targeted' by the bandit,
4. The driver did not stop when ordered to.

IF and only IF these are true then the officers were correct and justified in their actions.

Totality of the circumstances apply here!!!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Old 02-09-2013, 05:49 PM   #34

Liked 3735 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC-Hat View Post
I haven met another cop or deputy who would take anyone's guns. Not because we are too "jittery" or "scared" but because we believe in our rights just as much as yours.
you haven't been to NYC have you? Philly? Trenton? Boston? LA? Chicago? I haven't met a cop from any of those cities that didn't want civilians completely disarmed!

Your Union ... supports gun control!

I've made this statement before and I'll make it again ... LE has nobody to blame for the distrust the people have of them but themselves. If you can't see the poor behavior of these officers in this shooting I suggest you take a step out from behind your Blue Line ... because you are on the wrong side of it

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

People Like This 
Old 02-09-2013, 05:51 PM   #35

Liked 84 Times on 61 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post

you haven't been to NYC have you? Philly? Trenton? Boston? LA? Chicago? I haven't met a cop from any of those cities that didn't want civilians completely disarmed!

Your Union ... supports gun control!

I've made this statement before and I'll make it again ... LE has nobody to blame for the distrust the people have of them but themselves. If you can't see the poor behavior of these officers in this shooting I suggest you take a step out from behind your Blue Line ... because you are on the wrong side of it
Damn we have a LE hater on our hands

Old 02-09-2013, 05:55 PM   #36

Liked 127 Times on 64 Posts
Likes Given: 364

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau View Post
It is my understanding that:
1. The vehicle matched the description of the bandits,
2. This occurred before dawn and vehicle was driving without lights,
3. The vehicle was approaching the home of one of the people 'targeted' by the bandit,
4. The driver did not stop when ordered to.

IF and only IF these are true then the officers were correct and justified in their actions.

Totality of the circumstances apply here!!!
No they weren't.

Since when do LEO's open fire without any sign of a weapon or threat to them personally. ALL of the rounds hit the back of the vehicle in question. None of the LEO's vehicles were struck by gunfire, returned or otherwise.

These guys screwed the pooch! Royally! And deserves the exact kind of treatment a Citizen deserves when they mess up in a similar circumstance.

Release the dashcam imagery. That will settle this hash instantly.

@USMC-hat ~ come wear my shoes sometime.

eldar
Old 02-09-2013, 05:58 PM   #37

Liked 3735 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Quote:
Originally Posted by bige91603 View Post
not at all ... I have family who are LE, relatives who are LE, life long friends who are LE

but bullshit is bullshit no matter what is pinned to someones lapel If LEO's want rally the wagons and hide behind their Blue Line when one of their own fucks up ...

all for one and one for all

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 02-09-2013, 05:59 PM   #38

Liked 2565 Times on 1155 Posts
Likes Given: 2462

Quote:
He doesn't hate LE but he does not approve of bad behavior. As an older guy I remember the police as calm respectable human beings. Now they seem to be a bunch of scared bullies. Shooting at random cars is unacceptable. You need to verify your target. This is no different than a hunter shooting into the bushes because he heard something. You wouldn't approve of that so why this.
Old 02-09-2013, 06:02 PM   #39

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:

Dog isn't a LE hater. He, like many of us see the change from public servants that would "protect and serve" to the modern police state and all that comes with it. Cops are people there is good and bad. It just seems like the bad ones are protected and enabled by the good ones silence. Also procedures and laws seem very skewed against a civilian who falls out of step with the law as opposed to a cop who may do the same thing.

NEVER FORGET

dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 02-09-2013, 06:06 PM   #40
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2876 Times on 1432 Posts
Likes Given: 303

Even if you buy the mistaken identity with the Toyota, how does one justify the attack on the non-combatant Honda Ridgeline.

Quote:
Less than a half-hour later, cops fired on another vehicle in Torrance, just two blocks away from the first scene, NBCLosAngeles.com reported. No one was injured in that (Black Honda Ridgeline) vehicle, which was similar to Dorner's truck, police said.
By that standard, ALL pickups with dark paint are fair game.
Being a cop hunting another renegade cop is a big deal. That doesn't mean they get to toss out proper judgement ,and the basic rule of identifying one's target.

This sounds like one of the jokes my dad used to make about LAPD (he was LASD): "You can tell LAPD stops just by the sound: Bang! Bang! Bang! Halt!" The current situation seems to bear out a bit of truth to that line.
NRA Life Member

"We've replaced what was an exceptional country with a tolerant country. " Greg Gutfeld

Last edited by Overkill0084; 02-09-2013 at 06:13 PM.
People Like This